"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 03:53:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Perk/Trait testing and feedback  (Read 3748 times)

Perk/Trait testing and feedback
« on: November 10, 2011, 02:43:17 am »

Red text is Atom

-Spray and Pray perk icon exceeds the windows size because the icon size.
-Dismantler perk - Description required.
-More ranged damage perk- description required.

-Lifegiver, In the description for each level of the perk, it says it will add +20 to your total hp , but it is actually level 1: +20, Level 2: +30, Level 3: +40 [otherwise, working correctly]

-Silent death doesn't work on two handed melee weapons.
       -Silent death works with p90 and other one handed SMG's as they count as pistol type for the perk. Actually it is really good , you shouldn't change that just fix the damn ammo DR mods and then we will see how effective it is
       -Silent death works even if you are in a straight line from the targets left or right side , it counts as from back.
       -If Silent death bonus is used on multiple targets at the same time it doesn't matter if your using a grenade , smg only the initial hit is critical , it doesn't include spread from bursts and splash damage.

-Man of Steel    15      En 8    Gives -10 on the critical table to hits targetting you
Buff it to +20-25 so it balances out with better criticals and gives some actual advantage against other crit perks that increase critical table damage , otherwise not worth to take it.

Heave Ho! -working, but could use better description.

-Ranger - Seems odd that one can build such an elaborate camp, from simply ten hides. The material requirements need to be raised, ALOT. Decent amount of metal parts, junk, and wood, as well as the brahmin hides is more appropriate. Have whatever specified amount of material removed from player inventory once science skill used on the hides. -Bob

Bonus HtH attacks Requiring 225% in unarmed or melee is absurd requirements..... These skills are maxed out at 160% , even for character with 1 PE. 125% is much more reasonable number- Bob

Fixed
-Iron Grip, controlled test done with 14mm at 10 hex distance, facing shooter(100%crit 300%SG) straight on. 10 EN, After this test I do believe this is working properly Found a bug there, hard to spot, fixed now

-Tree trunk thighs, controlled test done with 14mm at 10 hex distance, facing shooter straight on. 10 EN not working Fixed things there, re-check
- Looks good now, new test above

-Adrenaline rush perk working correctly, although does not show change to DR, In character sheet. When you drop below half of HP. Should be fixed along with timeout fixes -Yes

-Dialogue error in Livewire Perk description. "In" shouldn't be capitalized (should be "in" )
-Even more critical perk is available, without having had more criticals perk beforehand. According to Solar, this is not a bug

-Even tougher perk available , without having previous toughness selected. According to Solar, this is not a bug

- Such perks as Dodger+, Healer+ or Lifegiver 2 appears in the menu without taking of first perk of series. It should only appear one after another. It could be abused this way - anybody could take just the Lifegiver 2, gain +40 HP and don't take first Lifegiver, which gives +20 HP. According to Solar, this is not a bug. The '+' perks have higher level requirements than their counterparts, so you can only choose between better/worse versions of some perks

-'In your face!' perk, working great when having melee in active slot, But if you have gun in offhand slot , effect is nullified( I assume this is intended , to prevent exploitation by gun user?). Perk also NOT working, with empty hand slot[no weapon equipped to either] Fixed (?), re-check Looks good now.

-Livewire Perk AC bonus only applies to body, and not head. Fixed, re-check

-HtH evade Perk AC bonus only applies to body, and not head. Also shows on inventory screen, and character sheet upon selection Fixed, re-check

-Dead man walking BROKEN - cannot be killed by npc, when they are using unarmed/ HtH attacks. otherwise , working fine. Fixed, recheck after update

-Medic - working Good
-Healer - working Good
-Healer+ - working Good
-Blessed are the weak(should be in support perks) - working Good
Bonus HtH damage- working Good

-Ghost perk really works , if your 5 hexes near a wall or other obstacles you gain nice amount of passive sneak skill , as soon as your further than 5 hexes no bonus is applied. Tested against a 10 PE char. Good, and check again with Magic Debug Tool
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:15:51 am by Gorlak »

pti4ka

• SoT
Re: Perk/Trait testing and feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 06:50:51 am »

Maybe that's not needed in this tread but the first impression in char LVLing is the less perk number...

Need more different perks for create some buid-difference...

