"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 08:11:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Private mines. I bought one, and this is what I found...  (Read 2016 times)

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
Private mines. I bought one, and this is what I found...
« on: July 17, 2011, 11:33:42 pm »

I was interested in buying a private mine, but didn't find really any information on the Wiki except for where to buy and how much they cost. So, I got some caps together and purchased one from the Junktown mine overseer. All the information The wiki on private mines is here -> http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Mines#Private_Mines

So, for 75k here is what I got:

Outside

Inside

Even though I bought it near Junktown, the private mine is located in the Redding area. Inside the shack there is a table with "Stuff" on it, that I can store items in. There is also a waterpipe outside, though I don't know if the waterpipe depletes or not since I haven't used it yet.

Of course, knowing that the resources would deplete I mined the thing until it was completely depleted, and saved all my gathered materials. The final count was 148 minerals, and 109 iron ore. This is NOT a HQ mine, just standard ore and minerals.

Other things to note are that it is indeed private. I had two friends tagged on me, and right next to the mine overseer when I bought the thing. They also traveled to the mine for the first time with me, and they do not have access to it unless I take them there. There is no way to give them access.

So, basically I have a really nice private area that cost me 75,000 caps. For mining, it isn't worth it for the price. Stick to the unlimited public mines. If you want an extra private area to store items or park cars, well, then the value is subjective and you can make that determination yourself.

Whether or not the location or number of resources available is typical, I don't know. This is just my experience, and I thought I would post it since there isn't much info on the Wiki about it.
Re: Private mines. I bought one, and this is what I found...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 11:54:04 pm »

Ah, and you can get your slaves to mine the mats. Due to a bug, they mine unlimited materials.
Just don't touch the mine with your own hammer and they will dig minerals OR ore forever, depends what they get first. And don't be in a faction with Bunker, or the bug won't occur.

Ah, devs, before you get to 'fix' this, why is the total cost of gathered materials lower than total cost of the mine?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:55:41 pm by Lizard »
Wasteland is a tricky business.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 01:08:23 am »

private mine is allways  near redding this is not new. in total you should be getting 1000 normal ores in all if you mine yourself.

why is the total cost of gathered materials lower than total cost of the mine?
you get a private place to leave loot near redding this to me is way worth 75k even without the ore's. its kinda a private base for loners. mine will never disapear like tent either.
Roaming the waste again.

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 01:37:47 am »

private mine is allways  near redding this is not new. in total you should be getting 1000 normal ores in all if you mine yourself. you get a private place to leave loot near redding this to me is way worth 75k even without the ore's. its kinda a private base for loners. mine will never disapear like tent either.

I got nothing close to 1000 anything.

It is worth the cost just for the extra place to store things, especially near Redding.  But, if it's bought only for mining... not worth the cost, is all I was saying. Also, I found no information stating that the location was always near Redding, so I was unaware of this.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:39:35 am by codave »

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 01:57:27 am »

if u need space to store items/cars u make tent for bramin hides - not spending 75k for ridculous pritave mine....
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 03:22:16 am »

I also think the mine is worth the price. It is (in addition to your tent) another safe place that can be used for storing stuff and parking cars. You can also leave your mercs, slaves, brahmins and caravan carts there without having to worry about thieves. You also get some minerals and ore, but that is not an important factor due to (guarded) public mines. There is a waterpipe too, that can be used to fill water bags. Your thirsty brahmins will love this place! :)

And just like a tent or a base, a mine can be used for organizing private events without the fear of some outsider(s) ruining it.

I use my mine like an outpost or a private base. And if a player also belongs to a faction, he/she can have three different places for storing stuff (plus shared tents of course). However, anyone considering buying a mine could just use an alt to make a shared tent and save 75k... But especially for honest loners, the mine is worth it. And for crafters it is not even that expensive. Just craft a couple of Brotherhood armors, sell them to other players, and you will soon have the 75k for buying the mine.

For me, the mine also has a feel of something special in it, because I had to work hard for the caps that I spent on it. ;) The buying experience was also quite a thrill, since I was walking alone in the wastes with 75k in my pocket trying to avoid random encounters and other players. Sealing the deal was quite a relief, and I sure felt a bit proud when I first saw my mine.

CaptOmg

• Killin' paladins.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 04:36:01 am »

Ah, I never knew you could get a private mine.

I might buy one when I have more caps.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 01:34:44 pm »

It needs to be fixed so the amount of materials you get out exceed the cost, but post wipe this should be the only way un-supervised slaves can be left to mine when you are not online - so it should be pretty useful.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Sheisserick

• Drugdealer - PM me
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 10:48:28 am »

Just don't touch the mine with your own hammer and they will dig minerals OR ore forever, depends what they get first.

I started out with mining 1 piece of ore, before setting my slaves to farm.. Mine is now depleated  :(
"Once you get locked into a serious drug-collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can!"

Implement Auctions in FLC banks
Endgame idea
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 11:21:45 am »

Would be nice if there was a very low chance to get a HQ mine instead of a regular one.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 11:58:47 am »

It needs to be fixed so the amount of materials you get out exceed the cost, but post wipe this should be the only way un-supervised slaves can be left to mine when you are not online - so it should be pretty useful.

Hooray for this, Solar!
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 12:55:39 pm »

Private mines are feature that is against developers philosophy. Buy your own place, spend time there, dont interact with other people.. it helps current state of empty cities..

Private mines should be visible on world map, with chance to get there. So the possesor of private mine would have to lock entrace, place there some mines, use there mercs to protect this are.

Work not for one player, but for a team (high lockpick skill, high traps skill, merc leader, miner...) for protection and even for break the defense.

Even if you break into mine, you would maximaly stole resources that have been mined, no need to mine there new res. So possesor would not loose all (mine), but only current portion of mined res.

This defence and breaking defence could replace the lack of team vs. team interaction elements.

Dont forget, that team could not be equal to gang. It could be i.e. Surf who posses the mine and needs help from Vedaras the miner...

Or it could stay as it is planned.. Place for lonely players with no interaction to others..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:08:47 pm by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Youpick1_2

• when bored complain
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 03:08:33 pm »

when i got my mine i oly used it to store cars random stuf and do some HQ mining because it is quite close to reddings i did alot of HQ mining that i think i made more than the mone cost me :)

and i have got more that 100 ores and mins and i havent even gone all the way in :D

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 09:43:04 pm »

Private mine is a complete waste of caps. You can take ur slaves at Klamath mine and let them there to mine and check every 3-4 hours on them. And if someone else is there with his slaves u can always kill him and his slaves. That's what I was doing way back . Then he don't come back...usually...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.