"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 15, 2024, 01:12:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 111

Author Topic: Questions and Answers #5  (Read 255035 times)

Re: Questions and Answers #5
« Reply #915 on: August 20, 2012, 01:03:25 am »

is there anywhere to farm combat leather?

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #916 on: August 20, 2012, 01:23:51 am »

is there anywhere to farm combat leather?
no hopefully devs put in a enounter that does have them thou.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #917 on: August 20, 2012, 02:47:50 pm »

Is "Treasure hunter" perk working as intended or is it still bugged?

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #918 on: August 20, 2012, 03:06:49 pm »

Is "Treasure hunter" perk working as intended or is it still bugged?

Yes, since the update of July 19, 2012.

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
« Reply #919 on: August 20, 2012, 04:37:17 pm »

Is there any easier way for getting slaver rep than slaving? every fail means i have to sell 20 slaves to do runs again >_<

Already did new reno briefcase quest

« Reply #920 on: August 20, 2012, 05:31:07 pm »

Hello, several random questions

1: is there any reason i wouldn't want my ''sniper'' to learn small gun crafting?
i see snipers/ pvpers going around who do not craft their own weapons, whats the point of this?

2: where tf can i buy shotgun ammo in the northern area?
I cant enter Vault city because of low CH, and stupid broken hills doesnt seem to have anyone selling shotgun ammo, do i  have to go all the way to reno?
if so, how do  i go to new reno to buy ammo without getting killed by reno pkers? XD
« Reply #921 on: August 20, 2012, 05:33:06 pm »

Upping repair isn't recommended on combat chars because its easier to farm guns and waste less skill points. Just craft shotgun shells its way faster.

« Reply #922 on: August 20, 2012, 05:55:37 pm »

does the same thing go for crafting armor, explosives, or medicines?  better to make an alt is that what your saying?
« Reply #923 on: August 20, 2012, 06:01:13 pm »

Is there any easier way for getting slaver rep than slaving? every fail means i have to sell 20 slaves to do runs again >_<

Already did new reno briefcase quest

You should not fail. 20 slaves is a punishment for f*cked up job.

I suggest to make new slaver in case of failure. You can do slave runs at level 3-5 quiet easily. If you invest 35 party points into ghoul, you can have 2 slave trappers in MA to help you with the job and stiull be able to raise your rep by selling 2 slaves after each run.
« Reply #924 on: August 20, 2012, 06:51:10 pm »

You should not fail. 20 slaves is a punishment for f*cked up job.

I suggest to make new slaver in case of failure. You can do slave runs at level 3-5 quiet easily. If you invest 35 party points into ghoul, you can have 2 slave trappers in MA to help you with the job and stiull be able to raise your rep by selling 2 slaves after each run.

the one slaver npc ran in and got killed by a random crit, shit happens. remaking a build for that little rep is retarded.

« Reply #925 on: August 20, 2012, 08:15:26 pm »

I modified this post to add more questions

1:  Where, and how can i modify my weapons?
I cant find any information on this anywhere,
you know, increase weapon range, ammo capacity, damage, etc, can you do this with gun crafting? or do you have to got to special NPC characters to do this, if so who and where are these characters?
are they all in Reno / SF ?

2:  and another thing, howcome when i encounter traveling merchant he doesnt have any thing for #$@$ing sale ?  kind of pointless isnt it?  seriously thats just dumb.

3:  do I want to do small guns if i want to do PVP ? is it really viable?
I just looked at about 4 different PVP videos and i didnt see anyone using small guns =/
they were about 80 % big guns, and 20% energy weapons.

4:  How many hours of grinding will it take me to get to level 24? ie killing encounters in the waste ( which i assume is the best way to get xp)
keep in mind im talking about NORMAL GRINDING, meaning me, and my gun, not me, and 2 level 20 players, and 7 slaves helping me out to kill stuff way tougher than me,
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 09:13:14 pm by foonlinecurious »
« Reply #926 on: August 20, 2012, 10:42:12 pm »

omfg is a mouse wheel the only way to zoom?
i hate to be a troll but
LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME!
« Reply #927 on: August 20, 2012, 11:15:17 pm »

Hello, several random questions

1: is there any reason i wouldn't want my ''sniper'' to learn small gun crafting?
i see snipers/ pvpers going around who do not craft their own weapons, whats the point of this?

2: where tf can i buy shotgun ammo in the northern area?
I cant enter Vault city because of low CH, and stupid broken hills doesnt seem to have anyone selling shotgun ammo, do i  have to go all the way to reno?
if so, how do  i go to new reno to buy ammo without getting killed by reno pkers? XD

You can do a crafter / small gun hybrid, but generally this is best for getting your bases and economy set up. Probably the best weapons for a character like this would be assault rifle or FN FAL, and these just put you one step higher than the occasional grease gun or laser pistol pk (big gunners and crit builds will still mow you down).

To me sniper rifle just doesn't have enough punch--with so many gangers and patrols having 250 HP each you almost have to go with the rocket launcher as a long range weapon.
« Reply #928 on: August 20, 2012, 11:43:16 pm »

4:  How many hours of grinding will it take me to get to level 24? ie killing encounters in the waste ( which i assume is the best way to get xp)
keep in mind im talking about NORMAL GRINDING, meaning me, and my gun, not me, and 2 level 20 players, and 7 slaves helping me out to kill stuff way tougher than me,

Straight-up grinding is the wrong way to think; you can get exp from crafting, quests, taking easy encounters while on barter runs, etc. I have one character who's sitting at 580,000 exp, and it wasn't from going against molerats and centaurs over and over; rather it's more important to build up a supply chain (cash, drugs, weapons, and armor) and figuring out which character builds are good to use.
« Reply #929 on: August 21, 2012, 01:42:14 am »

barter runs?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 111

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 19 queries.