"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:35:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unarmed/HtH New Perks  (Read 2767 times)

Unarmed/HtH New Perks
« on: September 02, 2011, 02:41:44 pm »

Hello everyone, I was thinking of a few perks for unarmed... Here they are.

Canabalism (Both melee and unarmed)
After Punching/Cutting open wounds you start to get used to blood, you even start to like it. Whenever you damage someone using melee weapons or unarmed you gain 50% of the damage you caused to your hp. (This Discludes spears and sledge hammers since they have a 2 hex range)

Or  Fighting people makes you happy, every punch you do you feel strong. After a While you learn to ignore pain as much when focusing on punching something. You gain 2% DR per punch for a short period of time after your last punch. Caps at something like 10%

Fists Of The Northen Tribes (unarmed)
Those stoopid tribals, Fear my gun! Is what you used to think until a drunken bar fight with a tribal. You Picked up a few tricks tho... Now there is a 25% - 50% chance when you punch you will do Double damage or two punches.

Edit Changed the name of a perk due to it not being 'Wastelandish'
Will add more soon. What do you think?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:53:34 pm by Overdose »
Re: Unarmed/HtH New Perks
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 07:55:45 pm »

Pretty awful IMO, to the first one, this isn't some gay fantasy realm with orcs elves etc, Why exactly would you gain hp for beating on someone?
To the second one, Oh look I did 100dmg crit but then that hit and now my enemy is dead 25% of those crit times...yea no.

I'm all for having unarmed builds be viable which hopefully is what will happen when the perks that were talked about being remade/created will do (for example an unarmed build with high as fuck dodging potential)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:42:48 pm »

I don't know about how many new HtH/Melee perks will coming out after next update, but what i heard from Devs ingame they said unarmed/melee will be better than now.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 02:40:05 am »

Pretty awful IMO, to the first one, this isn't some gay fantasy realm with orcs elves etc, Why exactly would you gain hp for beating on someone?
To the second one, Oh look I did 100dmg crit but then that hit and now my enemy is dead 25% of those crit times...yea no.

I'm all for having unarmed builds be viable which hopefully is what will happen when the perks that were talked about being remade/created will do (for example an unarmed build with high as fuck dodging potential)

How many times do you see unarmed do 100 damage crits? And also MMO fantasy? I thought of these perks based of others... Adrenaline Rush: +1 to ST when less than 50% HP, Silent Death: 2x damage to HtH attacks from behind and a few others, yes I know Vampires aren't in the wasteland, but maybe it could be something to do with radiation we have ghouls, Molerats, Super mutants from FEV, and many more think?
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 02:55:44 am »

That still does not answer the question if WHY would you ever gain hp for doing dmg to someone? Do you hit them, take a part of them, roast it up and then eat it? I think not. 100 dmg crits are really not that hard to do. The only difficulties lie in reaching the enemy and stopping them from exiting the map. I believe the reaching them before dying shall be semi fixed with upcoming dodging perks and stopping the enemy from exiting may be able to be fixed with 3d with a speed boost for high unarmed skill.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 06:58:18 am »

That still does not answer the question if WHY would you ever gain hp for doing dmg to someone? Do you hit them, take a part of them, roast it up and then eat it? I think not. 100 dmg crits are really not that hard to do. The only difficulties lie in reaching the enemy and stopping them from exiting the map. I believe the reaching them before dying shall be semi fixed with upcoming dodging perks and stopping the enemy from exiting may be able to be fixed with 3d with a speed boost for high unarmed skill.
What about Magnetic Personality, Why are you able to walk with one more person? Why do you Ignore size and facing modifiers when stealing when taking the Pickpocket perk? Why can you suddenly shoot faster with BROF?
It's a game, also you can use sneak to close the distance.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 10:07:18 am »

It`s not just a game, it`s RolePlaying game. It`s wasteland.
There is no vampires like this. I will understand making special "punch" with blood collection function wich will spmehow boost you regen when drunk... but it is highly abusable.

and what is that "chance to make DD"?
It`s better to make Bonus HtH damage as official description says: +x to damage rather than +x to max. damage.

Grzesiu

• High Five Critical miss.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 12:08:51 pm »

About dealing 100+dmg by hth, i think u never saw mega power fist in use. This shit is fucking deadly and fast.
Perks idea is most stupid thing ever :) Yea eat machines and people to get hp...
2nd perk, nah i dont think so better is give +15% crit from haymaker to unarmed weapons
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 09:00:48 pm »

I enjoy it when someone answers questions with more questions, truly I do.

Lets see, you become more personable with magnetic personality or you simply made another friend, something that can indeed happen in real life.
You have become much more skillful as a thief, something that again can happen in real life.
Ever shot a gun before? You get better when you practice of look BROF answered.

Mind answering my questions now and not just deflecting?

P.S.
Don't deflect about FONLINE not being RL, it's already known it has to skate between real life and enjoyment but your vampiric suggestion is just sad.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 02:45:12 am »

i suggest renaming vampiric bullshit to canibalism. And everywhen you kill anyone you will get free meat jerky from his corpse. xD
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 06:44:35 am »

Vampiric relatives could be changed to be an ok perk.

