"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 01:30:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Anime/Manga thread  (Read 11479 times)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Anime/Manga thread
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 07:36:34 pm »

This is my list of animes i watched and still sometimes rewatch them for some reasons like certain scenes.
These are not listed in 10 best ones.

One Piece+Movies (For major battles, Scenes when luffy make impossible to possible, When luffy make everyone happy)
Naruto (Major battles.. Funny moments.. Sad moments.. etc)
Ef- a tale of Memories/Melodies (Memories for some random moments like phone messages and Melodies for ending)
Clannad/Clannad: After Story+Both Another World chapters (Sad moments, Ending, It was so fine anime that i never forget)
Welcome to the N.H.K. (Funny moments, Always and always want see again ending)
School Days (Well.. Makoto was asshole and he got what he deserved)
Full metal alchemist (Some random battles and moments that i never want forget)
Ladies Versus Butlers! (Harem harem.. what else to say :D)
Myself, Yourself (Hmm.. Nanaka has bit sad personality, but it was good she finally manage get 'it' ready.)
Amagami SS (Same story, but just with different girls and ending different for everyone)
Toradora! (Taiga! very interesting story with some fateful changes)
Gunslinger Girl (Girls with weapons.. this was just something that was fun)
One Piece: Dream Soccer king (Sanji with his epic kick :D)
H2O: Footprints in the Sand (Blind guy who "got" his sight back and started like one girl who was hated in that village where they both live)

This is just small list to compared how many animes i have watched.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 10:41:52 pm »

In general, I don't watch anime often, but I really like Ghost in the Shell and Animatrix. This two are very ambitous productions in my opinion. Well, I was used to watch such animes like Azumanga Daioh, Black Lagoon, and High School of the Dead . But I put Ghost in the Shell and Animatrix as my personal favorites.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 05:25:43 pm »

What kind story type you like on animes?
I can put types to list and example from animes uses that type.
Personally i like story with arcs, because most likely those are longest animes.
* One Piece, Bleach, Naruto etc..

Story is separated to arcs (Default animes*, Higurashi, Clannad, Kanon..)
Every episode is new story (Jigoku Shoujo aka "Hell Girl")
One story (Karin, True Tears, Welcome to N.H.K.)
Place where some character already been, but died for example and "reborn" to new world (Higurashi)
Almost same story, but with eyes of different person or new girl in love with protagonist etc (Amagami SS, Yosuga no Sora, Higurashi)

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 05:59:33 pm »

Thanks for bumping that thread, it made me remember to check if Hellsing OVA 8 is out, and it is. Many were waiting for it for almost a year. I like animes that doesn't filled with crap just to be longer and longer, so these days I won't start one that has more episodes than Code Geass. I guess that's why I like Hellsing. They work 6-12 month on an episode, and the difference is noticeable.

Other than that, my favorites were already mentioned in that thread. Afro Samurai, Cowboy Beebop, Gantz, Ghost in The Shell, Black Lagoon, and some others.

Now I'm trying to get my hands on a Red Line, heard it's finished.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:01:11 pm by Evan »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 04:50:05 pm »

We need best character listing over here :D
Write some reasons too why she/he was good character.

1. Luffy from One Piece (Funny guy and always beat enemies with rubber powers, Gear Second)
2. Tatsuhiro from Welcome to N.H.K. (He was always too serious with everything and paranoid, He tried his best to change as person..)
3. Blueno from One Piece (Same feeling like Nappa from DBZ. He just underestimate too much and lost in no time)
4. Rena from Higurashi (I like when she become mad with that scary face, Rena likes take everything to her home ;))
5. Nappa from DBZ (Yeah same reason than with Blueno. He was tough enemy in start, but lost easily in end)
6. Nanaka from Myself;Yourself (In start she was very angry and sad person, but later on she started become more happy)
7. Mion and Shion from Higurashi (Well.. both them almost like each others, but another did something that i never forget from my nightmares :/)

Grzesiu

• High Five Critical miss.
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 10:12:15 pm »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 12:10:22 pm »

As almost everyone see i have joined to MAL (Myanimelist) community and started watching animes even more serious :)
Wipe happens someday.. but before that i can watch animes with all might.

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 11:27:15 am »

I was aware that REDLINE is out in some countries for a while after -years- of waiting. Now I even find working torrents - thought I leave a note. Not that I won't buy it if they ever release it in my neighborhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjdGgkjJeG4&feature=related - That one if it's news to you.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 02:19:41 pm »

No love for Stand Alone Complex, Akira, Battle Angel Alita, Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Appleseed, Eden and Lain yet? Damn, I am dissapoint. Also, Starship Operators, Infinite Ryvius and Banner of the Stars are neat if you enjoy military sci-fi. Furthermore, Black Lagoon because, well, Revy and Darker Than Black because Chineese Electric Batman. I'd also mention Fate/Stay Night if this thread was about VNs, but I guess I won't because the anime was sort of mediocre in comparison.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 05:18:48 pm »

No love for Stand Alone Complex, Akira, Battle Angel Alita, Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Appleseed, Eden and Lain yet?
I got plans to watch atleast Texhnolyze and maybe Eden and Lain.
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 07:35:53 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/user/MANGAentertainment
I watched gaurenn lagann in english here, there is also 4 other full animes in this channel.

Here is the opening to Gaurenn Lagann
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgKSjUOrgQQ

And here is playlist.
http://www.youtube.com/show/gurrenlagann

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 01:34:43 pm »

I got plans to watch atleast Texhnolyze and maybe Eden and Lain.
I don't think Eden has an anime adaptation. Manga is god-tier though. Also, last time I posted I totally forgot Madoka - just don't let the whole magical girl thingie fool you, that shit is intense ;D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:37:27 pm by Nice_Boat »

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2011, 10:07:17 pm »

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Blue Gender
Ecoban
Naruto ^^
Shaman King

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 10:56:53 pm »

...Also, last time I posted I totally forgot Madoka - just don't let the whole magical girl thingie fool you, that shit is intense ;D
Yeah just some hours ago started watching Madoka :)

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 12:32:36 am »

Can anyone recommend me sci-fi anime/manga? I liked Animatrix and Lamb if that helps...
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.