"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:32:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: NewReno & San Fransisco Boxing matches  (Read 852 times)

NewReno & San Fransisco Boxing matches
« on: September 02, 2011, 11:17:36 pm »

Hi , may i Suggest that players could sign up for bouts with the dealer outside the ring? Suppose player 1 wants to go up against player 2 ,
both of them could report to the matchmaker outside the ring and talk to him , each stating their opponent's name for fight verification and their ante , using the "say" function. I supposed this could develop into a sort of mini championships where players could vie for the top positions , earning them the "titles" available in the game (etc The Chosen One) :)

What do you guys think?

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
Re: NewReno & San Fransisco Boxing matches
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 01:57:48 am »

I like that idea. Shame we dont have boxer skin... ;)
Maybe to earn titles players have to win against a particular NPC, or beat a player with that title (the loser loses it's title, and gains somethin' like "Faded Boxing Star" instead)?
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 03:20:47 am »

This has been done in the hub (in the maltese falcon basement) although it seems to have been eliminated and I'm not sure why.

The problem with the place was that it was usually dead as it was purely a PvP arena and it was somewhat hidden.

What it really needed was an some NPC fighters to keep it alive when only one player was down there. That way non-hth players could enter as spectators. If whatever reason it got pulled for gets resolved then I don't see why the same thing shouldn't get done in Reno or even the molerat ring in Redding.

One thing about doing this in Reno though; it should be a protected environment. Which ever family is backing these fights would want to protect their investment and would implement muscle within the building to keep people under control. It's only logical imo. Of course this wouldn't stop griefing.. but what does?

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 12:22:23 pm »

I got suggestion about New Reno boxing match, but it was maybe bit old..
Good that someone make new topic to help me remember :)
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 03:27:53 pm »

This suggestion faces few obstacles which renders it completely useless.

- low population and lot of griefers
I think in current population it would be very unused feture. In Reno boxers could be just pwned by avanger and in san fran there is more sucuide bursters than people wanting to participate in meaningles boxing.

- no player motivation
Why would i want to box with someone? Will i get share of entrance fee? Will there be any annual award => easily exploitable by prearanged matches. Will there be any beting system to lure spectators of fights?

- can be done without any implementation change
Players can, and imho have already held similar fights/championchips.

- PvE or PvP
althou pvp boxing is surely not an option now pve boxing might make interesting (repeatable) quest and lure more people to actualy live in city
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 27 queries.