"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 08:01:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: List of other FOnline engine based games  (Read 36408 times)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: List of other FOnline engine based games
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2013, 05:40:52 pm »

Well, but thats... like... totally something else. FOnline isn't Fallout 1, there is no need to hack a multiplayer mode onto a singleplayer game.

But that's not my point anyway. Most MMOs are shit and I don't know any MMO without flaws that annoy the hell out of me. Hey, nobody did a singleplayer or coop game with the FOnline engine yet! Why not try to make one? To me, that seems more productive and useful than yet another FOnline server.

/Edit: Mind you, I am don't argue against AoP or something. I just think that working on a new MMO is boring and a waste of time, as an MMO is never finished... you will never have it done, always need to produce new content, etc.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:50:01 pm by Lexx »

Jenova

• Rise
    • FODE
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2013, 06:41:37 pm »

I agree with you on that. In my opinion the shining armor of the representation of the result covers the developing, which always is a tough task.
But people are always the same. So it won't change, unfortunately.
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2013, 09:18:48 pm »

What the hell was talking about clean sdk?!  >:( I asked few people which are MAIN PEOPLE OF FONLINE ENGINE for help, for creating new, clean repository which will be for that kind of projects as you were talking (coop, other gameplay servers) and NOBODY help me. All that shit about: oh its easy, just remove scripts a,b,c,d... blabla and you have it!

Skycast you said that making clean sdk is about few hours so why do not you do it and release public? Why everyone should repeat something few times if someone who already had did it can share. I can not understand! Maybe do you wanna pay for it? Get this $$$.

Everyone say there is not good servers because there is any developer, scripters who could help newcomers by tutorials, help with scripts etc. You do not nothing so I bet that in a few years, this game will fail and we nobody from "outside community" want to play.

Small community, not help, not good people oh god why...
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2013, 01:06:27 am »

Stop thinking about fonline community as a constant number of players. It *could* have much more players if there were any alternatives, but there are none. Many people who aren't satisfied with what 2238 is, and failing to find an alternative, simply switch to other games.

You can't expect to launch a project and think that it will suddenly mass out a player base on its own, first it will suck it from other existing servers. Thus you will split the community whether you like it or not, if you are that ignorant to deny it, I have nothing else to say.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2013, 03:02:43 pm »

What the hell was talking about clean sdk?!  >:( I asked few people which are MAIN PEOPLE OF FONLINE ENGINE for help, for creating new, clean repository which will be for that kind of projects as you were talking (coop, other gameplay servers) and NOBODY help me. All that shit about: oh its easy, just remove scripts a,b,c,d... blabla and you have it!

Skycast you said that making clean sdk is about few hours so why do not you do it and release public? Why everyone should repeat something few times if someone who already had did it can share. I can not understand! Maybe do you wanna pay for it? Get this $$$.

Everyone say there is not good servers because there is any developer, scripters who could help newcomers by tutorials, help with scripts etc. You do not nothing so I bet that in a few years, this game will fail and we nobody from "outside community" want to play.

Small community, not help, not good people oh god why...
Tell me,why did you even start your own FOnline project without any knowledge in coding or scripting?
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2013, 03:48:06 pm »

I will say why:
Not because i am greedy or something like this, for first i am thinking that cleaning sdk have good teaching moment and after this newbie developer will understand how all this shit works. And for second, wtf are you mean by clean sdk? for one guy it is just without russian dialogs/quests for second without maps, for third is empty engine even without main scripts...
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2013, 02:12:55 pm »

I will say why:
Not because i am greedy or something like this, for first i am thinking that cleaning sdk have good teaching moment and after this newbie developer will understand how all this shit works. And for second, wtf are you mean by clean sdk? for one guy it is just without russian dialogs/quests for second without maps, for third is empty engine even without main scripts...

It is without tla content I mean that is: no quests, maps, items, dialogs, only basic fallout stuff. I think not everyone want to repeat hunred times the same action.

Tell me,why did you even start your own FOnline project without any knowledge in coding or scripting?

I do not develop big game with full of scripts and quests.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2013, 06:39:02 pm »

What I've learned from my job experience as a programmer: If you don't know how a program or application works (or be new to the whole system or code language), you gotta painfully teach it to yourself bit by bit. The original creator of the program will not deny help, but he won't babysit you through the entire process of what you are doing, nor will he describe or teach his program to you bit by bit.

First it sounds like a dickmove from his side, but if you yourself have created things that you spend years on, you don't just wanna be a walking lexicon for any random dude either.

You need to learn how FOnline works bit by bit for yourself and not demand teaching classes by experienced people. So there is enough help, but they only can show you the path to the mountain, not piggyback-ride you to the top.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:42:30 pm by Andr3aZ »

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2013, 06:47:23 pm »

Help? FOnline? please... they expect you to discover everything yourself..

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2013, 07:39:45 pm »

What is missing is a real manual and a truckton of tutorials.

Jenova

• Rise
    • FODE
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2013, 08:25:47 pm »

I thought of creating a guide, but I don't have the time.  :'(

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2013, 12:09:56 pm »

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2013, 12:22:49 pm »

chinese history fallout.

I WANT IT. NOW.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2013, 12:26:13 pm »

looks great. cant really belive its based on fonline sdk! :)

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2013, 12:29:51 pm »

Do want
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.