"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 14, 2024, 06:36:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 111

Author Topic: Questions and Answers #5  (Read 254463 times)

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
Re: Questions and Answers #5
« Reply #1485 on: March 25, 2013, 07:00:14 pm »

try this:
Nickname : iamdumb
Password: iamdumb

If you will login sucesfuly, that means you are dumb, other way you have some weird problem which you have not descriped enought.
« Reply #1486 on: March 26, 2013, 02:17:01 am »

try this:
Nickname : iamdumb
Password: iamdumb

If you will login sucesfuly, that means you are dumb, other way you have some weird problem which you have not descriped enought.
I have actually created a basic farming character with default login and password, that are set after installation.
Name: login
Pass: password
This would allow quick check if the game is ok, without the need of creating a character or even typing enything. Sadly someone changed the password. It would be nice to have such character with locked password. Maybe with automatic recreation of the character after reaching say 400000XP.
« Reply #1487 on: March 30, 2013, 10:22:04 am »

I often see items lying on exit grids in towns. I guess people drop them there, but how? More importantly - is there any way I can get them?

TMA ModMic

• A mad Adventurer
« Reply #1488 on: March 30, 2013, 10:30:01 am »

You can throw items that you hield in your active slot.

To get items from the exit grid just throw a grenade,than you're in combat mode and you can pick up it.
« Reply #1489 on: March 30, 2013, 02:01:36 pm »

I've encountered some rangers fighting slavers and tried scavenging some stuff from the slaver corpses, but got promptly burnt. So my question is: ss corpse-robbing a capital offence (thus, will they always kill me for something like that)?

I learned the hard way that 'standing too close to a ranger' is. Maybe that's why they killed me (I got too close)? 
« Reply #1490 on: March 30, 2013, 02:22:36 pm »

Looting anything before rangers/Unity/caravan etc. do that results in their aggresive stance towards you. If you want to rob the corpses, you have to either be quick - loot and run away, or wait until they win the fight, take what they want and return to their starting positions. Sometimes they do leave some corpses unlooted, it means that you're free to take stuff from them.
« Reply #1491 on: March 31, 2013, 05:23:14 pm »

Thanks, guys. I have another question tho': how come nothing is worth anything to traders? I could understand that crap like minerals or primitive tools would be worthless, but the wiki says that for example brass knuckles are worth 50 caps and Buster still offers $0 (I think I also tried the mauser with the same result). Is it because I have low barter (12%)?

What stuff is actually sellable in this game?
« Reply #1492 on: March 31, 2013, 11:08:01 pm »

Thanks, guys. I have another question tho': how come nothing is worth anything to traders? I could understand that crap like minerals or primitive tools would be worthless, but the wiki says that for example brass knuckles are worth 50 caps and Buster still offers $0 (I think I also tried the mauser with the same result). Is it because I have low barter (12%)?

What stuff is actually sellable in this game?

Merchant Guide here
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,28517.msg246126.html#msg246126
« Reply #1493 on: March 31, 2013, 11:38:34 pm »

Thanks! So not every merchant takes everything - good to know!

Another question: I'm going for the 'ranger' perk and want to set up a safehouse for myself, do I have to make a new folded tent or do I get it back in my inventory after I choose to abandon the old site?

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #1494 on: April 01, 2013, 11:47:16 am »

New Tent System

A Folded Tent item has been introduced, as a replacement for tent creation with 10 brahmin hides. Folded Tents can be crafted with Fix-boy. Tents and safe houses are created by using the Folded Tent inside an encounter. Requirements to create a tent/safe house:
  • Your character must be inside an encounter location (list of allowed encounters hasn't changed).
  • No other alive critters can be in the map (excluding own followers).
  • Battle timeout can't be active.
  • Turn based combat can't be active.
Each character can create up to ten tent locations. After reaching the limit, you'll be asked which of currently existing tents you want to abandon. Each tent can be shown to as many characters as you wish by giving them tent maps created by tent owner. Just like before, if your character has the Ranger perk then instead of a tent you will create a safe house.

Tent locations are no longer removed after 4 weeks of inactivity of its owner. Please note that it may be enabled again in the future.

Campfire / Tent Management

Campfire no longer works as a workbench. Instead, it's used for tent management. You still have to use firewood to create a campfire in a new tent. Once created, click the campfire to open a dialog window where you can do following tasks:
  • Change the name of the tent
    Allows you to name the tent. The name will be used on new maps to the tent (see below). Keep in mind that changing the tent name won't change the description in already existing maps.
  • Upgrades
    Displays a list of available upgrades - features which can be added to the tent or safe house - and allows you to do the upgrades if you have necessary materials.
  • Create a map to this location
    Creates a map item which, when used by any player, will show the tent to the player. It's impossible to make someone "forget" the location as long as the tent/safe house exists, so watch out when sharing or storing maps!
  • Abandon tent
    Destroys location with all items inside and moves every alive critter to the world map. Tent owner will receive Folded Tent which can be used again to set up a camp in another place. Some of the items left on the ground when tent is removed might reappear in the game later in various places - similar system is used for items lost in encounters (see previous changelog).

Obsolete Tents

Tent locations created before the update do not contain the campfires anymore. Character owning the obsolete tents may remove the location using Special Tent Item, which works like the Abandon Tent option described above. You will find the Special Tent Item in front of the tent. It's up to player to decide if and when the map should be removed. If it's his/her will to keep the map for sentimental reasons, it won't affect the other tents in any other way.

« Reply #1495 on: April 02, 2013, 07:33:56 pm »

Thanks. I'm trying to travel together with a friend, but when she clicks the 'follow' button and I leave the map, she doesn't get any notification and when I leave, I still don't have her on the list on the left and I don't have her with me on encounters. Am I missing something?

(my charisma is 3, and her is 7 and it doesn't work both ways)

EDIT: okay, it works now, we didn't know the orange arrow/yellow arrow thing
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:20:11 pm by Stabjack »
« Reply #1496 on: April 04, 2013, 01:23:17 pm »

I just have run into this few times already with vault city patrol. i have entered into encounter where is vault city patrol and slavers and some critters. all of them are hostile towards vaulties and fight each other. Then i decide to help vaulties by shooting slavers and critters. I never hit to vaulties themselves but as soon as last of critters and slavers is dead its just me and vaulties. Vaulties decide to shoot at me. I have neutral standing ( 0 ) with them. And i have been 6+tiles away from them. What could cause it?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #1497 on: April 04, 2013, 04:32:18 pm »

I just have run into this few times already with vault city patrol. i have entered into encounter where is vault city patrol and slavers and some critters. all of them are hostile towards vaulties and fight each other. Then i decide to help vaulties by shooting slavers and critters. I never hit to vaulties themselves but as soon as last of critters and slavers is dead its just me and vaulties. Vaulties decide to shoot at me. I have neutral standing ( 0 ) with them. And i have been 6+tiles away from them. What could cause it?

Stray bullet.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #1498 on: April 04, 2013, 07:21:55 pm »

You looted before they finished looting?

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #1499 on: April 05, 2013, 03:39:51 am »

Im curious about grave digging. Does anyone ever find anything cool? Like a shitload of money, a map to a tent, a bp, tons of drugs?
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 111

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.