Is it imply that need 100/+150 small/bigggun for crit percs but it is not work for energy skill ?
-It is that way now, yes.. Fix is being made on these perks to include Energy weapon
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:41:17 am by Gorlak »
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 05:11:33 pm »

Lifegiver ranks should give the opposite amount of HP as it is now , not 20 ; 30 ; 40 but 40 ; 30 ; 20 , the more ranks you get the less effective they are , i think that would be more balanced. Feedback :)

Iron Grip                   12      Str 8   En Roll to ignore Arm Cripple, En-5 roll to ignore Weapon Drop
Tree Trunk Thighs       6        En 6    En-5 Roll to ignore Leg Cripples
-I think these should be merged , we already have not much space to all the available perks and since stonewall beats both of these perks individually by usefulness , i am highly unsure if they will be picked and considered worthy.
     -These are the way they are to create variety in builds, not to make hundred of same running around.
True , but cripplers aren't so effective anymore , but hey wipe comes then we will see what perks people will use , i'm worried that they will be forgotten or considered not worth to take. I will always pick stonewall and you know why ? You can pick up the dropped weapon and doc your crippled leg or arm , but you can't pick up or doc a knock out or knock down , witch are the most deadliest in pvp + there is hardly space for the stonewall as builds goes now.

about
stonewall
Tree Trunk Thighs
Iron Grip

What would really help with build variety and balance is the option to take stonewall in level 6 and Tree Trunk Thighs , Iron Grip in level 3 , if you don't want to drop these level caps , then make bonus ranged damage available at level 6. The level requirements are weird every big gunner kinda looks the same , the only difference is between how much lifegiver , bonus ranged damage or toughness the build has because how the requirements are. Actually big gunners are forced to take toughness on level 6 , level 3 is no sugar too you take adrenaline rush or weapon handling rest is shit.

That would make taking first lifegiver a neccessity (like we got now, taking it on lvl 12), while offering weak bonus if you want to specialize.
30/30/30 would be the way to go if you ask me.
You can take even more criticals on 6, and quick recovery/more criticals on 3.

The thing is now 2 lifegivers are mandatory and that's worse , weak bonus makes sense you can specialize with lifegivers but you won't get as much benefit from those extra LG and because of that other perks will seem more appealing , i see that as some variety and balance , if someone fucking cares about that anymore ....

Since luck now is a dump stat , armors decrease critical chance of opponent and you must have a perk to overcome it , more critical is fucking useless unless you are a sniper build. Quick recovery ? Toughness is better , there are no second thoughts about it and has never been.

Critical hits perks should have some LK requirement, even small one.
BRD would be better to be 2/2/2 instead of 2/2/3. Its already insane damage.

agree

-Ghost perk really works , if your 5 hexes near a wall or other obstacles you gain nice amount of passive sneak skill , as soon as your further than 5 hexes no bonus is applied. Tested against a 10 PE char. Good, and check again with Magic Debug Tool

I did it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:12:40 am by T-888 »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 04:52:59 pm »

Such perks as Dodger+, Healer+ or Lifegiver 2 appears in the menu without taking of first perk of series. It should only appear one after another. It could be abused this way - anybody could take just the Lifegiver 2, gain +40 HP and don't take first Lifegiver, which gives +20 HP.
The difference is in requirements but I agree, that the + and even/more versions are far more superior thatn they should be

-Man of Steel    15      En 8    Gives -10 on the critical table to hits targetting you
Buff it to +20-25 so it balances out with better criticals and gives some actual advantage against other crit perks that increase critical table damage , otherwise not worth to take it.
I dont agree, if you want to buff, I wouldnt go over -15

Bonus HtH attacks Requiring 225% in unarmed or melee is absurd requirements..... These skills are maxed out at 160% , even for character with 1 PE. 125% is much more reasonable number- Bob
Same goes for BROF. Still, 125% is ridiculously low. Id go for 150% plus SPECIAL requirement (10 agi, 8 pe ?)

Lifegiver ranks should give the opposite amount of HP as it is now , not 20 ; 30 ; 40 but 40 ; 30 ; 20 , the more ranks you get the less effective they are , i think that would be more balanced.
That would make taking first lifegiver a neccessity (like we got now, taking it on lvl 12), while offering weak bonus if you want to specialize.
30/30/30 would be the way to go if you ask me.

Actually big gunners are forced to take toughness on level 6 , level 3 is no sugar too you take adrenaline rush or weapon handling rest is shit.
You can take even more criticals on 6, and quick recovery/more criticals on 3.

Concerning Iron Grip, its a good perk, but has rough requirements. On the other hand, Tree Trunk Thighs is pretty weak, Id make it a lvl 3 perk.

