"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:28:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Guards shoot lock pickers in guarded towns.  (Read 1927 times)

Guards shoot lock pickers in guarded towns.
« on: July 31, 2011, 09:49:30 pm »

It's fairly simple, why not have the guards shoot people attempting to steal -LARGE- objects?

Currently anyone can lock pick a vehicle and not even be unprotected, and since lock picking takes you to the world map, they're not even catchable before they do it.

Honestly it might also work to build a tiny "parking lot" map for most towns, but that you have to pay for it, and the guards will always shoot car thieves there, if it's too much for the normal guards to handle.

*Update*

Alright, new brain storm, make the small parking lot sections be encounter/tent style, you speak to an NPC to be teleported to the area with the guard you parked with, and it goes "Poof" if you drive away, or don't visit it for 1 week.

People might use it like a tent, but i don't really see the problem, if that is too easy, even though you have to buy the parking space, then just add a fee every day or so to enter the encounter, and if you cant pay the rent, then they just keep the car there until you pay, or the timer runs out.

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:28:58 pm by Graf »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Suggestion: Guards shoot lock pickers in guarded towns.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 03:20:43 am »

This is such an obvious must...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:37:09 am »

I'm all for it. Parking lots made next to the towns would surely help in use of cars. If you would want to park there you'd have to pay a fee (for example 500 caps for IRL week), after that you can park your car there whenever you want. Cars would be moved to worldmap after an hour to prevent blocking parkings with shitloads of cars. In cities everyone who tries to lockpick a car (steal it pretty much) and fails should be unprotected.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 12:00:45 pm »

In cities everyone who tries to lockpick a car (steal it pretty much) and fails should be unprotected.

Parking lots and this.
Guards should say something like 'player name you just failed miserably' similar to failing thieves. Of course this would be limited to guards in the line of sight.
Failing to lock pick lockers, for instance in the NCR FLC, where guards and other npc can't see you shouldn't result in becoming unprotected. If you fail in lock picking and a none guard npc sees it, you should become unprotected.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 05:26:55 am »

If guards protect cars, then cars should have HP.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

CaptOmg

• Killin' paladins.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:48:50 am »

They do, if you dont repair them they will eventually brake down.

If your able to drive cars in areas (not in the world map, in the actual cities and towns), they should be damaged when they're shot.
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 09:46:01 am »

Public parking lots would be of no use. You primarily need to park with your pvp ape near unprotected town before battle where you can die and lost your key. Other alts can have outdoorsman. Othervise most of cars are lockpicked already for comfort reasons.

We need more ability to build multiple tents or private parking lots. Small privately accessible location generated upon ariving to or near to a city.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 12:59:00 am »

Updated the idea, came up with it when i was writing in another topic.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 05:33:34 am »

They do, if you dont repair them they will eventually brake down.

If your able to drive cars in areas (not in the world map, in the actual cities and towns), they should be damaged when they're shot.

That's what I meant- I want to be able to bomb cars.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 07:48:15 pm »

What happens if you stick armed bomb in a car trunk?
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 05:06:50 pm »

Guarded parking lots should require pay for timer then.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 05:38:27 pm »

Public parking lots would be of no use. You primarily need to park with your pvp ape near unprotected town before battle where you can die and lost your key. Other alts can have outdoorsman. Othervise most of cars are lockpicked already for comfort reasons.

Maybe public parking lots should exist in guarded towns only. Guards in these maps would act pretty much like any guard in protected towns, but also shoot at people who are lockpicking a car or its trunk.  Possible explanation: guarded towns have strong governments with a relatively decent economic structure so they can pay and maintain these installations, while in unguarded towns, which get occupied by gangs all the time, governments are weak and can't afford these things as they need stability.

In unprotected towns, you won't have this option and so in these places you risk getting shot and your car risks getting lockpicked.

This way cars are protected in protected towns, and unprotected in unprotected towns - I think this is how guarded/unguarded is supposed to work in the first place.

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 03:30:59 am »

No need for a tent/encounter map.  How about doing it like Vault City?  When you drive a car into town it arrives in a fenced in area with guards.  To get out of that area you have to buy a personalized ticket for a small fee.  When you come back you're charged based on how long you were parked there.  Or if that's too complicated just a simple fee when you arrive.  Anyone trying to enter the area without their own ticket gets shot on sight.

EDIT: Just thought of a complication.  A thief could drive in, get the pass, then steal someone else's car, then walk back in and get his own.  SOLUTION: It's a one time pass.  To get back into the gated area you have to give the guard back your pass.  Still not foolproof I guess, a thief could drive a scout in and steal someone's Hummer or just lockpick all the trunks and steal anything in them.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:02:58 am by Shonsu »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 02:11:28 pm »

Lockpickers can be really annoing sometimes even you just come to shopping at NCR or other towns..
They can be really fast and you don't even see when you car is on the way :D

I suggest that guards first just start shout about fail lockpick and, if that happens many times then guards start shoot.
Re: Guards shoot lock pickers in guarded towns.
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 12:27:12 pm »

Well you must know that there are some options of securing your car:
1) parking tent. Time investment 10 mins, money investment 10 hides, duration two weeks +-, secure 100%
2) other parked car. Time investment 10 mins, money investment 30k caps (or cheapest car), duration infinite, secure 100% after initial 10 mins
3) parking on the world map. Time investment 1min each park to get to city, money investment 0, duration infinite, secure 70% (object of discussion, i have never lost WM parkd car but found and stolen few wm parked cars)
4) parking in city. Time investment 0, money investment 0, duration infinite, secure 30% depending on city (realy have no idea about that option i have never even tried it.)

As you can see even WM parking doesnt mean certainly lost car. This parking lot idea is trying to suggest new method of securing your car. But as far in the discussion it seems like you want it with some investment but not with 100% security which makes it same like WM parking only more expensive. Who would pay for same security he can have for free? Even if the public parking lot would become some miraculously 100% secure stealers would just concentrate on geting your key which is also far from secure option. Only viable otion which would make traveling by car actually more comfortable would be instanced private parking lots.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.