"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:20:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Low equip locations  (Read 2981 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Low equip locations
« on: August 16, 2011, 12:57:19 pm »

Idea: Disable some kind of weapons in exact locations.
 Reason: a) Allow players to fight in low equip battles.
             b) eliminate disproportion among lvl 21 tier 3 weapons powerbuilds and non pvp players
             c) allow powerbuilders to create new kind of powerbuilds, different than tier 3
             d) fill empty cities with some content
 Similarity: Hinkley arena => different scale of weapons => different powerbuilds

I.e.: junktown city... only pistols (sg and lasers) .. similar mod to TC .. winner could win some parts needed to craft tier 3 weapons
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:41:16 pm by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Re: Low equip locations
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:13:18 pm »

LSW is not a t3 item. Is it supposed to be there?
a) they are allowewd to fight with anything and kill anyone with it. Just see for crippler build with Laser Pistol,
b) there is not such thing

Winner of what?
Actually t3 weapons are not that hard to get even without crafting.

Lordus

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 01:45:38 pm »

ad a) try to use laser pistol agaisnt LSW, rocket launcher or sniper rifle.. everyone knows who would win
ad b) example: new player visit PvP free area (broken hills) with his hunting rifle and he would be killed by shot from rocket launcher => there is this thing

You dont understand the point of this suggestion, it is not that hard to get tier 3 weapons, but it is almost impossible to join PvP with low tier weapons, if everyone could you tier 3 weapons.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 02:30:50 pm »

I dont think that that is the way. Restrictions always bring more pain than gain. But i agree that we need some way how to make use of more weapons. Maybe via some PvE locations/quests with npcs vulnerable to certain damage type. (faleme vulnerabel, insane HP with no armor for JHP vulnerable, etc.....)
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 02:57:58 pm »

ad a) try to use laser pistol agaisnt LSW, rocket launcher or sniper rifle.. everyone knows who would win
Sniper can lose to laser pistol if he`s outdamaged.
LSW can be crippled. RL can be blinded.
ad b) example: new player visit PvP free area (broken hills) with his hunting rifle and he would be killed by shot from rocket launcher => there is this thing
he will be killed with plasma too. Why? Becose he`s noob.
You dont understand the point of this suggestion, it is not that hard to get tier 3 weapons, but it is almost impossible to join PvP with low tier weapons, if everyone could you tier 3 weapons.
It is possible. Low tier weapons are usefull sometimes.
I`d buff shotguns...

Actually if I`ll continue Energy speakeng, Laser Rifle(t1) >>> Plasma Rifle (t3) in few ways.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 03:36:18 pm »

the current Tier system is kinda unbalanced now.
There are weapons
t0 - craftable without profession
t1-3 craftable with profession of same level
and there is some other weapons like Gauss Pistol, LSW, Gatling Rifle, zip-gun and other good and shitty guns.
Which ones shoul be used?

If we are speaking about t0 Items, what will you do with Laser Pistol?
If we are speaking about t0-t1 Items, what will you do with Rocket Launcher?
If we are speaking about non-tier weapons - what will you do with LSW, Gatling?

System is unbalanced and there is no way to say if there is a way to implement something like this now.
Developers are going to rework crafting system with wipe SOON so i`d rather to wait until wipe.

Lordus

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 04:26:47 pm »

Oskarus: "I dont think that that is the way. Restrictions always bring more pain than gain."

Look at the problem from different angle. Allowing players to PvP i.e. in Junktown only with pistols, is kind of deregulation, elimination of restrictions, creating an obstacles. Or: Locations are empty. Restriction that could bring new kind of gameplay is better than do what you want in players empty place.

This idea is here that i think, that players would like to fight in different kind of combats.. Many players whine, that in Hinkley you cannot use LSW and Avengers.. But on other way, competitive P90, nade and others (power)builds are often used there. By same intention and motivation, new chars specialized for pistols, unarmed or melee could be used in some location.

I.e.: Old gangs are playing TC in northern cities.. they are superior to new players because of 1-2 years betatesting knowledge (best builds, best weapons, best ammo, best knowledge how to play, best...). But "New gang", fully specialized on pistols only (Junktown pistol only place) could get their knowhow at this place and they can be superior over old gang players.

I understand you Oskarus, but seriously, i dont think that there would be possible to balance all of the weapons (and even more would be implemented after 3D). Devs. think in same way. They want to allow use some weapons in Faction scenarios (G11, maybe power armor) only, because they dont want to ruin the current balance.

So why not to use all time empty place and allow here to fight only with all time never used weapons in PvP. I remember old days, when there was not needed to TC best tier weapons, we fought with low equip agaisnt best equip and it was fun, it was something new.

