"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 15, 2024, 05:27:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 111

Author Topic: Questions and Answers #5  (Read 254936 times)

Re: Questions and Answers #5
« Reply #1035 on: September 16, 2012, 03:49:39 pm »

Yes. Once it drops below 500, you need to raise it over 900 points again.
« Reply #1036 on: September 17, 2012, 04:32:00 pm »

whats the multiplier for shown players amount in this game? i guess 4?
« Reply #1037 on: September 17, 2012, 05:55:37 pm »

whats the difference between crit chance and hit chance? I did a little test, and have weird results. I have 35% chance to hit with a punch, but only hit 9/50 times. I have 35 crit chance with a laser rifle (untargetted shot), but got a crit 21/50 times. I need to know what the main difference in the mechanics is.

Remember too against some armors your critical chance is lowered by 5 or 10 percent.

MrSarcastic

• War doesn't determine who's right. Only who's left
    • WWAA Shop
« Reply #1038 on: September 18, 2012, 12:58:30 am »

Hey Guys,
I have a confession to make.

I'm a slaver. Really nasty one too. Instead of enslaving people and selling them like cattle I send them to certain death in NCR. And thats my problem. It seems that my slaves turn against me the moment we enter NCR. They are shot immediately by guards. Me too sometimes. What to do to prevent this?
Idling....

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #1039 on: September 18, 2012, 04:55:54 am »

Hey Guys,
I have a confession to make.

I'm a slaver. Really nasty one too. Instead of enslaving people and selling them like cattle I send them to certain death in NCR. And thats my problem. It seems that my slaves turn against me the moment we enter NCR. They are shot immediately by guards. Me too sometimes. What to do to prevent this?
They probably hit you because you have extreme low loyalty with them, you should give them jet to keep it high and they won't attack you
Back In-Game :D

MrSarcastic

• WWAA Shop
« Reply #1040 on: September 18, 2012, 04:38:54 pm »

Thank you Stalker.
Does this mean that for every low life I want to sell I have to waste a valuable dose of jet?
Idling....
« Reply #1041 on: September 18, 2012, 06:22:28 pm »

Slaves start at full loyalty and are crazy expensive to keep happy and have the worst reaction to low loyalty. They are to be used, sold or killed, not kept.

« Reply #1042 on: September 18, 2012, 07:03:13 pm »

Hi, I'm new here. I've got problem with update:

Even after few hours it is stuck in this moment, file can't download. Can anyone help?
"The Ranger vets are coming in from Baja. I've never seen one before , but I heard they chew nails and spit napalm."
« Reply #1043 on: September 18, 2012, 07:15:33 pm »

Hi, I'm new here. I've got problem with update:

Even after few hours it is stuck in this moment, file can't download. Can anyone help?

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,22146.0.html

MrSarcastic

• WWAA Shop
« Reply #1044 on: September 20, 2012, 12:14:47 am »

Hmm... What about lockpicks? Do they work since last change log?
I've heard they do. I've heard they don't.

Anyone got confirmed info?
Idling....

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #1045 on: September 20, 2012, 04:51:54 am »

Hmm... What about lockpicks? Do they work since last change log?
I've heard they do. I've heard they don't.

Anyone got confirmed info?
Lockpicks been working, you just need high skill, 250 is enough since ext. lockpicks now in-game,

or you can go 300 which is over kill to me :P

also, some stuff won't open even with 300 skill, but some do after a couple of tries.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:53:44 am by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »
Back In-Game :D

MrSarcastic

• WWAA Shop
« Reply #1046 on: September 20, 2012, 07:52:04 pm »

It sounds cool but how do you use them?

Placing them in active slot does not improve your skill like in FO: Tactics while choosing the "use on" command yields all favourite "that does nothing" message.
Idling....
« Reply #1047 on: September 20, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »

It sounds cool but how do you use them?

Placing them in active slot does not improve your skill like in FO: Tactics while choosing the "use on" command yields all favourite "that does nothing" message.

You just need to have them in active slot, you won't see the change is skilldex though. Same goes for tool, doctors bag etc.

MrSarcastic

• WWAA Shop
« Reply #1048 on: September 29, 2012, 09:33:03 pm »

Hello Ladies and Gents,

does any of you know exactly how DM mod affects damage calculation?

DR and AC mods are quite self explanatory but DM mod is mysterious to me. For example:
.233 mm ammo have following attributes: DM 1/1 DR -20 AC -20
7.62 mm have: DM 12/10 DR -10 AC -5

There is something about 7.62 ammo which makes M60 superior to LSW (at least thats what it looks like when i hunt BoS with a friend). Also Avenger minigun seems to deal less damage unless all BRD perks are taken.

Can anyone explain please?
Idling....
« Reply #1049 on: September 29, 2012, 11:14:01 pm »

Burst weapons will hit one target approximately 1/3 of bullets shot in a cone like this.
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5391/conj3.png

Bonus ranged damage adds damage bonus to each bullet separately, so naturally avenger will be more effective with that perk than m60 or light support weapon witch accordingly spreads less bullets per shot. Avenger spreads 30 bullets per shot, m60/lsw 10 from witch only 4 will hit unless 1 hex when bullets shot don't separate in a cone, but are diverted into one target.

DR mod is very simple, it adds or decreases resistances witch ultimately decreases or increases damage. DR is added in conjunction with very high damage multipliers, that way applying an effect of dealing more damage on lightly armored targets rather than armored. I think DR was applied the last in formula witch calculates damage, it is just taken as raw percentage of total through perks/ammo/armor/traits and added to damage, obviously if the value is positive in the end your damage will be reduced (can't go below zero, AP ammo -35 DR mod on a some leather jacket is overkill :) ).

m60 does more base damage and has a slightly higher (if higher than 1/1 damage is obviously added (total raw(if i remember correctly, it was added before DR mod is applied and target DR/DT) amount of damage multiplied by this value), 1/1 is constant and less than that like 2/3 for 5mm AP witch is a reduction) damage multiplier than light support weapon witch results in overall more damage despite the -10% DR mod advantage for the .223 ammo.

I was crystal clear.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:39:27 pm by T-888 »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 111

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 19 queries.