"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 04:25:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thrower + Demolitions Expert build, please critique  (Read 3587 times)

Thrower + Demolitions Expert build, please critique
« on: February 16, 2010, 04:09:33 am »

S - 4
P - 6
E - 6
C - 3
I - 5
A - 10
L - 6

Fast shot, One hander

Tag: Throwing, Traps, Science

Get Throwing to atleast 130, Traps 140, Science 120.  Spare skill points go into doctor, outdoors, repair

Perks:
Lv3 - Toughness
Lv6 - Toughness
Lv9 - ? ? ? (Dodger? Bonus move?) ? ? ?
Lv12 - Lifegiver
Lv15 - Lifegiver
Lv18 - Action boy
Lv21 - Action boy

At end level tag skills will be Throwing 130, Traps 141, Science 120, Doctor 80, Outdoors, 82, Repair 40
12AP with fast shot means 4 grenades per turn.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 12:00:10 pm by Smakula »
Re: Thrower + Demolitions Expert build, please critique
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 04:38:05 am »

heave ho only does anything if you have 1 str, also one handed doesn't affect throwing weapons as far as I know.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 05:58:10 am »

About heave-ho and throw range, correct me if I am wrong, but max throw range of grenades is 15 and character throw range is determined by STR*3.  So wouldn't you need 5 strength to throw 15 hexes? (5*3=15)

I'm not sure about one-hander either, but technically grenades and knives are one-handed weapons.  I guess it depends on whether the game recognizes this or not.  The benefit of one-hander probably isn't that great anyway, but I figure I won't ever be using two handed weapons.

How about the rest of the build?  To me it seems like a good damage output for throwing weapons.  With plasma grenades being 40-90 damage, and this build allowing 4 attacks per turn, you get 160 dmg at least and 360 at most.

edit:  Starting to think living anatomy might be overkill, might get another level of lifegiver.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:03:47 am by Smakula »
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 06:34:16 am »

Its str*5 not 3. Also living anatomy is worth it on nades because it adds 5 to everyone it hits, so in groups thats a lot more damage per shot. I'd drop the packrat for toughness if anything.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:38:34 am by Roachor »

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 11:06:23 am »

give me some info for what you need this alt, if that supose be a just dem expert + throwing you screw this alt ;p
6luck ? you need luck only for perks/crits/fistaid and i dont see any of luck perks expet toughness.

granadiers needs a lot of hitpoints, 6en and only one lifegiver is not good enough
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 11:51:21 am »

Going for a PvP build that can craft.  I'm going to make some edits to the first post, see what you think.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 04:00:18 pm »

give me some info for what you need this alt, if that supose be a just dem expert + throwing you screw this alt ;p
6luck ? you need luck only for perks/crits/fistaid and i dont see any of luck perks expet toughness.

granadiers needs a lot of hitpoints, 6en and only one lifegiver is not good enough
Im going to make grenade thrower with luck 10 -better FA,more crit chance and perks like toughness and more criticals.
I think it can be good have 25 percents of crit chance on grenade thrower char.
Do you think it can be good , or is better to choose character with luck 6 but have 2*Action boys and agility 10 so you can throw 1more grenade per turn.
I mean , for PVP..
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 04:05:50 pm »

Don't forget about AP regeneration. Than more you have than faster it regenerates, than more chance that your victim couldn't stay on his feet and always be laying and be useless.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 04:30:37 pm »

yes,but then you must spend 2 perks into action boy, yeah it can be good ,but if you throw grenade into more then one people , it calculate if is hit critical or not for every player which was in that range. so your attacks will be more powerfull.
or you can choose more crit. perks and not choose toughness, do you think that toughness is important for grenade thrower??i dont know...
more crit chance or be toughness?

and its bad to make pvp char with demolition expert profession because of senceless choose of skills.
so its possible to make Biggunner with BG profession on lvl 2, same like sniper with SG profession and EW.but if you wanna be thrower with demolition profession you need to raise useless skill Traps on 140 and science which is for this char useless to  120 , and you need perception 9,
thrower dont need a lot of points in PE, further you can make just two grenades and dynamite(which you cant make because you cant get parts of detonator).So it will be hard to give this character doctor and first aid.

I hope sneak will be usable once.It can be good to have thrower with sneak skill.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 05:20:12 pm »

and people keep tryign and trying to make crafter pvp builds .... amusing...
i will jsut englighten you on this ...timeout on crafting plasma nade is 33 mins - 20 nades in hour... to shoot 20 nades you need maybe 5mins ? 15 with all the traveling and finding ... And another thing is you need MFC to make em ... 100 mfc in 50 min cd = 40 nades ...
i say make two demo experts one energy expert and take some usefull skills on your pvp character ;]
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 05:55:30 pm »

Yes you need energy weapons professional to make plasma grenades too, thats bad.plasma grenade is only item i know ,for which you need 2 professions...
Maybe its the reason ,that not much people use throwing skill...
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 06:05:04 pm »

the worst on demo is that you need 1 per to be close to your enemy in encounter but you need 9 per to demo profession 2 so maybe 5 per with mentat is best way

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 02:59:22 am »

if bonus rate of fire effects throwing, then...
grenades are ranged imo. at least they have range.  :P

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 10:56:38 am »

umm, yeah, 6 granados per turn, fucking brilliant...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 08:27:00 pm »

umm, yeah, 6 granados per turn, fucking brilliant...

hopefully it works. i don't see why i wouldn't. it doesn't work in fallout 2 tho i know that.
but you can shoot a pistol 6 times a turn now..
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.365 seconds with 22 queries.