"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 15, 2024, 05:41:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 111

Author Topic: Questions and Answers #5  (Read 254943 times)

Re: Questions and Answers #5
« Reply #420 on: March 08, 2012, 10:37:19 am »

When i want to buy base in VC with my 2 friends and I pick the random name of faction, NPC says that he "never heard of us". How to solve this ?
« Reply #421 on: March 08, 2012, 02:01:39 pm »

Hey, after update NPC merchants havent a lot money and prices are lower, can u advice whats the bets way to get money now? I need to buy a car and stuff...

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #422 on: March 08, 2012, 05:16:03 pm »

Buying bases: as far as i know, you cannot choose your own custom name. Instead, you have to choose a name from the available list. It's a long list. From anywhere in-game, type ~ffn (which could mean Find Faction Names). Then press F2. This writes the available faction names to a txt file and saves it in your game directory. It's not easy to read them all but find one you like and try again to buy your base.

Caps: we're all having this same challenge. Some people collect junk in Boneyard and sell it to girl there, i think in Scavangers. Other people make spears and sell them in JT. Some people prefer to farm spears than craft them. Some are apparently capturing and selling cows and/or slaves. (The spoiled ones have a town in TC). If you have a few buddies to go along, you can each reap 7k in caps by going on the Stranded Ship quest (once per character).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:18:25 pm by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #423 on: March 08, 2012, 06:57:56 pm »

How does repair actually work this season?

One choose repair skill on a item, a item menu with a tool (when in inventory) pops up and then what? Used "use" and skills on tool, nothing happens. Or is it only repairable with another items of same sort?
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #424 on: March 08, 2012, 07:06:58 pm »

How does repair actually work this season?

One choose repair skill on a item, a item menu with a tool (when in inventory) pops up and then what? Used "use" and skills on tool, nothing happens. Or is it only repairable with another items of same sort?
Iit's only repairable with another items of same sort which takes *health* off item used to repair.

« Reply #425 on: March 08, 2012, 07:49:26 pm »

You need at least 2 items. 1 to repair, 1 to break. After window appears, select the item you want to break and it goes "Beyond repair" and the other one is fixed by how much skill you have and how much condition the broken item had.
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #426 on: March 09, 2012, 12:55:50 am »

You need at least 2 items. 1 to repair, 1 to break. After window appears, select the item you want to break and it goes "Beyond repair" and the other one is fixed by how much skill you have and how much condition the broken item had.

Depends on repair skill. Tried to repair something just for fun with 238 repair. 1 item with 100%, the other with 54 %. after repairing the 54 % item it ended up with 100% and the other  one which was 100% before dropped to 51%.
« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2012, 02:37:13 pm »

Why I can't give ammo / weapon to my merc? And I can't take ammo from him ;o i need to pay him wtf?
Will he ask for more money? Beacause there "lets talk about your payment" option...

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #428 on: March 09, 2012, 03:00:37 pm »

Why I can't give ammo / weapon to my merc? And I can't take ammo from him ;o i need to pay him wtf?
Will he ask for more money? Beacause there "lets talk about your payment" option...
to give ammo to mercs give them the ammo and 1 cap. yes if you want the ammo back you need to pay him. also yes once every 24 hours your mercs loyalty goes down by 10 percent out of 100 so to put it up you need to pay him 25 percent of his hireing price to get it up 10 percent.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #429 on: March 09, 2012, 03:11:37 pm »

What if i set my mercs  to defend base - is it worth to pay them? If loyality level reach 0(?) will they leave me or something like that?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:20:07 pm by likeyoucare »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #430 on: March 09, 2012, 03:23:20 pm »

What if i set my mercs  to defend base - is it worth to pay them? If loyality level reach 0(?) will they leave me or something like that?
if you want them to defend your base you should pay them. you see the less loyality that have the less they will fight when there hp gets low. so if merc has 100hp he will flee to wm when he has like 90 hp with only 10 loyalty left or something like that. also if loyality hits 0 the merc will attack you and try to kill you.
check this out http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Party_points
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #431 on: March 09, 2012, 04:18:49 pm »

Hmm but when i got 5 or more mercs i need to pay them more than 10k everyday.... (i hope its real 24h, not games??)
Its really much nowdays ;/
Also when those mercs camp with LSW's  and rocket launchers they will SUDDENLY kill everyone who enter, so they probably won't get any hit.... so there is no point to pay them (wiki says that only slaves will attack you when loyality reach 0)
What you think??
« Reply #432 on: March 09, 2012, 04:28:53 pm »

Question about aimed shots:

If I cripple 1 leg, then it costs the npc 2 AP to move, and with two legs crippled it costs him 3 AP?
What does crippling arms and eyes do? A blind enemy still knows perfectly where I am and chases me. And a broken arm doesn't stop him from shooting.

And about Bonus Ranged Damage:
Is it added after damage reduction or before? Would "no damage" finesse shots do 2 damage, or would they still hit for 0?
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #433 on: March 09, 2012, 04:56:13 pm »

Question about aimed shots:

If I cripple 1 leg, then it costs the npc 2 AP to move, and with two legs crippled it costs him 3 AP?
What does crippling arms and eyes do? A blind enemy still knows perfectly where I am and chases me. And a broken arm doesn't stop him from shooting.

And about Bonus Ranged Damage:
Is it added after damage reduction or before? Would "no damage" finesse shots do 2 damage, or would they still hit for 0?

As I know with crippled both legs, player can't move, I think the same is with npc's
Crippled eye makes npc or player blind - their perception goes down
crippled arm - can't use two handed weapons

also, don't waste perk for "bonus ranged damage" if you want to be a sniper

correct me if im wrong
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:58:05 pm by likeyoucare »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #434 on: March 09, 2012, 04:59:05 pm »

Hmm but when i got 5 or more mercs i need to pay them more than 10k everyday.... (i hope its real 24h, not games??)
Its really much nowdays ;/
Also when those mercs camp with LSW's  and rocket launchers they will SUDDENLY kill everyone who enter, so they probably won't get any hit.... so there is no point to pay them (wiki says that only slaves will attack you when loyality reach 0)
What you think??

its every real life day not in game that would be to crazy =p.
depending on what mercs you have wont cost too much i use melee mercs for the lolz cost me aboutcost me about 2k every 4 days for 4 of them.
i suggest to save some caps for guarding base is getting some moonshiner slaves and give them rl's there decent with bgs and you can get 7 of them with 5 mercs of 7 rls is pure rape.
also mercs do attack when loyalty hits 0 i tryed and was forced to kill one.
Roaming the waste again.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 111

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.