"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 17, 2024, 09:44:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Los Alamos Project (some kind of a BarterTown)  (Read 7549 times)

Los Alamos Project (some kind of a BarterTown)
« on: December 28, 2009, 11:55:11 am »

We want to show you our project, which might be interesting for many players.

We created a map, city called Los Alamos. Design was taken from movie Mad Max 3 where was a big arena to fight in the center of city. It will be possible to fight PvP or PvCreature. There are also shops that players traders can hire. They are safe, every shop have storage only for player who hire shop. Shops will have guards protection. We design a factory which is producing armors or guns or ammo for sale. Everything is to discuss with Devs. One of the biggest news is an Uranium Mine. We want to give a choice for players: buy uranium in BH or gather in mine. Of course it will be very difficult to gather it - mine will be very big with high radiation. Finally players will use RadX and Rad Away. That makes doctor profession more important than now. We also suggest new profession - miner. Person with very high strength and endurance, skills melee weapons (hammer) and outdoorsman. For example person with 3lvl miner profession can gather 50%-75% more than other players. The last thing that I want to say are quests. We are writing 3 - 4 quests for this city but everything depends on Devs and their agree to this project.

We hope that you will like it :)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 11:57:42 am by Raien »
"War is nothing more than the continuation of politics by other means.”
Carl von Clausewitz
Re: Los Alamos Project (some kind of a BarterTown)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 11:58:19 am »

It'll be nice to own a shop, fill it with your stuff and wait for cash 8)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 12:33:59 pm »

Drakonis Put hands in this project?  ;D
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:38:56 pm »

Drakonis is not a member of our faction. This wasn't his idea and please do not associate his policy and his projects with us.
Carl von Clausewitz

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 12:42:25 pm »

Woaw, congrats, that's really good !!!
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 12:54:25 pm »

I'd like to see this implemented, as buying uranium and any other ressource for crafting from npcs is a poor game mechanic. And mining under radiation would help not to overflow the market with said uranium.

TuX

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 12:56:50 pm »

IMHO that would be a great alternative for NCR or VC. A safe town created only for the purpose od RP and player to player relationships. Besides it would be a great spot for some kinds of events like Valentines (fights on the ring, the winner gets some xp and a kiss from a lovely model). It has potential.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 01:45:02 pm »

Beiing able to own or run a shop is an excellent idea to stimulate trade. being able to offer a variety of goods for sale that are avaliable to players 24/7 through a 'shopkeep' npc or similar mechanic would be great, even if the town itself wasen't taken on some sort marketplace in northern ncr would be sufficent/
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 07:53:43 pm »

Oh great idea! I think that it can be better for role playing in game. Barter player witch player is what we need!

Arminius

• Rat Shaman
    • arminius1453's Channel
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 09:56:45 pm »

This is a good idea, and I'd rather it were on another location to force people a bit out of NCR. Way I see it, the game's population is too concentrated in NCR, and other cities end up as ghost towns. Though this just creates another focal point, if it stays outside of NCR perhaps it forces people to other places. If strategically placed around California, it could spread the game population to other cities, like say, making it in the middle of the map, so Redding, New Reno and maybe Navarro would become stop over points.

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 10:09:56 pm »

Very creative, I like it. Though it looks more like something out of Fallout: Tactics than Fallout 1 and 2.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

BurntAluminum

• The Intelligence Quotient
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 12:10:55 am »

I agree, it does look a bit like fallout tactics, but I don't think that's a bad thing, as the mapping in fallout tactics was fairly interesting, though it wasn't very cannon(I believe it held more cannon than Fallout 3 actually, what with Jet not being even heard of on the east coast, there's no way the Mordino's could do that) I enjoyed it. The main thing would be the way the town is closed off, however junktown is also closed off, but in this fashion it shares resemblance to fallout tactics, as well as the multi story watchtowers at the entrance. However I do see how this town resembles Mad-Max, as most notable area's in mad max are very secluded and in towns like this, they seem to almost always have a watchtower, or some equivalent.

I love the map, and would be more than happy to see it implemented, as it holds a lot of interesting idea's to expand gameplay, seeing how guarded the city is, perhaps getting inside would require a simple quest to prove you are trustworthy?
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 12:35:21 am »

I see that most people would like to see this city in game. We are very happy but I forgot to say that this is map was made by Dangerzone :)

Anyway, I send project (map, screenshots & full description) to Devs and the results are that only Izual and Wipe answered me. I still have no info from Scypior and Lexx. Maybe they have a lot of work but I'm patient :)
Carl von Clausewitz
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 12:49:52 am »

I vote for it :)
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

Florek

• Bang Bang Smash
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 12:57:14 am »

I vote for it :)
+1

It's nice to place this location near NCR. :P
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 19 queries.