Critical hits perks should have some LK requirement, even small one.
BRD would be better to be 2/2/2 instead of 2/2/3. Its already insane damage.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 06:17:21 am by Gorlak »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 09:09:39 pm »

Wait so lifegiver is now 20/30/40? Feels kinda useless to take just one rank if you ask me. But not mandatory either. Looks like sweet spot, where you will take lifegiver only if you really need to last longer at cost of other perks.

By the way, bonus range damage is still static number?
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 12:16:27 pm »

I think we could probably drop the bonus attacks to 175%

Iron Grip to Str 7 (a little less harsh as its what BGers would need if not using WH)

Tree Trunk Thighs can go to En roll to ignore leg crits (I'm hoping leg crits are used more with an increased use of AC-running chars)

The crit chance can be made to rely more on luck if it does become a dump stat

Lifegiver is 20/30/40, I just messed up the description

BRD may well go too high with 2/2/3, but we shall see - I'd still prefer to stop AP ammo to reduce DT less if it needs a fix (Also, avenger isn't 40 shots any more, so the max potential is reduced)

Man of Steel - Lets see how it stacks with armours reducing the roll before changing.

I anticipate lots of changes being needed after the wipe as I've just made these up, testing is bound to reveal where my guesses at balance were totally wrong :)

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 01:11:27 pm »

I think we could probably drop the bonus attacks to 175%

Iron Grip to Str 7 (a little less harsh as its what BGers would need if not using WH)

In fact the regular powerbuild have 6ST, because full drug set add +1ST

Tree Trunk Thighs can go to En roll to ignore leg crits (I'm hoping leg crits are used more with an increased use of AC-running chars)

As long the crit chance bonus for legs will be so small, I fear nobody will shot at it. Raise it at least at arm level.

The crit chance can be made to rely more on luck if it does become a dump stat

Indeed, it would then become interesting to raise it.

Lifegiver is 20/30/40, I just messed up the description

What you mean? If it's 20/30/40, I think description is right.

(Also, avenger isn't 40 shots any more, so the max potential is reduced)

How much now?

Man of Steel - Lets see how it stacks with armours reducing the roll before changing.

Point.

Note: Better Critical still not available for energy.
Quick recovery don't seem to work.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:26:52 pm by Crazy »
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 07:52:06 pm »

If im not wrong AV mini shots 30 bullets now.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 08:29:41 pm »

In fact the regular powerbuild have 6ST, because full drug set add +1ST

Aye, 7 Str to encourage them not to take any shortcuts ;)

As long the crit chance bonus for legs will be so small, I fear nobody will shot at it. Raise it at least at arm level.

At the moment I doubt many people are using leg shots, so lets wait and see if they're used this time.

What you mean? If it's 20/30/40, I think description is right.

Thought this thread said description was wrong, nm then.

How much now?

30, yup
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 04:15:01 pm »

Sharpshooter doesn't work it really doesn't increase your sight range , and i didn't look at the broken fov contours , well they are broken anyway.

DocAN.

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 09:44:54 pm »

Dismantler PERK dosnt work:
Made Dismantler alt: 10LK 176 sience + dismantler perk, and disassembled 2 metal armors mk2 in a row without any items obtained.
10 MAmk2 armors sienced and no items spawned
sienced 7BA and get: 4 HQ alloys, 3 Fibers, 1 Junk, 2 Alloys, 2HQ MP
5CA mk2 sienced and this is what i get: 1xCA, 1HQ Alloy, 1HQ MP
10LSW sienced: 4xHQ Alloys, 9 Alloys, 12Junk, 3 Wood, 1HQ MP, 2 MP
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 06:31:45 am »

did not get the option to select perk Treasure hunter with 200% Lock pick (am yet to find random locked containers also)

Maybe educated should work retroactively- or, like life giver and give 48 skillpoints. Seems counter intuitive to have educator work by level when there is a level cap (same reason life giver was changed)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 06:02:00 am by jangling »
DrWorm

DocAN.

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 10:33:00 pm »

Its support perk, and i have it on my Lockpicker.
About containers, havnt found any in encounters too, but there is some in quest location.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 01:14:53 pm »

You can't directly take upper rank of livegiver, even on higher levels, you have to take them in the order. I think it's either a bug (you can take directly even more crit or even tougher, and it's intended), or a bad idea.
Better crit, more crit, even more crit, brof still don't work with energy.
What is the exact effect of bonehead?

Edit: just thought, throwing should give access to brof/crit perks, and energy should allow BRD too.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:40:13 pm by Crazy »
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 25 queries.