"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 08:20:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Revolutionizing Faction Terminal  (Read 17763 times)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Revolutionizing Faction Terminal
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 04:40:44 pm »

You should not change characters and be a completely different player since all your characters serve one master, sounds hipocrit at least to me.
Huh, even if your chars are related to an account, I really hope other people won't know it... It's not hipocrisy, it's another way to play the game. For example, there is in my team some big roleplayer who play characters that I would kill on sight, and I never knew their name and wouldn't recognize him if I meet him in wasteland.
One of biggest probem for the RP in this game is that people mistake players with characters, which can prevent correct roleplaying.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2011, 07:49:12 pm »

No, it won't be possible for other players to check other account's players, on the other hand, devs will surely peek into that information:)
Also, we don't want to impose any limits for characters per account.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2011, 08:26:14 pm »

Huh, even if your chars are related to an account, I really hope other people won't know it... It's not hipocrisy, it's another way to play the game. For example, there is in my team some big roleplayer who play characters that I would kill on sight, and I never knew their name and wouldn't recognize him if I meet him in wasteland.
One of biggest probem for the RP in this game is that people mistake players with characters, which can prevent correct roleplaying.
So you kill your friends with others alts, because they are performing another characters, and you feel that okay?
i think i've lost some lessons about RP

Anyway RPs are very little in Fonline or are margined to certain alts.
what about:
--n00b PKs with crafting alts asking miserycordy in encounters with names like "GodGuy","CrafterMan",etc.
--Guys joining to many factions enemyes among between
--APKs with PKs alts, or viceverse
--PKs wich talk nicely with his other low lvl alts because they dont want to be murdered
--dozens, even hundreds of Farmers, Looters, Thiefs, Crafters, Barters, Taxis, etc. of alts that will not feel the vengance from the actions of the Master alt even if his only purpose is to serve the Master Alt
Is all that OK, isnt that hipocresy?

Also keep in count all the guys who kill people in encounters because they dont know who are they REALLY facing, isnt that a problem for RP?

PD: how is mispelled, hipocresy or hipocrisy,?lol  ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:28:50 pm by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2011, 08:57:16 pm »

Well Crazy is somewhat right, but Id rather see all chars of a certain player. Players shouldnt be allowed to hide under new characters and do things that they wouldnt do with known chars, players should face the consequences of their deeds.
Anonymization fuels trolling and mischievous wrongdoing.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2011, 09:06:20 pm »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=18073.msg149903#new
now i understand Crazy, but im still thinking that is better my idea, benefits are over the loss.

Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

JovankaB

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2011, 09:52:20 pm »

Well Crazy is somewhat right, but Id rather see all chars of a certain player. Players shouldnt be allowed to hide under new characters and do things that they wouldnt do with known chars, players should face the consequences of their deeds.
Anonymization fuels trolling and mischievous wrongdoing.

Yay for metagaming. Death to roleplaying!

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2011, 10:05:23 pm »

Id rather see all chars of a certain player

But then someone may just set up other account...

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2011, 10:07:09 pm »

If game accounts are tied to forum accounts, it wouldnt be so easy.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

JovankaB

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2011, 10:15:41 pm »

I have better idea - permaban all people who use many characters as one (in non-roleplay fashion).
Ban all metagaming powermonkeys who relog one second after they die in battle :[
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:24:56 pm by JovankaB »

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2011, 10:37:14 pm »

Ban all metagaming powermonkeys who relog one second after they die in battle :[
Relogging is old, now everyones prefer proxy.

(in non-roleplay fashion)
Why "roleplay faction" has to use alts? Could you explain it? And why normal players, who likes just to mine, etc, have to be banned because of that?

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 09:19:35 am »

Ok, how do you reconize a "normal" alt from a "roleplay" alt? This really makes no sense.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 10:33:40 am »

If you don't say "lol" and your nickname is Mad Max then you are a roleplayer.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 01:37:54 pm »

Ideas (related to gameplay)

Factions info:
 a) one era relation information:
 aa) number of registered alts
 ab) number of players visiting base

Reason: (prfemise = 1 faction could have more than 1 base)
 Every base could have 2 attributes
 1) max registered alts per base (related to base water source and water tank capacity)
 2) max safe enter and exits of base (related to fact that players should be tracked to their bases)

ad 1) if your faction would exceed the number of base capacity, you need to 1.1) fill the water tanks with additional water (water caravans team quest) or 1.2) buy another (tier 2, 3, ...) base with bigger source of water and bigger water tank capacity.  If not 1.1 or 1.2, your team would not be able to add another alts rights to visit this base

ad 2) if your team exceed number of safe enters and exists of the base, current base should be trackable by other players. If you exceed this significantly, base should be visible on base.

=> if factions wants to powerplay in fonline (more alts: more crafters, more powerbuilds, more members), they would have to focus on themselfs first, focuse on their bases.. they would not have time to start PKing in massive numbers in first few days after wipe..

also existing featuers could be reused in different way (who use caravan, if everyone have car? => you would need caravan to supply your base.).

At the ened of base hierarchy, i see world map visible faction base, with defences, walls, gates like (so relatively thief safe base), like on other servers (The Life After, Requiem).

Q1: How to avoid another faction abusing to avoid this water tanks, base visibility feautures?
 A1: a) high tier base with bigger capacity and less propability of unwelcome visitors = more comfort for faction members (=elimination of base restricions)
       b) factions with higher tier bases would get higher tier stuff from TC (or similar minigames), like on Requiem servers (=motivatoin element)

P.S.: I would like to see base very similar to The Life After base, where will exist zones where can enter only leader and important member (for save rare or hight valuable stuff, caps,), zones for basic members (and leader and i.m. too, of course), where you can save basic items for core members, and zone for newbies (and l, im, m too), for new members, to prevent stealing. I believe, that if you would have newbies in one place with core members, more players would continue playing and less would quit.

But if you would like this idea, dont forget about ergonomy of highest tier bases (1 or 2 clicks to enter members /newbies zones, max 10 hexes to leave the base on world map) = current vault base is worst than every other in this way.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2011, 03:17:07 pm »

If we end up doing everything via computer inside another computer, its like be ourselves inside of Fonline: staying everyday looking to our PC instead of enjoy the beautiful wasteland. There must be limits to what you can do via faction terminal. :P
This.

If game accounts are tied to forum accounts, it wouldnt be so easy.
How would you do this? (Even if it was possible to tie them together, it's still easy to create another forum account, right?)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2011, 03:25:03 pm »

It's not much a problem to tie them together. You just share the same database data. It will not make the creation of alternative accounts harder, though. But if you can have an unlimited amount of characters saved in your account, there really is not much sense in making more than one account.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 23 queries.