"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:33:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: RP roster (introductions)  (Read 2095 times)

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
RP roster (introductions)
« on: August 07, 2011, 06:18:44 pm »

Hey guys,
This is a thread for role-players to make themselves known to each other and to take stock in our numbers. I'm not sure if this kind of thread has been done before, but i'm pretty sure it hasn't happened recently and i am looking for a current tally of 2238's RP community with this thread, not who was around last year and who probably isn't anymore (however if you are taking a break from the game but are still watching the forum for an excuse to play again please introduce yourself here too).

So to kick things off,

Hi, i'm Jonny rust, and I'm a role-player.  Currently I am in Lag's Tribal RP as Gromu; Hunter, Trapper, Sherpa
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:45:17 pm by jonny rust »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: RP roster (introductions)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 06:26:40 pm »

Hello - Iam role playing since some time, you can find me grinding molerats on xxx alt, also you can see me in Matlese Falcon bar or Rawhide!
Just for kiddin - now real things.
Iam someway involved into Unity Project,(dunno if its on because some guys aren't online)
was involved into humanitary-role-play Village project - but it fail'd because of trolls.
For now Iam trying to role-play blind monk which is "very" intelligent, and sometimes travels to such places like SAD, Mariposa, Stables.
h

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 06:27:49 pm »

I think there is already a thread for roleplayers. ;)

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=17917.msg148694#new

Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 06:44:10 pm »

I think there is already a thread for roleplayers. ;)

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=17917.msg148694#new

this thread is not a role-play in itself, just for introductions. Besides RP should not be relegated to only 1 thread, it seems to me that RP's are already a minority in game, I hope this thread proves me wrong.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 06:48:49 pm »

Well, after all Role Play isnt a single thing, one may role-play a tribal, and there a Tribal topic. A Mercenary, and there Mercenary topic (with recruitment costs). A junkie, and here a junkie post (filled with "I need a fix"-like posts).
RP cannot be in a single thread for it's own nature.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 07:10:05 pm »

exactly,
consider this is an out of character tally of "our" numbers regardless of project or role, but thanks for the Link Senocular. I haven't heard much about the SOG, Even is doing some nice work it seems and I'll post there later.

Gaizk

• -40 5mm +1 Frag
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 07:45:44 pm »

Im gonna go ahead and drop this.

You are doing IT WRONG!.... Pker assholes will identify-eavesdrop or even join your little project and ruin it from the inside out. No, this is not the way, try to do it ingame and in a controlled way and you're more likely to succeed (or less likely to draw heat on you)

I would like to RP a bit, but after wipe... so yeah, sign me in if anything
I think it's much better now. It's strange to see how everyone is a millionare in a wasteland..

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 08:41:11 pm »

I haven't heard much about the SOG, Even is doing some nice work it seems and I'll post there later.
We are just a bunch of players who prefer to enjoy the roleplaying aspect of games that are suitable for it. We don't wear tags, or have goals (yet) beyond survival. Besides that, we are all new, learning the ropes, exploring possibilities. And in my opinion, someone who shoots you out there without a word still fulfills his role perfectly, and adds to the immersion of the wasteland. Actually my favorite in Fallout is that no matter what one does, it fits into the world perfectly. A russian speaking band of orcs is disappointing in other games, but here, a bunch of ragtags who mutter on strange languages blends in just fine.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 04:07:32 am »

Im gonna go ahead and drop this.

You are doing IT WRONG!.... Pker assholes will identify-eavesdrop or even join your little project and ruin it from the inside out. No, this is not the way, try to do it ingame and in a controlled way and you're more likely to succeed (or less likely to draw heat on you)

I would like to RP a bit, but after wipe... so yeah, sign me in if anything

once again, I am not trying to start a project here, I'm just taking stock in RP numbers to see how strong we are. I'll edit the original post to clarify though. But thanks for verifying that you are interested in RP :)

We are just a bunch of players who prefer to enjoy the roleplaying aspect of games that are suitable for it. We don't wear tags, or have goals (yet) beyond survival. Besides that, we are all new, learning the ropes, exploring possibilities. And in my opinion, someone who shoots you out there without a word still fulfills his role perfectly, and adds to the immersion of the wasteland. Actually my favorite in Fallout is that no matter what one does, it fits into the world perfectly. A russian speaking band of orcs is disappointing in other games, but here, a bunch of ragtags who mutter on strange languages blends in just fine.

Agreed! In fact PK's are usually great at RP until they start to talk ;)

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 11:35:16 am »

Agreed! In fact PK's are usually great at RP until they start to talk ;)
Actually I instantly and subconsciously translate 'u pwnd noob' to 'Ya had it shrimp' and so on.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 08:02:12 pm »

Actually I instantly and subconsciously translate 'u pwnd noob' to 'Ya had it shrimp' and so on.

then you have a gift

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 08:05:58 pm »

WWP, Unity Project.. involved by runboy93 in way or another ;)
But yeah looks like WWP stopped or something and Unity Project too, because i haven't seen Steve for while.

More RP projects please :)

Jackall

• This is a mean old world.
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 09:01:43 pm »

I'm up for some RP too.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 05:47:47 pm »

Always ready guys. Waitin for good ideas.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Gaizk

• -40 5mm +1 Frag
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 07:22:31 pm »

This isn't gonna end well...
I think it's much better now. It's strange to see how everyone is a millionare in a wasteland..
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 23 queries.