"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 21, 2024, 09:55:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What's the formula for throwing range?  (Read 1319 times)

What's the formula for throwing range?
« on: February 15, 2010, 06:24:25 am »

How much str do you need to get 15 hex grenade range? I followed the f2 rules for it and made a char with 3 str, my max range is 9 for grenades. "Range is calculated as 3 * ST. Since grenades have a maximum range of 15, this perk is useless unless your strength is 3 or less."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 06:26:02 am by Roachor »

Re: What's the formula for throwing range?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 12:57:43 pm »

How much str do you need to get 15 hex grenade range? I followed the f2 rules for it and made a char with 3 str, my max range is 9 for grenades. "Range is calculated as 3 * ST. Since grenades have a maximum range of 15, this perk is useless unless your strength is 3 or less."

Yea, you'll never get over of max range of throwing weapon, so "Heave Ho!" perk is need only for a weak characters. But what about spears? Same formula? A spear has not so low weight...
Btw "Heave Ho!" has 3 ranks, so you can throw grenades at max. distance with 1 STR and 2 ranks of this perk!
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 02:15:37 pm »

be aware with 1 str you might colapse under your own weight...
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 06:15:39 pm »

Yea, you'll never get over of max range of throwing weapon, so "Heave Ho!" perk is need only for a weak characters. But what about spears? Same formula? A spear has not so low weight...
Btw "Heave Ho!" has 3 ranks, so you can throw grenades at max. distance with 1 STR and 2 ranks of this perk!

technically heave ho only does anything if you have 1 str and 1 rank of it, since 3 str = 15 range. I have 1 pe maybe this also plays a part in range.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 06:19:33 pm »

it only matters who you can see in perception, the green thing is constant as the furthest point that you can see no matter if your back is turned to the enemy is what i've noticed.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.