"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 14, 2024, 07:12:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 111

Author Topic: Questions and Answers #5  (Read 254698 times)

Re: Questions and Answers #5
« Reply #975 on: August 24, 2012, 11:15:16 am »

They're visible as all heck and appear regardless of enemies being present or not.

I think you might be wrong here, I haven't seen a footlocker on a location without critters so far, It look like it have to be random encounter, but someone correct me if I am wrong.

Also I have done some treasure hunting recently, and I am stunned how rare the blueprints are. In 84 encounters I have found 16 footlockers out of which only one contained blueprint for dynamite. All the rest was filled with junk, 10mm jhp ammo and few caps. I have also found cattle prod and one low tier metal armor. I am doing something wrong? I can't imagine how long it took all this people I see in the game to find blueprint for all this high tech guns and armors. It seems like a waste of a lifetime and I could probably be much more efficient trying to farm unity patrols or caravans. Does someone have simmilar expierience or I am just extremly unlucky?
I have 10 luck character with Treasure Hunter perk (maybe I shouldnt took it?)
« Reply #976 on: August 24, 2012, 06:57:23 pm »

Are you answering me Mrockatansky?  ROFLMFAO, the wiki doesn't answer my question brahmin brain.
Look at my question again, I'm not asking about the exp requirements per level,
why do people always do this?
All I want to know is comparatively how long does it take to get from level 10-20 compared to levels 1-10, does it take twice as long? 3 times as long? 5 times as long?
looking at the exp requirement per level on the wiki tells me nothing, your not going to be fighting mole rats, and baby deathclaws the entire time,
half the people on this server have at least 2 pvp characters, so I'm sure someone knows how long it takes to level up.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:09:42 pm by foonlinecurious »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #977 on: August 24, 2012, 07:07:02 pm »

depending on what you lvl. it would be anywhere between 2-5 hours. if your useing a bger or ew user it will take somewhere between 2-3 hours on centaurs and floaters. if you are a sg sniper it could take longer if your only killing molerats. centaurs and floaters is allways the best way to go thou. also if you lvl in tb then it will take forever.... so dont lvl in tb.
Roaming the waste again.

MrSarcastic

• War doesn't determine who's right. Only who's left
    • WWAA Shop
« Reply #978 on: August 24, 2012, 09:47:46 pm »

Hi Guys,

1- about lvling up: 5 hrs to get to lvl 10? Thats weird. I you can afford 5 hrs of your life on tedious job like lvling up your char it should easly take you all the way up to lvl 24. I usually do some easy quests to get decent weapon skills (100% +) and outdoorsman (optional) and hunt Cents & Floats in RT. They are interested mostly in killing themselves while u stand three hexes away and throw plasma nades at them:) Got to lvl. 18 between lunch and dinner (less than 3 hrs).

2- my question: Is there any particular use for lockpicks and exp. LPs? I know that you can craft them when you have decent LP skill but are they of any use afterwards? Clicking on "use on" button and locker renders all favourite "that does nothing" message and they don't improve your LP skill like in Fo BoS either.
Idling....
« Reply #979 on: August 24, 2012, 10:37:30 pm »

Here's a different question, how does one go about creating a faction channel on IRC?
« Reply #980 on: August 24, 2012, 10:39:05 pm »

I think you might be wrong here, I haven't seen a footlocker on a location without critters so far, It look like it have to be random encounter, but someone correct me if I am wrong.

Also I have done some treasure hunting recently, and I am stunned how rare the blueprints are. In 84 encounters I have found 16 footlockers out of which only one contained blueprint for dynamite. All the rest was filled with junk, 10mm jhp ammo and few caps. I have also found cattle prod and one low tier metal armor. I am doing something wrong? I can't imagine how long it took all this people I see in the game to find blueprint for all this high tech guns and armors. It seems like a waste of a lifetime and I could probably be much more efficient trying to farm unity patrols or caravans. Does someone have simmilar expierience or I am just extremly unlucky?

Can someone who did blueprint hunting share his/her experience with me?

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Roaming the waste again.

