"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 01:15:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: List of other FOnline engine based games  (Read 36038 times)

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
Re: List of other FOnline engine based games
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 06:50:22 am »

Just and Update, if you need info on Fallout Online: Australia.

Find it here
                            http://www.moddb.com/games/fallout-online-australia
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 06:02:06 pm »

What is current servers and projects?

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 07:00:31 pm »

A new server project appears:

www.fonline-aop.net

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 07:19:39 pm »

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 08:24:58 pm »

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 01:51:43 am »

Making something big takes time. We'll add stuff continuously. Hopefully we'll have something playable in a couple of weeks.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 03:19:57 am »

No love for TB in FOnline world... :'(
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 05:57:34 am »

I still don't get why everyone wants to make a huge online server. This will fail, I can guarantee this. Why not make a coop Fallout game for 2 - 4 players? Nobody did this yet; it would be something new, it would be A LOT easier to make, it allows for more unique and new content that would never work in a MMO game due to player abuse and so much more.

Take a city of your choice - like Phoenix - write down a Fallout campaign, then create it with a bunch of players in mind. Add a few scripting mechanics to create a better coop experience (dialog screen for everyone, all players are always in the same group, nobody can leave a location if not everyone is in the exit grid, player respawn on doctors or some other form of respawn to make the game less harsh if wanted, WORKING TURN BASED COMBAT, a skill system true to the original game - because the ultimate skill balance in such a coop game isn't as important as in an MMO, etc.), release it as full game to the public and it will be super cool.

If I had more time, I would start such a thing and not a new huge online server, which will suffer under not enough players anyway. Damn, this can even be released in chapters without any problem. Do content for 1 or 2 hours first to see how people accept it, then improve on the content and do more of it. In any case such a thing will bring more internet fame than YAFS... Yet Another FOnline Server.

Hell, I would even love to work just on a template game, which can be used by other people to create their own FOnline coop campaigns with not much scripting knowledge needed. Such a thing is badly needed, imo.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:05:54 am by Lexx »

Jenova

• Rise
    • FODE
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 06:24:25 am »

FOnline coop isn't much easier. It's still a hell of a work. But the people want to make their own huge projects to be better than others. They would, if they would work in great teams, and give it time. The best method to finish FOnline projects is good old step by step.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 12:50:08 pm »

Show me one successful example of a real CRPG in coop mode (with non-linear gameplay,
larger plot and many dialogs, not some action based hack n' slash like Diablo). Such things don't
exist and for a good reason. Every player has own pace of playing such games, and just adding
more people who want to do things their way with different speed won't make it more fun IMHO.

Cleaning up and making a version of SDK that doesn't actually suck would be interesting project.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:03:32 pm by JovankaB »

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 01:04:58 pm »

Show me one successful example of a real CRPG in coop mode (with non-linear plot and
many dialogs, not some action hack n' slash like Diablo). Such things don't exist and for
a good reason. Every player has own pace of playing such games, and just adding more
people who want to do things their way with different speed doesn't make it more fun.

That's why playing BG in cooperation mostly never happens though the game experience is rich and interesting. To me you're dreaming, Lexx ;)

I still don't get why everyone wants to make a huge online server. This will fail, I can guarantee this.

Your attitude there is surprising. Frankly, the answer is simple : because we don't have a decent one. Why would it fail, huh? That's your way of wishing us good luck? Couldn't you share your knowledge of the reasons why a FOnline server would automatically be a failure? Coming from a developer working on the oldest and the most known FOnline project, you seem quite desperate. Honestly, that's sad. Don't ask yourself why people try to launch their own game when you react like this...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:57:30 pm by Shangalar »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 01:13:27 pm »

Don't we already have RT only PvP oriented FOnline servers?

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 01:20:55 pm »

Ashes of Phoenix looks unique enough compared to what is available now.
Personally I think the more servers the better, if someone makes a game
too large to be playable with small amount of people, it's their own problem.

New servers can attract more people who didn't hear about FOnline or played
it long time ago and quit. If only the people who make them will try to advertise
them somewhere outside of 2238 forums :P
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:27:49 pm by JovankaB »

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2013, 01:28:21 pm »

From about 10 or more projects we have 2 (or perhaps 3 correct me if i am wrong) that are more or less successful one being TLA's successor Requiem and other being 2238. After seeing so many projects that became abandoned (or splitted into two and then splitted again) or weren't much of a success it's hard to believe in the new projects.

Imho biggest mistake large part of developers makes is they attempt to create "just like 2238 but better" server, instead of developing something original. AoP seems to be trying to go that original way, so good luck.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:30:07 pm by Mayck »
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 01:30:40 pm »

Cleaning up and making a version of SDK that doesn't actually suck would be interesting project.
What for? Create clean sdk it is work for few hours, anyway who cant clean sdk cant do anything usefull based on sdk  ;D

Imho biggest mistake large part of developers makes is they attempt to create "just like 2238 but better" server, instead of developing something original. AoP seems to be trying to go that original way, so good luck.
Wrong, "something original" will be interesting only for existing community because they bored of same sarvers/maps but new players come to fonline expect "canon fallout online" not some unknown shit with fallout graphics. I know it because this data was collected by me and few my friends in real life from guys who played fallout but never heard about fonline.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:36:14 pm by Skycast »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 24 queries.