"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 10:43:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Finding master.dat and critter.dat  (Read 2881 times)

Finding master.dat and critter.dat
« on: July 23, 2011, 05:36:38 pm »

So yeah, I downloaded the game and found out I needed some Fallout 2 files. So I buyed the game and installed it (Man, its old but its fun! :D)

The noob problem is that I have trouble finding the DAT´s in the game files. Can anyone help me?
Re: Finding master.dat and critter.dat
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 05:54:17 pm »

This files you can find in your Fallout 2 game folder. You need orginal F2 to play Fonline:2238.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:56:22 pm by Fleczer »

The Scars
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 06:07:53 pm »

This files you can find in your Fallout 2 game folder. You need orginal F2 to play Fonline:2238.

Thats the problem, I see no files. Only the game and I belive I buyed the original one.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 06:34:46 pm »

You shouldn't install F2 to find these files. Just open the folder with installation data (put the disc into the disc drive, if you have a CD/DVD version) and voila - here's these files.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 06:47:51 pm »

You shouldn't install F2 to find these files. Just open the folder with installation data (put the disc into the disc drive, if you have a CD/DVD version) and voila - here's these files.

Right...it seems that it is not possible. I have the setup program for it but I still cant find any files (Oh, and its not disc, but buyed and downloaded form GOG.com)
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 06:49:27 pm »

Do you have any .dat or .7z or .rar or .zip files in your Fallout2 folder at all?

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 10:42:41 pm »

I bought mine from GOG.com too, all the files are there. If you still cannot find them, just use the search function provided by Windows.

My path to the files look like this: D:/Games/Fallout2/master(or critter).dat
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 11:21:57 pm »

Dont worry, found em :D
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.