Author Topic: 3d Brahmin  (Read 13156 times)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: 3d Brahmin
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 09:45:30 am »
You are right, Luther, it isn't in-game, it's just a photoshopped picture. But seriously, the furry one really looks good!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2011, 09:59:20 am »
that 3D brahmin with new texture looks way to good to be 3D, it is like it is...2D
you did magic, by brother

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2011, 11:34:59 am »
I'll guess we should try to add that grain effect with shaders and not adding it over the texture itself. Else editing the texture later (if it will be required at some point) will become much harder.

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2011, 12:39:36 pm »
I'll guess we should try to add that grain effect with shaders and not adding it over the texture itself. Else editing the texture later (if it will be required at some point) will become much harder.

Great idea if possible. Also on textures it have to be done carefully to keep some details on top. If not shader, i suggest to keep two textures for each model in repository, one original and one noised.

(furry one isn't photoshoped, but rendered in 3d software - i still can't find my fo2 cd to check ingame :( )

anyone tested it ingame ?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:46:57 pm by baaelSiljan »
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2011, 09:47:30 pm »
Rigged and added a simple animation. Thanks again for the german trapper, WhiteTiger! Keep on doing the good work!

http://hotfile.com/dl/136148521/30996f0/brahmin.blend.html

Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 04:48:41 am »
You might need to add very little detail to the tail and belly of the Brahmin, you know... to make it look a bit more... cowish.... :P

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 04:30:38 pm »
Our aim is to recreate the original models as much as possible, and not to make creatures look like their real-life prototypes. So far, brahmin looks flawless, and it barely needs any changes.

P.S. Great work on the animation, Lizard.