"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:03:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Looking for caps  (Read 21617 times)

Annoctatio

• To win someone, you first have to win yourself.
Re: Looking for caps
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 08:53:26 pm »

I hope not.

First of all this game can't become Pay To Play model or even Free to Play with microtransactions. It is a mod that uses copyrighted material therefore can't make money on it (many times said before).
Building on that your whole sentence is irrelevant. Doesn't even makes sense. You came up with this what you call "bullshit" idea of a caricature game model (called pay to win exaggeration) that only exist in your head. Going on from there you made a reference to a game you actually play to justify the reason for donating.

I know you will not understand what I just said but just try to think logically before posting because otherwise It just doesn't make sense.

Oh, maybe I made up a quite confusing and weird post. :D Sorry about that.

What I actually said: THIS GAME WOULD BE COMPLETE SHIT IF YOU HAD TO PAY REAL MONEY FOR POWER ARMOR basically. I was asking if anyone thinks like I do, that donating is purely donating, not buying. Donating is to give something without any requests or demands from the opposite person.

This is what they are doing right now. They accept donations but do not give anything back. It's excellent, and just how it has to be and how it is the best way.

I wrote a confusing message, sorry again. I just wanted a complete confirmation that this game will NOT become "Free to Play" or "Pay to Play" game, like World of Warcraft for an example. I quit playing it, because I did not like to pay for the actual game and some gametime.

Hope you forgive me for my confusing and obviously "hard-to-read" post. xD

I rage but I do not quit.

95% of people rage quit. Put this in your signature if you are the 5% who rage but do not quit.
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 09:07:35 pm »

[...]Luther, actually most of people are complaining about the lack of info about the progress of the long awaited update, sometimes it can be frustrating to take part finacially in a work you only know a little.

That's quite understandable, yes. It's nice to know what's going on, what's planned and which suggestions are being looked at etc (may also stop the same suggestions appearing every week). Looks like they're making steps to address this though, which is very much welcomed.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 09:12:59 pm »

The "we don't tell you what we're working on" schtick was originally created so that players don't whine all day on forum or discuss something to death which isn't even ingame yet. Seeing our community, I can understand why this path was chosen. As for me personally, I don't have much problems to share what I am working on, but then again I mostly do quest stuff, or sound/music and such, which isn't that much object to discuss thousands of pages about.

I do agree with scypior that there could be a tiny bit of more hindsight, but the recent blogpost was already a step in the right direction. I enjoy it much more to read about some backgrounds that are planned and how to develop them, than to see the naked point in our beloved to-do list. ;)

As for people trolling in here, it's always funny to see them crying over such minor stuff, dooming the server/game etc. but yet coming back and repeating the same old inanities like some broken loop. ;)
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 10:41:20 am »

The "we don't tell you what we're working on" schtick was originally created so that players don't whine all day on forum or discuss something to death which isn't even ingame yet. Seeing our community, I can understand why this path was chosen. As for me personally, I don't have much problems to share what I am working on, but then again I mostly do quest stuff, or sound/music and such, which isn't that much object to discuss thousands of pages about.

I do agree with scypior that there could be a tiny bit of more hindsight, but the recent blogpost was already a step in the right direction. I enjoy it much more to read about some backgrounds that are planned and how to develop them, than to see the naked point in our beloved to-do list. ;)

As for people trolling in here, it's always funny to see them crying over such minor stuff, dooming the server/game etc. but yet coming back and repeating the same old inanities like some broken loop. ;)

Even Hans did it!
This post is essence of behaviour of some mods/devs here. "We won't do anything, kiss our feets because we done server hurr,durr". I don't care too much about blog, but about developing. If there is no even list what are plans or what currently devs are working for, and not even date of wipe (soon isn't an answer). Things to do are also- they are plans that will be "soon" (in unknown future). About server doom- you know 150 people online when half of them are bots/multis is not good score...
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 10:53:15 am »

"We won't do anything, kiss our feets because we done server hurr,durr"

You said that.

Anyway, I think that this, and the other points were made here many, many times, I don't think anything new can be said in this regard. No need to repeat yourself, we will address many issues one way or another, but not because of that witty demotivational poster.
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 11:21:26 am »

You said that.

Anyway, I think that this, and the other points were made here many, many times, I don't think anything new can be said in this regard. No need to repeat yourself, we will address many issues one way or another, but not because of that witty demotivational poster.
If those propositions were many times, so why no one made anything about it?
That qoute was just describing attitude of some people here (not, everyone, but units) and this time I will quote classic "It is fine as it is"

P.S I wanted to modify Surf's avatar to facepalm, but after second thought it would take too much time for me
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 11:28:46 am »

If those propositions were many times, so why no one made anything about it?

Ah, sometimes the easy stuff is the most hard one, sometimes it's hard to put everything together, oh damn, many, many factors. Not necesarily stubborness, you know;)

P.S I wanted to modify Surf's avatar to facepalm, but after second thought it would take too much time for me

Oh c'mon, let's put an end to this. Direct attacks do not make *anything* better.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:31:41 am by scypior »

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2011, 09:58:27 am »

We're almost there! Only couple of euros(~10) left. C'mon:)

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2011, 11:39:48 am »

It should be ok now.
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2011, 11:52:10 am »

Oh, damn. Thanks!
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2011, 12:20:31 pm »

And now , make wipe  ;D ;D ;D

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2011, 10:09:29 pm »

I would like to donate but its not an English and I don't know if it accepts debit cards. BTW is it true that when your speech reaches 200 you are banned? How does speech go up?
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2011, 10:24:04 pm »

I would like to donate but its not an English and I don't know if it accepts debit cards. BTW is it true that when your speech reaches 200 you are banned? How does speech go up?

Need to change it some day. Well, it depends of the card I guess, for debt cards sometimes you need to activate additional 'internet payments' service. At least that was in my case in my bank.

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 09:34:33 am »

Got good news (depending on what you've expected):

We've extended the rental period for next 3 months, got ~9e left, let's enjoy it a bit more and hope for a wipe!
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2011, 05:54:26 am »

'hope'. More like welp.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.