Say the extra health is only a temporary boost.

Each hp hit gives that much hp in your own but after 5 seconds it is slowly taken away.

example: 

Vampire guy with a knife is hit for 50 HP by bluesuit guy with smg.
bluesuit guy with smg is hit for 30 HP by vampire guy.
Vampire guy +30 HP.
"5 seconds later"
vampire guy loses 5 HP.
"3 seconds later"
vampire guy loses 5 hp.
"3 seconds later"
vampire guy loses 5 hp.
"3 seconds later"
vampire guy loses 5 hp.

Etc etc..... 

I suppose it could also add HP beyond max HP, and HP recieved normally will be first HP to be taken away, where as HP taken from victim only comes into play after all normal HP is exinguished.  By then unless  the "vampire" or "cannibal" gets more blood from the victim in such a way (only preventing the inevitable) or gains more normal HP (stimpaks, first aid, etc) he is dead but walking.  This also can have same mechanic as poison or super stimpak health deduction.  If you go below 000 HP you die immediately.  So no FAs if they go down and start tanking once more.

Also, to rationalize this effect.  Imagine they cannibal or how the perk is called "vampire" is driven by the smell touch etc of blood to keep on fighting for more.  It causes an extreme body overdrive and adrenaline rush causing pain to be nonexistant and allowing for them to fight for much longer periods of time.  Much like the results of Morphine only it doesn't calm them down it speeds them up.

I also would think a spear would count for this perk, but no sledgehammer, since sledge is a blunt weapon causing little bleeding unless a bone is broken through the skin.  It would cause more internal bleeding than external.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:50:41 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 12:49:15 pm »

Vampiric relatives could be changed to be an ok perk.

Say the extra health is only a temporary boost.

Each hp hit gives that much hp in your own but after 5 seconds it is slowly taken away.

example: 

Vampire guy with a knife is hit for 50 HP by bluesuit guy with smg.
bluesuit guy with smg is hit for 30 HP by vampire guy.
Vampire guy +30 HP.
"5 seconds later"
vampire guy loses 5 HP.
"3 seconds later"
vampire guy loses 5 hp.
"3 seconds later"
vampire guy loses 5 hp.
"3 seconds later"
vampire guy loses 5 hp.

Etc etc..... 

I suppose it could also add HP beyond max HP, and HP recieved normally will be first HP to be taken away, where as HP taken from victim only comes into play after all normal HP is exinguished.  By then unless  the "vampire" or "cannibal" gets more blood from the victim in such a way (only preventing the inevitable) or gains more normal HP (stimpaks, first aid, etc) he is dead but walking.  This also can have same mechanic as poison or super stimpak health deduction.  If you go below 000 HP you die immediately.  So no FAs if they go down and start tanking once more.

Also, to rationalize this effect.  Imagine they cannibal or how the perk is called "vampire" is driven by the smell touch etc of blood to keep on fighting for more.  It causes an extreme body overdrive and adrenaline rush causing pain to be nonexistant and allowing for them to fight for much longer periods of time.  Much like the results of Morphine only it doesn't calm them down it speeds them up.

I also would think a spear would count for this perk, but no sledgehammer, since sledge is a blunt weapon causing little bleeding unless a bone is broken through the skin.  It would cause more internal bleeding than external.

Sounds good, well I changed the name to canabalsim.. mabey it could have +DR instead of HP so it's more like adrenaline rush, It could even be like +2 - 5% DR per punch? caps after like 10% or something
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 12:50:45 pm »

You have become much more skillful as a thief.

Hi I'm a thief I stole your MA from you without you feeling the weight lighten. It was the exact same weight as that 1 cap I stole at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:54:47 pm by Overdose »

Beaver98

• I'll do you like a truck
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 05:30:27 pm »

Hello everyone, I was thinking of a few perks for unarmed... Here they are.

Canabalism (Both melee and unarmed)
After Punching/Cutting open wounds you start to get used to blood, you even start to like it. Whenever you damage someone using melee weapons or unarmed you gain 50% of the damage you caused to your hp. (This Discludes spears and sledge hammers since they have a 2 hex range)

Or  Fighting people makes you happy, every punch you do you feel strong. After a While you learn to ignore pain as much when focusing on punching something. You gain 2% DR per punch for a short period of time after your last punch. Caps at something like 10%

Fists Of The Northen Tribes (unarmed)
Those stoopid tribals, Fear my gun! Is what you used to think until a drunken bar fight with a tribal. You Picked up a few tricks tho... Now there is a 25% - 50% chance when you punch you will do Double damage or two punches.

Edit Changed the name of a perk due to it not being 'Wastelandish'
Will add more soon. What do you think?

Im all for new punches, but lifesteal aint a valiable option :D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 05:54:08 pm »

Im all for new punches, but lifesteal aint a valiable option :D
Care to explain why?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 27 queries.