"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 15, 2024, 11:01:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mapper problem/question...  (Read 1504 times)

Mapper problem/question...
« on: September 30, 2011, 05:27:31 am »

I recently downloaded the map maker and I am able to open it up. I have run across a problem though. In the manual it states;

We will see something like this. Now, select the «Tile» bookmark, and select some tiles. Press the left mouse button on the tile icon, then the right mouse button anywhere on the map field. Remember that it is possible to copy-paste tiles by standard Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V operations.

When I select the tile by pushing the left mouse button on the tile icon, then press the right mouse button on the map field, nothing happens and the mouse cursor disappears. How do I get the tile to appear on the map. The manual is vague in explaining this and I have tried but to no avail.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 03:05:00 pm by Graf »

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Mapper problem/question...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 02:10:15 pm »

You first need to start either a new map, or take an existing one that you can place tiles etc.
Best for starters is to open some desert encounter for example, remove all the sceneries there etc and try to practise a bit. Many have started with the simple "*e_desert1".
Re: Mapper problem/question...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 03:32:40 am »

Rather than make a new thread, I figured I'd piggyback on this one.

I have a functioning version of the mapper (1.25.24 seems to be the only one I can get to work on my setup without downloading the entire SDK) on a laptop running windows 7 at 1366x768 resolution.

My problem however, is that the bottom of my mapper extends below my taskbar, and the window seems to stretch to fill the complete vertical height of my screen (including taskbar space and the mapper-window topbar), regardless of resolution. The reason this is a problem and not just an inconvenience, is that the Southern Scroll zone of the mapper (not in-game scroll blocker, but the ability to scroll down in the actual mapper) is not accessible. a mouse-over, even with the taskbar hidden, still wont allow me to scroll south in the mapper. W, N, & E are fine, but trying to scroll south (even after scrolling north) just wont function. I suspect this may be resolvable in the mapper_default.ini

Any ideas?

EDIT: Resolved. Downloaded FOnline_v3_111011 and using newest version of mapper included
http://www.fonline.ru/files/FOnline_v3_111011.zip
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:04:57 am by Rosmy Sundr »
Main Menu: Shift -> Credits
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.