"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:10:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Absurd luck much?  (Read 1908 times)

Absurd luck much?
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:31:33 pm »

So I'd parked my buggy west of San Fran while I went shopping. Came back with 16k worth of stuff on me, walked to the yellow buggy spot, clicked to enter and BAM, encounter, dies, loss of stuff. I thought "fuck this" and stopped playing for about a month.

Now I came back thinking that I could walk back to the Hub to get my spare key, back again to get my buggy and spend my remaining 17k to buy what I lost previously. Surely I wouldnt encounter the same fucking encounter on my buggyspot again? This one time after a whole frikkin month?
Well, after walking back to the spot all this way, it did the same thing, entered spot, encounter, dead, no more key, no more buggy.

I think this time, no more of this game also, for good.
Which is a damn shame, over something this stupid...

If any kind souls out there are willing to help me out I'll gladly stay.
Otherwise, asta la vista!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 09:42:21 pm by DirkDigger »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Absurd luck much?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 09:40:50 pm »

Bad luck.. very bad luck.
But about you attitude stop playing this game. You got power to stop playing this game before it melts you brains and you become zombie fonliner.

:D
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 09:47:48 pm »

Errm, no because Im human?
My (temporary) rage is perfectly normal and legitimate for this, you even said yourself it's very bad luck.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 09:50:38 pm by DirkDigger »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 09:49:55 pm »

..you're more likely to fuel the fire.
One of my jobs on 2238 community :)
But i just said that, because there is peoples that cannot stop playing this game even they want (Good example. Me)
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 09:54:53 pm »

One of my jobs on 2238 community :)
But i just said that, because there is peoples that cannot stop playing this game even they want (Good example. Me)

Then we're in the same boat. I dont want to leave this game.

But stuff happening above practically forces me out from it.

And it's entirely my fault and my attitude I suppose, sure...

twat ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:12:13 pm by DirkDigger »
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 11:02:06 am »

Are you sure it's an 'encounter'? Perhaps someone just found your car and left a merc there to shoot anyone, in case of the return of the owner (you).
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 11:33:07 am »

From your description, im pretty sure it wasn't an encounter. Looks like someone found your car and left the mercs there to kill u, so he can come back later and loot ur stuff. Now this is not bad luck, just average :D

My tips:
1. Never leave car on a dense traffic site. In example, if u going to san francisco, leave a car somewhere further away from the city, and somewhere where u dont think anyone will pass through. Works for me every time. PLUS, every time i left a car near city, i lost it, so its not just you.
2. The game is tough, prolly the hardest game i ever played, so it takes time and will to become good, and earn real exp., not the in-game leveling exp. With time u will know all the shit to get u to survive. Like, when i started, i got killed many times like u. Now, I made a new character and got it to level 21 in less then 2 days, dying only once (mercs, same situation). Its not fallout 2, where u tag bg, sg and ew and kick ass :D takes skill and time.

Your choice, but do keep playing, or wait for the wipe which will be soon (i hope).
PM me if u need in game help, or anything.

cheers

Big gun kicked the hell out of you!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 12:49:06 pm »

Here is what most probably happened to you. Honestly, happened to me once aswell^^

You entered the map with your car to park it, and exited the map quick (as you should do).
But it seems you missed that while entering the map with car, you encountered critters.
What you should do then is get quick into car again, and enter another parking lot.
Always check the message box when parking, if you read critter names, click fast on the car again.

I had this very same accident near SF. Parked car, ran out of map. Thought everything was fine. I trade
in SF and come back to car, to meet a pack of NPCs almost killing me. It seemed when i parked my
car, these NPCS were too far away from me to see or attack me, but when i spawned
again there, they saw an attacked me. My solution, i grabbed 2 friends and killed the NPCs inside,
and got my car back.

And now heads up, shit happens to all of us ;) Maybe next time, you create a tent near SF to have a save
parking lot. Or take some buddies with you as guards.
Artificial Intelligence and Inventor of mighty Plasma Gun.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 02:45:36 pm »

Errm, no because Im human?
My (temporary) rage is perfectly normal and legitimate for this, you even said yourself it's very bad luck.

good, good.

yoo need play well and dont carry to much stuff, unless u want to be stuff master, and stuff slave in same time  :D

Let the Force be with You.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 03:51:36 pm »

Bambi I really no understand a thing in your post and i love it.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 04:58:48 pm »

Yea errm, game's uninstalled and Im "that" close to being done with it after seeing your replies.

Appreciate the constructive answers, the merc reason sounds legit and that is probably what happened!
Nonetheless, without a car, Im even less willing to spend the time and risk everything again without support.
If Big Gun Thug or anyone else means to help me ingame, here's your chance, say the word and I'll install again.
Otherwise, see you after wipe maybe, or not.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:02:23 pm by DirkDigger »

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 06:21:54 pm »

Yeah I'm guessing that you're playing alone which makes mistakes like that suck a lot more than with a group. I really don't have the caps to give out cars and shit but if you see me in Redding I'll grab some friends and we can get your car back.
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 06:41:39 pm »

Im always willing to help newbies. Maybe if u told me what exactly u need help about?
I could probably provide u with some gear to start with. Tell me what skills u got taged and your build. PM
Big gun kicked the hell out of you!!!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 07:48:28 pm »

It was definitely mercs, reason being if you leave the encounter and re-enter the encounter is not hostile.

Mercs can be hostile indefinitely.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 09:59:58 pm »

lol some nub is mad! Umadbro?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.