"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 01:51:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FFA event  (Read 2192 times)

FFA event
« on: October 11, 2011, 10:59:04 pm »

So today a pvp event was held in the server , supposed to be a FFA - free for all death match.

For all who missed the event , the gathering was as usual at vault 15. This event took hold in a changed ncr , we were spawned at the main entrance killed then revived and released , after that we all went to ncr inner city and were kinda blocked in i guess. So there were npc armorers , drugs , many spawn points etc. etc. basicly everything you need for killing stuff this time players and the place turned into a some kind of arena.

This is a summary without any criticism , all do respect i know gm's spend their own free time in making these events , nobody pays you or forces you to make these events , but is it so hard to make the event later and plan it out a bit more so the event would be more enjoyable , like who wouldn't agree with me ?

I don't want to argue with gm's , i just want them to take notice of what i have to say.

Drugs , drugs , drugs this is the third event i have been to in a row and of course in all of them there weren't any psycho , jet , buffout so players wait till gm spawn one shelf with shitloads of drugs then realizes one shelf is not enough for one spawn point and then spawn an enormous amount of jet , psycho , buffout randomly all over the map that decreases the fps even more and the lag takes place. Just make the damn shelves in all spawn points before the event :-\

Talking about lag , the map was too small for such amount of players and all that gear stacks up so much that i decreased my resolution to 640x480 to be able to fight in one moment , then it was just not possible fps decreases to 5 and below.

Can't you make some untargetable , invisible , indestructible npc's with unlimited carry weight that just see all the map and loots every piece of equipment they find or i don't know any kind of solution.

About spawn points , i think players should be respawned in the other side of the city where they take gear and then randomly spawned into the arena , otherwise what FFA event is this , if players are forced to make teams only because they have been spawned in one respawn point otherwise i have to shoot everyone with who i spawn but then again shooting people at respawn can get me jailed ? This led the whole event from FFA to some butter :)

Don't get me wrong i don't criticize without any reason , i'm sure everyone would like to see the next event much more enjoyable and i hate that i'm the one pointing out the flaws , then again someone has to or nobody cares or shouldn't ?

btw i'm sure everyone would be happy if someone would provide more screenshots :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:05:47 am by T-888 »

Xarr

• Former Troll
Re: FFA event
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 11:50:27 pm »

Nexxos is the Only one who does Push-Ups.  ;D Damn, this Much Bluesuits must be a True orgasm for the Bluesuit-Hunting People which got No life.
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

Gazzz

• Fear the Fire
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 11:53:19 pm »

Agree. Also it would be awesome to make smth like a "kill's counter"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:44:41 am by Gazzz »
Lux aeterna
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 12:43:01 am »

I would appreciate to create sometimes pvp event on two sides or three sides (red, green, yellow) between players, with repaired NC of course.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:08:38 am by -Fojtik- »
- The Hawks -
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 12:54:30 am »

I wasn`t on the event but I up to t-888 words. That can be shown on hinkley for example when there`s much stuff at the arena fps drastically decreases.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 07:07:20 am »

I recorded this event and I am making video about it soon as possible.
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 08:54:27 am »

If Nexxos wanted feedbacks he'd have created a topic in "Events" subforum.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 10:45:33 am »

I recorded this event and I am making video about it soon as possible.

Nice :)

If Nexxos wanted feedbacks he'd have created a topic in "Events" subforum.

If the community would have some nice , good pvp event once in a while , most probably nobody would give feedback , when the last time a pvp event was held ? I mean a playable one ?  :-\

Like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzS1O9XcSTQ

When fettel gives a video and if he does , well we will all compare.

btw if he really didn't want to hear feedback , he would just ask for a moderator to replace this topic into junk and i wouldn't be surprised a bit. :)

I would appreciate to create sometimes pvp event on two sides or three sides (red, green, yellow) between players, with repaired NC of course.

Well this is supposed to be a FFA , not TDM , i would like to see an appropriate FFA event.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:54:13 am by T-888 »

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 11:12:35 am »

One thing which I do have to apologize though, is that I got disconnected during the event and couldn't do anything until now, damn internet providers!

So do I, so far I am quite powerless on that matter. (I do have something planned already, needs some testing though, some small scale map.)

About spawn points , i think players should be respawned in the other side of the city where they take gear and then randomly spawned into the arena , otherwise what FFA event is this , if players are forced to make teams only because they have been spawned in one respawn point otherwise i have to shoot everyone with who i spawn but then again shooting people at respawn can get me jailed ? This led the whole event from FFA to some butter :)

Too much hassle for GMs to do it manually, and something like that only now exists in hinkley, and cannot be reproduced by GMs, so yet again, I cannot do anything for that matter.

Can't you make some untargetable , invisible , indestructible npc's with unlimited carry weight that just see all the map and loots every piece of equipment they find or i don't know any kind of solution.

