"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 11:24:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wishing for a little heads up on what/how/when to expect about the ... Wipe  (Read 2583 times)

Gaizk

• -40 5mm +1 Frag

Well, its been over 7 months since I stopped playing, and Id like to say I enjoyed playing FO enough to look forward for updates-patches and of course, the wipe

Periodically I come here to browse about what has been on and whats the future of the game and so forth, and at times I do get to grab a few scraps of info here and there (I chukled when I heard cooldowns were mostly out)

After reading a few more updates I realized it might be much easier for some of us to follow  whats has been on (and even comment) if we could get some sort of log on how the update process is coming up. I used to read these changelogs alot to get up to date, but now I can hardly make up on whats the general opinion of things, and quite frankly im just interested on a wipe to start a clean slate, instead we are being kept in the dark mostly, with some random posts from devs addressing ideas or issues in obscure manners

So going straight to the point... Can we get a nice little sticky post of random scraps of trusty info on hows the update process going? the blog itself is also hardly used, and IMHO It usually contains hefty amount of info thats not so relevant or easy to read.

Thanks in advance

Oh and before we get to the ¨we got lives to be sparing such time blah blah blah¨. Its perfectly reasonable if you want to keep leaked, confidential or otherwise unimportant info out in the open, but giving us some heads up on how things are going is very so worth your time and effort, and so is worth our effort reading you
I think it's much better now. It's strange to see how everyone is a millionare in a wasteland..

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer

Dream on. If they wanted to do it they would've done it long time ago.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile

It should already happen, if it come.
Or then it happens on next year xD

Yeah, I'd like to see this happen.

but somehow I doubt it will.

Well lets hope it will come some day.
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

Gaizk

• -40 5mm +1 Frag

Dream on. If they wanted to do it they would've done it long time ago.

I know, but sometimes all it just takes is a little push
I think it's much better now. It's strange to see how everyone is a millionare in a wasteland..

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.

Well, to be honest, not much has happened after 7 months and i was only here for 4-5 months, but to say this, we don't know when it comes for sure, I here the same thing every time I play "The wipe is coming!" and frankly I know they're lies, so the evidence is, no new updates and no new information about it. Just to let you know...

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Everyone want wipe. I dunno, is it difficult to delete the worldsaves? The game will become more intresting and lots of people will return to the server. I hope the wipe will be not SOON, but in few days, or, at least, month.

Everyone want wipe.

Nope. Everyone just want update and people who are not playing are waiting for new content not just to loose all their hoarded stuff.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!

Not completely true, some people want both update and wipe :d.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Fizzle

• *Inactive* - Working on a Project.
    • Fizzle's  dreamland of  exploding teddies.
Re: Wishing for a little heads up on what/how/when to expect about the ... Wipe
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 04:18:58 pm »

Patience is a Virtue.
For those about to die I salute you with Honor and Respect.
If your going through Hell keep on going, no shit i dont wanna be luciphers bitch.
*Accused for tent raping when inactive* - Great.
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 04:24:48 pm »

Thats mainly because certain changes would render some current system useless. Like the you can have more then one base under same name. Or the changes with follower system... etc.
Therefore people want a wipe so they can have the major updates implemented.
On the other hand there are a few individual like me who are happy with current things and don't really care if wipe comes later (It doesn't mean I don't like the changes that will be coming it just means I'm ok with the game as it is).
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 08:09:00 pm »

I cant speak for anyone but myself so I wont try.
I personally wouldnt mind if the server was wiped now just to give us something to do.
Boredom is as much a reason for threads like this as impatience but I can wait for the next update.
If any of you are so desperate for new content you can go check out another server for a while.
I'm sure tla and requiem are just waiting for pointless threads to delete on their forums.
You want to know why dev's dont answer you? Hit the search button and type wipe in search window.
I'm glad they dont waste time with this crap anymore because it means they're busy doing what needs to be done for the next phase of 2238 to begin.

Gaizk

• -40 5mm +1 Frag
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 05:33:28 pm »

I cant speak for anyone but myself so I wont try.

In glad you posted this earlier than anything else.

So they are too busy on working on whats important? You dont know a thing or 2 about building a fan base apparently...
Niche, obscure and cult games arent about the next best thing (You got CoD just for that) They are about slowly building upon something but most importantly, interacting with the people that work as your lifeblood...

2238 is the side pet little project of a certain number of people, but that project would be where it is if it werent for the people that play on it. There is no point in building a game if no one is going to play it huh? I dont mean everyone will stop playing it, however its common sense to be a little responsible with the people that put their effort on playing your project, they deserve that much

And just to let you know how thick was that last comment of yours. I didnt ask for a wipe, neither asked for content, just that if any content gets across, having a little reference to catch on would be a big boon, think of it as doing a small favor to the part of the community that sticks with you for a long long time

avv

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 06:14:17 pm »

So they are too busy on working on whats important? You dont know a thing or 2 about building a fan base apparently...

They do but looks like you're not in it.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.