Snailbeast: you are wrong, it looks like you did not participated in any TC this or past eras.

Sniper powerbuild X pistol powerbuild => 9/10 sniper will win (range advantage/hendicap). You could admit that snipers can be killed at close range, but good PvP snipers never came to close range (thats work for Avenger, LSW bursters...). At first few eras i used to wear pistol like secondary weapon... but there was no time or reason to use it.

At the end, real life similarity: Imagine situation, that there is kind of semi guarded city.. Dont kill locals, but if you want to kill non locals, you can do it. But dont use big weapons, it is restricted, because you can harm locals or guards.. It makes little sense.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 04:36:33 pm »

You could admit that snipers can be killed at close range, but good PvP snipers never came to close range (thats work for Avenger, LSW bursters...)
That's only a myth I don't know where it came from but I hear it all the time. This is true only in desert without buildings and stuff. Every sniper is often forced to get at close range towards his enemy. Also many kinds of (mainly doubleshot) sniper builds are vulnerable to lsw sneakers that means your sniper is dead even earlier he realizes a sneaker shot him.

Lordus

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 04:49:43 pm »

Kelin: dont waste this thread by useless posts. I used simplification in my posts to underscribe problem, that low tier weapons are not used in PVP.

Do you use 10mm pistol in PvP? Do you use 223 pistol in PvP? Yes? How many times did you shot from pistol last year? 10 000 times? 1000 times? 100 times? 10 times?

Do you understand about what is this thread?

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 05:34:27 pm »

I have wanted something like this for a long time. I much prefer lo-tech combat as it feels more in the spirit of fallout imo. To be honest I'm just sick of everyone running around a wasteland with factory made weapons... where are the factories?

I hope the revised crafting system in the next test helps this along.

LONG LIVE THE PIPE RIFLE!

p.s. there will be more/better PvP when poor players are able to participate without having to worry about breaking their bank, not to mention fewer people will feel compelled to craft all day.

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 05:50:16 pm »

Lordus: I don't use pistols at all but that's not the point. I know a lot of people who like pistols and have special builds suited for it. If I had something similar I would use pistols, why not.

There is plenty of low-stuff action which you can't see because you don't play this game any more. Your only goal is to make more restrictions which in fact aren't needed.

EDIT: I read your post again Lordus, actually a small pvp area in a protected town could be interesting. Knives, pistols and hammers, sounds good to me  ;)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:59:21 pm by Kelin »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 07:20:01 pm »

I have wanted something like this for a long time. I much prefer lo-tech combat as it feels more in the spirit of fallout imo.

We didn't played the same Fallout I guess.

To be honest I'm just sick of everyone running around a wasteland with factory made weapons... where are the factories?

Gunrunner have one, SF have more than probably at least one, and I kinda bet NCR have more than one.

I am not a big fan of low stuff fights, as I prefer heavy optimization, and I don't like restrictions in general... But well, if some quarters of guarded towns became unguarded for low stuff I am not saying no.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 07:45:46 pm »

Sniper powerbuild X pistol powerbuild => 9/10 sniper will win (range advantage/hendicap). You could admit that snipers can be killed at close range, but good PvP snipers never came to close range (thats work for Avenger, LSW bursters...). At first few eras i used to wear pistol like secondary weapon... but there was no time or reason to use it.
It works for vacuum only...
And you didn`t tell me what kinds of weapon do you expect to be used. Unarmed/Melee only?
Whats up with others? There still will be difference between Super Sledge user and knife user.
Allowing some small pistols? How to decide which are small ones?

I generally like basis of idea but I don`t see any way to implement.
We used to organise some tournaments in "Muha", but that was tournaments, nothing more.
We even have forbidden Super Sledge, Ripper and Cattle Prods.
Melee/unarmed are hard-to-keep-in-contact weapons, you are lucky if you killed someone with it.
You should make some rules to try implementing something like this.
Which weapons shouldn`t be used?

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 02:46:53 am »

I agree with Lordus. Variety of weapons used would add a spice to this monotonous game. Pistol city TC full of cripplers or Tier 0 city with shotguns hell yeah (not to mention all melee or unarmed locations =D). Why anyone would be against this? For once old timers wouldnt make any difference and all people could join.

More people to join = more fun = more players.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:48:54 am by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 08:27:41 am »

I agree with Lordus. Variety of weapons used would add a spice to this monotonous game. Pistol city TC full of cripplers or Tier 0 city with shotguns hell yeah (not to mention all melee or unarmed locations =D). Why anyone would be against this? For once old timers wouldnt make any difference and all people could join.

More people to join = more fun = more players.
Balance weaponry. Flamer > shotgun, Laser pistol > both.
Remember, there is no BA, Metal Armor on t0.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.481 seconds with 22 queries.