"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:04:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Flame Thrower Build?  (Read 2235 times)

Flame Thrower Build?
« on: August 09, 2011, 12:14:36 pm »

I know this is a silly build but what would it be? ???
You fail to pick the lock.
Re: Flame Thrower Build?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 12:47:01 pm »

Maybe critical BG tank. Stonewall, tougnes, better/more crits, brof.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 12:51:52 pm »

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 12:58:55 pm »

prohraju

I like that build makes since all but docter, i would make it outdoorsman ^^

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 01:58:59 pm »

Sadly in the game the only "good builds" are BG minigunner or a SG sniper, everything that isn't that is considered "nooby" ... Sadly.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 02:02:16 pm »

Sadly in the game the only "good builds" are BG minigunner or a SG sniper, everything that isn't that is considered "nooby" ... Sadly.

This is totally wrong. Rocket builds, plasma builds, LSW builds and laser builds totally have their place.
But anyway, yeah, the flamer is useless, too low range and not enough punch. After wipe with improved pyromaniac it might work though.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 02:11:19 pm »

This is totally wrong. Rocket builds, plasma builds, LSW builds and laser builds totally have their place.

I play from a week or so and I've never seen anyone who isn't a bluesuit that isn't a sniper or a BGer, only seen one Energy weaponologist

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 02:15:17 pm »

...After wipe with improved pyromaniac it might work though.
I don't think it work after wipe even with improved Pyromaniac perk.
It's like same problem with HtH/Melee.
Enemies can shot you far away, but you need move close and close to enemy.
But with HtH/Melee you can easily made superb tank which can stand some bullet rains (Like 10EN, 2x lifegivers, 2x toughness, Stonewall)
And with BG you need some other perks like Brof, action boys..
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 10:02:42 pm »

EvilKhan you've played for a weak havent seen a few builds so that means they don't really exist? Please play more then speak about what is "nooby"
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 10:35:12 am »

Ok, I made a char and leveled him to five, he is a tank/ flame througher. He is awsome against creatures (gecko mantis brahmin molerat) and very good against raiders and such! He will have trouble in the future (vs pk) but he is fun. This is a Build you might want to consider...

STR 7 - To hold Big Guns.
PE 5 - Sequence and Sight.
END 10 - Tank hp.  ;D
CH 3 - Need to be able to say hi to merchants right?
IN 5 - Sux that this build has awful sp.  :'(
AG 4 - Enough for a burst a round.
LK 6 - Enough for toughness.

Traits - bloody mess (for the fun scorched death) possibly small frame?
Tags - Big guns Outdoors First Aid

I realy like him :) :)   

PS The Ammo is REALY cheap or Very easy to make and the gun is an the same!!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:40:50 am by Caffeine »

SEGA_RUS

• Arbeit macht frei
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 12:29:58 pm »

try this ;)
Skype - sega_75rus
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 01:44:39 pm »

EvilKhan you've played for a weak havent seen a few builds so that means they don't really exist? Please play more then speak about what is "nooby"

Im not sayin' anything is nooby, but everyone else that I've seen IG sayes that its better to be a SG sniper/BG minigunner, otherwise its nooby. Personally I play as a guy with an assault rifle and its pretty hard to get close to the snipers/minigunners so i can point blank them, the only way I beat someone is I come by suprise.

Gaizk

• -40 5mm +1 Frag
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 04:53:47 pm »

I have a flamer build... mostly because they're very easy to lvl up and I wanted to do it for RP reasons....

First things firsts, it will only work in Turn Based, in RT as soon as they start running its over. Secondly, you need 2 Bonus move so you close in the distance, and so they dont get away easily, and 12 AP (10 Agi - 2 action boys, or 10 Agi - Jet, whathever rocks your boat) so you can burst twice per turn, 1 Better criticals, and as many More criticals your build lets you get (dont forget lifegiver and 10 END)

You will also need a regular drug cocktail (buffout, cigarettes, nuka cola, psycho), and even with all this, its a very very subpar build, mostly because pyromaniac is useless and, if you manage to get that close to someone, you might as well point blank burst them to death which is ways more effective

However I admit its a very very fun build, and considering that Ive managed to burst 3 to 4 people at the same time twice in a round, doing more damage than anything else in this game (save for a massive critical from a RL) it has its uses... Oh btw, this build is alot like a RL critical build, save for finesse and mad Perception, so might as well go a RL critical build and pull out a flame thrower every now and then. Oh and tbh I dont know why am I replying to this post... its not like the TC has a stash of hundreds of drugs to power up a PVP APE powerbuild, so.... EVILKHAN, for the love of wipe, stick to crafter-nooby builds until you have the economical sustenance to do this lame and unnecessary build...
I think it's much better now. It's strange to see how everyone is a millionare in a wasteland..
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 05:39:52 pm »

EVILKHAN, for the love of wipe, stick to crafter-nooby builds until you have the economical sustenance to do this lame and unnecessary build...

2 B honest I think games shuld be fun WITHOUT having to make 10023668249867429 crafter alts to boost ur main, I only play with 1 character and if im making a new one i ditch the old one and its damn hard playing "fair"

Gaizk

• -40 5mm +1 Frag
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 07:21:07 pm »

This game is way way beyond fairness, You dont need a single crafting alt but it does make life easier. Very well, if you insist on going kickass all the way, I wholeheartedly advice you to do a TB PVE build, and start farming Khan Raider encounters and the eventual Unity encounter, You´ll be doing way more caps than any shifty boring lame crafting build, but you will be risking your neck to PKERS alot more, so if you can live up to the challenge then by any means do a TB PVE build.

I think it's much better now. It's strange to see how everyone is a millionare in a wasteland..
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.