Author Topic: 3d Brahmin  (Read 13149 times)

Offline Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
Re: 3d Brahmin
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 01:33:20 pm »
gonna try make some animations to this brahamin
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 01:56:27 pm »
I was just about to rig it, but now i can as well let it be. Godspeed, dear sir.

But we might as well cooperate, so feel free to PM me, Handyman.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 07:08:49 pm »
Will it look like option A or B  (modifer moth  modifer smoth), if it is now put into the game? Is there such a function in the engine or shaders like? Or should we add more tris, sites for the best result?
It'll look as B. It is also possible to interpolate normals for each pixel to recieve even better result, as I said I'll post something on it soon enough.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 07:38:02 pm »
Godspeed, dear sir. But we might as well cooperate, so feel free to PM me, Handyman.
Well i said i will just try.
I'm Kinda green in this stuff
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 01:17:10 pm »
from my own experience with 3d in FO2 (but I was making 2d sprites) adding noise or mozaic to textures make it looks more falloutish :) and fit better to background - simply it don't looks like a soap in sand, of course if You want to get similar effect. i've just played in home with this brahmin and noise, try it. (also cutting palette has nice effect)

did I say: great job? no? GREAT JOB ! :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:19:23 pm by baaelSiljan »
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 04:25:45 pm »
That isn't as easy as it would be with regular 2D sprites, as we have to use a shader instead of an edited sprite with your previously mentioned effects (noise, mosaic etc.)
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 04:32:16 pm »
I know that. I'm just telling about effects on texture for model, it makes surface of model to look more detailed and similar to fallout environment, and I speak about textures only - apart from shaders and rendering. Even when we started with 3d development and before I need to quit from project, I used it with success.
no Wez no fun...

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 04:36:24 pm »
I was always wondering why the 3d guys don't do this aswell (but then again, I don't have much knowledge about 3d modelling). Could you make a comparison picture of that Brahmin you mentionend? Good to see you back btw. :)

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 05:34:04 pm »
hi :) I was always there but silently like a ninja ;) (too much job ;) )

fast sketch:

(click to see better)

I dont know how it looks with diffuse in engine, but it should do similar trick. Thing is: fallout palette is lowered, so you can see pixels and every gradient is cutted, if we stay with shiny textures it looks strange in game.

original

noise and posterization
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:38:28 pm by baaelSiljan »
no Wez no fun...

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 05:39:24 pm »
It looks like it has fur... AWESOME!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 05:40:07 pm »
It indeed looks much better! As said, the grain could be a bit more visible, but I checked it on some empty desert screenshot and it looks already very good. And the best (for me) is, that I can do all this editing on textures for myself, yay. :P

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 05:54:42 pm »
yeah a little like a fur :D but You get a point what I mean and this is fast sketch

@Surf another fast sketch:

it really needs to be done well, but IMO FTW
no Wez no fun...

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 07:47:14 pm »
Very nicely done.

Offline Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 09:25:09 pm »
The furry one is in 3d?
Any bad thing i might have said, wrote or even thought about 3d might be erased now, if they are 3d.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 09:54:43 pm »
I'm not sure if that's an in-game shot, or a render/print screen from 3D program, pasted onto a screenshot as an example / sketch. However, even if it is the latter, I think it's proof enough that the technique should work.

I'd tried similar with one of my textures I was testing before, and though it wasn't quite as effective as this example, it pretty much seemed to work.