"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 09:56:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Just starting out  (Read 644 times)

Rittz

• Troll's need to get a job.
Just starting out
« on: November 10, 2011, 07:41:39 am »

HEy hey! I'm totally stoked i found an online fallout. Hugeee fallout fan. Although as i started off i realized that guards don't seem to care if people steal yo junk! ANy way around this besides just holding yourmost important items in your hands? Also if any gangs out there are looking or members hit me up :D

Rittz

Re: Just starting out
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 07:55:39 am »

also i am trying to make an armor crafting character and i heard you gotta go to city ruins like around san fransisco and the boneyard but like i get there and i just don't see anything that i can pick up so how am i supposed to get this junk?

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 08:31:39 am »

Welcome to wasteland ;)

Yeah sadly guards dont react, as long as a thief manages to steal sucessful. IF the thief fails, you will get a red
message in textbox, saying someone tried to steal from you. Also NPC guards may shout something like
"Hey someone tried to rob you!" In that case, the thief becomes unguarded, and you can shoot him
even in guarded cities such as NCR.

If you look for materials, dont look in the city itself. You have to go on the worldmap, and check for areas
with ruins on it. Like the whole area around Gunrunners and Adytum. Now place yourself on such a former
urban area, and just click the worldmap to enter a random map location. There you will find in most cases
junk, and also wood.

Also, check out the fonline wiki, especially the part "getting started".
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Main_Page

Rittz

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 09:42:59 am »

thanks! yeah i read it and the wiki page one lol. Its just the differences between this and regular fallout that get me hahahah and man is this game unforgiving when you start out but thats half the fun :D Thanks though
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 23 queries.