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #982 on: August 24, 2012, 10:44:41 pm »

Or just (if on forestnet):
/cs register 'channel' 'password' 'description of channel'
Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #983 on: August 25, 2012, 07:30:16 am »

Thanks for the info; it'll further my conquest of inner space.
« Reply #984 on: August 25, 2012, 07:36:02 am »

I think it's better just to farm caps and buy duplicate bps from the blueprint hunters, but don't tell them this because we need them to keep on hunting!  ;)
« Reply #985 on: August 27, 2012, 02:29:41 pm »

If you pick chem reliant and chem resistant do you get no addiction and bonus drug affect time?
« Reply #986 on: August 29, 2012, 06:39:56 pm »

I was looking at all of the pistols trying to figure out which is best.
the 223 pistol has good gamage, and the ammo does -20% ac  -20% dr,  which seems pretty sweet.

the needler pistol is less damage, and range, but have 2/1 dmg adj, and only 4 ap, so maybe better?

BUT then i looked at 14 mm pistol
it only does 28 dmg, but it has a whopping -50% DR
that sounds very useful, in a sense it would be doing double damage against anything that has dmg resist right?
so maybe that is the superior pistol?

Ok fine, noone knows the answer thats ok.

next question:
Where exactly do you find lockers? ive gone to different city and skyscraper encounters
and sure, i find things to loot,shelves, crates, and tables, but i never see lockers,
do you find them in a certain place?.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:42:47 pm by Graf »

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #987 on: August 29, 2012, 11:03:21 pm »

If you pick chem reliant and chem resistant do you get no addiction and bonus drug affect time?

I believe both traits together will not affect time , but together they will make you just resistant to all addictions.

Ok fine, noone knows the answer thats ok.

next question:
Where exactly do you find lockers? ive gone to different city and skyscraper encounters
and sure, i find things to loot,shelves, crates, and tables, but i never see lockers,
do you find them in a certain place?.
You can find them in city sectors like surroundings of themepark.Since iam not BP hunter i dont know all places...
I was looking at all of the pistols trying to figure out which is best.
the 223 pistol has good gamage, and the ammo does -20% ac  -20% dr,  which seems pretty sweet.

the needler pistol is less damage, and range, but have 2/1 dmg adj, and only 4 ap, so maybe better?

BUT then i looked at 14 mm pistol
it only does 28 dmg, but it has a whopping -50% DR
that sounds very useful, in a sense it would be doing double damage against anything that has dmg resist right?
so maybe that is the superior pistol?
What pistol is better? that matters what armor is enemy wearing, if hes in bluesuit then needler is definitely best, if you are against middle armored guy probably crits from 223 pistol will be good, and finally against "heavy tank"character should be best 14mm pistol
« Reply #988 on: August 30, 2012, 12:34:08 am »

A favourite spot of mine for farming blueprints is city ruins in north of Modoc, there are only ants encounters. As for pistols, i prefer Needler, since it has a good range and has more shots per turn with BRoF and FastShot.
« Reply #989 on: August 30, 2012, 12:45:10 pm »

foonlinecurious, Your question about leveling was vague, how is anyone to know how long it will take you when we
1. Don't know what type of build your using
2. Don't know what you plan on leveling up on
3. Don't know if you have plenty of ammo to waste

Blueprints have a wiki page http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Blueprint if you can't tell where off of that this question has been answered quite a few times on the forum and the search button is plenty useful.  For example I found this within 15 seconds of using search http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,21998.msg182088.html#msg182088 If you happen to not like that spot you can of course try a similar looking area somewhere else on the world map.

Your question about which pistol is the best is very subjective and depends on
1.  What your build is (Ex. Pistolero, Pistol Crippler)
2.  What the enemy is wearing, but once again this depends on what type of build you have because you will get much better criticals with the 223 vs the 14mm against someone in combat armor but you may do less non critical damage but if your a pistolero you are not after criticals.

Also, no the 14mm will not do "double damage in a sense" to anything with damage resistance.  I do not know how you came up with that.
You really should try not insulting people every time you ask a question and get referred to the wiki or the search feature.  You continue to flame people and chances are you will start getting no help at all and be left to your own devices.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:42:06 pm by Graf »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 111

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.