"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 06:20:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Buying base/creating gang  (Read 1561 times)

Buying base/creating gang
« on: November 11, 2011, 05:47:45 pm »

I bought a Gas Station and told the redding base seller the faction name "The Guardians".
After that i bought a second base, a cave, and used a second faction name "Fuel Drinkers".
With me were Des and Crazy as members.

When we had a look for the bases, we could not see the gas station on map, but found the cave.
In faction terminal, the title said Welcome to the Guardians, but when i browsed members list
the terminal said "Fuel drinkers".

It seems somehow we messed it up by using 2 faction names on a single leader char.
Additionally, the cave disappeared right after we visited it, even the leader char was
unable to see the spot on worldmap.

We spotted also some similar problem but it's a bit different from what Fridge encountered:

We wanted to buy a base under "The Generic Ass Kickers". The dialog appeared and i told him this name. No caps were taken from inventory and the dialog didn't go further. Even though it seemed that this name isn't working, we checked the w-map quick, if there was some new base to be seen somewhere. There wasn't. So we tried again, this time under the name "The Skullz". This now worked and the caps were withdrawn etc....

Now the strange thing is --> If you look up the terminal it says "The Generic Ass Kickers"

This wasn't the faction we choosed or at least which didn't work in first place. When you try to "manage hideout.." there it says "The Skullz", which was the faction name, which finally worked.

Fixed
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:39:40 am by scypior »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Buying base/creating gang
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 06:08:38 pm »

Well maybe it isn't a bug: you get a name for the faction (free) and then buy a base which have its own name (to be able to make a difference between different bases).

Rather not a bug, also, faction creating/base buying got its fixes nonetheless.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:40:46 am by scypior »
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:21:18 pm »

Maybe...i mean it would make "some" sense but still in this case i think it's a bug because a faction takes already 2 names for one base (which is then not available anymore for others ofc). But the idea to have some kind of diff name for other bases of the same faction isn't bad at all. It should be like "The Generic Ass Kickers" (overall faction name) and then "Main Base"; "Base 2"; "Base 3"..[] "Base n".

Base names can be reused in different factions. Strictly speaking, base is defined for a pair (faction, basename)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:42:27 am by scypior »

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
Buying base/creating gang
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 09:15:44 am »

Well maybe it isn't a bug: you get a name for the faction (free) and then buy a base which have its own name (to be able to make a difference between different bases).

When you buy your first base, it's possible to interrupt the dialog, and have only faction created (without base bought). I may fix it, if it's gonna be abused though...

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 09:19:05 am »

I bought a Gas Station and told the redding base seller the faction name "The Guardians".
After that i bought a second base, a cave, and used a second faction name "Fuel Drinkers".
With me were Des and Crazy as members.

When we had a look for the bases, we could not see the gas station on map, but found the cave.
In faction terminal, the title said Welcome to the Guardians, but when i browsed members list
the terminal said "Fuel drinkers".

It seems somehow we messed it up by using 2 faction names on a single leader char.
Additionally, the cave disappeared right after we visited it, even the leader char was
unable to see the spot on worldmap.

I need more information, cause you enter faction name only once, when buying first base (technically, before - so first the faction is being created, and the base is being spawned later).

Were you leader of the group (followers, not faction) in latter case? Were other players factionless in first attempt? Or maybe the other base were bought by a player who were in some other faction?

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 09:23:21 am »

We spotted also some similar problem but it's a bit different from what Fridge encountered:

We wanted to buy a base under "The Generic Ass Kickers". The dialog appeared and i told him this name. No caps were taken from inventory and the dialog didn't go further. Even though it seemed that this name isn't working, we checked the w-map quick, if there was some new base to be seen somewhere. There wasn't. So we tried again, this time under the name "The Skullz". This now worked and the caps were withdrawn etc....

Now the strange thing is --> If you look up the terminal it says "The Generic Ass Kickers"

This wasn't the faction we choosed or at least which didn't work in first place. When you try to "manage hideout.." there it says "The Skullz", which was the faction name, which finally worked.

I think, in this case you haven't read the dialog properly:

1) You chose faction name, faction had been created, dialog got interrupted.
2) You thought faction had not been created (because there were no base (it had not yet been bought)), so you wanted to buy another by creating another faction
3) You went to NPC, but he asked you about base name, not faction name. You entered The Skullz, which created the base that had been assigned to The Generic Ass Kickers.

Like in my previous post - it's possible due to the ability to create faction without buying base (by interrupting dialog).

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 11:35:04 am »

Fixed nonetheless - faction is now created in the same moment as first base, so it's not possible to create baseless faction by interrupting dialog. Will be in on next CBT restart/update, check it again then.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 08:11:31 pm »

Thanks for the info.

About the problem Fridge encountered:

I don't know if he was leader of the group (wasn't with them when they bought it) but i think so. But in addition he had this problem too as we bought a base under another faction name. This time i was leader of the group and he was within. As he moved out of the base it disappeared on his worldmap for him. The other members didn't had any problems. So "The Guardians" base is still there (we couldn't use this name because Fridge bought it in first place) but he can't see it (or the new base) anymore.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:14:45 pm by Balthasar »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.