Indestructible, yes, unlimited carry weight, yes, invisible, of course not, untargetable, no. Most of the things what you seek have to be done through dev scripting, and not by GM means. And technically, I could do the item-picking part, but that's way too much hassle. :)
(and most of my time in event goes to supervising the event anyways)

I personally prefer making small-scale TDM matches (and I do have a some kind of a playground for it, already), but the problem in them is the limitation of players, It's not good to make a server message about event, which is for 10-20 players, it will get full very fast, and I'll get requesthelps about "gm teleport me to event please" lots of time after the event has started.

The problem in FFA events isn't fully by GMs, its major problem is the players and how they really can't play _FFA_, instead of that, they team up (and do stuff which wasn't meant to be done, AKA killing in respawns).

Don't get me wrong i don't criticize without any reason , i'm sure everyone would like to see the next event much more enjoyable and i hate that i'm the one pointing out the flaws , then again someone has to or nobody cares or shouldn't ?

Well this is supposed to be a FFA , not TDM , i would like to see an appropriate FFA event.

You can help me making a next FFA event if you like, I don't mind extra help :)
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 11:51:09 am »

So do I, so far I am quite powerless on that matter. (I do have something planned already, needs some testing though, some small scale map.)

Well then you know where to find players for testing :)

Too much hassle for GMs to do it manually, and something like that only now exists in hinkley, and cannot be reproduced by GMs, so yet again, I cannot do anything for that matter.

I know i'm not a gm and it's hard to imagine all the possibilities and limitations the gm has to face. Hmmm , so you can make an npc that teleports you to ncr and you can't make an npc that teleports you to the other side of of the map or to another part of the map like in reno ? Then just make the players die in arena , spawn in a different map where is an npc that teleports you straight into arena :) If i'm gonna be wrong again won't bother you again ::)

Indestructible, yes, unlimited carry weight, yes, invisible, of course not, untargetable, no. Most of the things what you seek have to be done through dev scripting, and not by GM means. And technically, I could do the item-picking part, but that's way too much hassle. :)
(and most of my time in event goes to supervising the event anyways)

So hmm , invisible as in maxed out sneak interesting gm's can make themselves invisible and can't do it with npc's , different scripts or something ? Ehh nvm , i think nobody would mind bunch of npc's walking around and looting all , imagine the npcs as live cover from bursts ;D , at least so that the map is playable and the event can go on longer.

You can help me making a next FFA event if you like, I don't mind extra help :)

I wouldn't mind to help , since i have too much free time.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:02:52 pm by T-888 »

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 12:03:40 pm »

I know i'm not a gm and it's hard to imagine all the possibilities and limitations the gm has to face. Hmmm , so you can make an npc that teleports you to ncr and you can't make an npc that teleports you to the other side of of the map ? Then just make the players die in arena , spawn in a different map where is an npc that teleports you straight into arena :) If i'm gonna be wrong again won't bother you again ::)

So hmm , invisible as in maxed out sneak interesting gm's can make themselves invisible and can't do it with npc's , different scripts or something ? Ehh nvm , i think nobody would mind bunch of npc's walking around and looting all , imagine the npcs as live cover from bursts ;D , at least so that the map is playable and the event can go on longer.

You know, there is quite a bit of a difference between devs and Game Masters, but I can say you one thing which is rather related to both. I cannot _create_ new various stuff, I can only make stuff which already has its use, reproducing is what I do, that's why you often see the same outfitters, the same pre-existant maps and the same boring barrels.

Ehh nvm , i think nobody would mind bunch of npc's walking around and looting all , imagine the npcs as live cover from bursts

Say that to the cleaner-hubologists who aggro blindly after getting any kind of damage, and bashing someone to death, then they continue looting. Most of the time when they are in action, 50% of them are killing players, others looting.
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 12:13:11 pm »

You know, there is quite a bit of a difference between devs and Game Masters, but I can say you one thing which is rather related to both. I cannot _create_ new various stuff, I can only make stuff which already has its use, reproducing is what I do, that's why you often see the same outfitters, the same pre-existant maps and the same boring barrels.

Mhm so you reproduce and cannot change the existing values the npc can do ? For example if there is an npc that teleports you to ncr , you can't change for it to teleport you to let's say reno second street or that would count as _creating_ new stuff ?

Say that to the cleaner-hubologists who aggro blindly after getting any kind of damage, and bashing someone to death, then they continue looting. Most of the time when they are in action, 50% of them are killing players, others looting.

You just made my day ;D i realized how funny this game can be :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:15:13 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 02:43:27 pm »

Not only that these events don't occur often, even when there is some and you don't make it (for example yesterday I didn't see any message, nobody told me and suddenly on mumble I hear people talking about being on the event) you can only say bye bye to that event. I don't know, is it really such a problem to announce it like one day before any event starts?
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 04:18:31 pm »

Lags hard enough with just the people who happen to hear about it, would be even less playable if they gave advance notice.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 07:23:53 pm »

It would be good if there was possibility to enter the map anytime, like alternative to Hinkley.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.