"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:42:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Low equip locations  (Read 2980 times)

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
Re: Low equip locations
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 08:28:54 am »

Well, agreed on the fact that it's boring everyone has the best equipment out there, and it's what the players will do everytime. Even if we rebalance items, there will always be that set of 'best' weaponry, which will be used most of the time.

Don't really like the way it would be enforced though...

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 03:08:59 pm »

Gunrunner have one [gun factory], SF have more than probably at least one, and I kinda bet NCR have more than one.

then it makes sense that players should be buying high tier weapons from them and not crafting them in a cave somewhere... thats hardly possible these days but after a nuclear apocalypse I don't think it would be any easier. Besides, thats exactly why everyone is running around with top tier gadgets and yet I still can't make a simple pipe-rifle :(

What I would like to see balanced is the importance of crafting versus scavenging. Right now we scavenge just to craft, not to find whole (deteriorated) items. Of course we don't want scorpions giving us CA's (diablo styles) but maybe every now and then when I'm looking for junk there's an old discarded 10mm lying about just waiting for someone to fix it up, or maybe I encounter a camp site (non-player) and find a few goodies lying around.... maybe with a few critters guarding them.

We didn't played the same Fallout I guess.
I am not a big fan of low stuff fights, as I prefer heavy optimization, and I don't like restrictions in general... But well, if some quarters of guarded towns became unguarded for low stuff I am not saying no.

Maybe we didn't play the same fallout :p To me its about a struggle and thats hard to swallow when everyone is dressed to the nines in home-made military issue combat gear. Anyone who has been playing for a month has a system for obtaining this level of items but imo Fallout was always about chance! The CHANCE that I would find something awesome just like the CHANCE that an ant would critically bypass my power-armour for 500 points of crippling damage! :p

I feel like we need more chance and more struggle, and in a way that evens things out between old players and new players. IMHO of course

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 07:39:00 pm »

Balance weaponry. Flamer > shotgun, Laser pistol > both.
Remember, there is no BA, Metal Armor on t0.
is
Unless your arms are crippled before u start the flame :) Rather than tiers in general Itd be better to have small weapons t0. EW would win anyways due to their long range. Also sniper t0 would be too OP.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 04:29:47 pm »

still, the hunting rifle shoud be more powerfull than the sniper, but with less range

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 04:33:30 pm »

still, the hunting rifle shoud be more powerfull than the sniper, but with less range
totally bullshit ?

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 06:21:01 pm »

That's a bad joke mon.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 10:52:32 pm »

that's kind of extreme, but considering they both fire the same caliber rounds they should maybe have similar damage rating... right now I think the hunting rifle is too underpowered, especially considering how much damage the .223 pistol does.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 11:08:03 pm »

Technically the .223 pistol was somethin' unique, that's why is so strong. Plus it a "shrinked down rifle", with some additional stuff. It should be superior in damage terms but should have a much lesser range, to correcly balance it. (after all, you can make shitloads of them since they are craftable)
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 22 queries.