"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 07:23:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fallout 3 is multiplayer now!  (Read 5474 times)

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
Fallout 3 is multiplayer now!
« on: July 15, 2011, 03:47:07 am »

Hello :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABAdvg4vRuI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABAdvg4vRuI</a>

Unfortunately now it support hosting servers only on Windows (like FOnline ;P)

http://www.vaultmp.com/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:51:32 am by jan0s1k »

Triskaidekaphobe

• Fear the number 13.
Re: Fallout 3 is multiplayer now!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 04:53:06 am »

I'll have to check this out with my friend sometime. He and I always wanted something like this to come out.
It's also compatible with New Vegas which is fortunate.
Thanks for showing me this.  :D
In-game: Sober Barfly

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 10:24:17 pm »

It seems the server is quite dumb-ass and only blindly copy/paste positions and orientations. I mean just have a look how does the second player warp all over the place.

Ok, it's early version, but I'd hessitate to call that usable.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 01:23:18 am »

Very early, Recycler says hes only worked on it for a couple months (hes taken a LONG break since the first time he mentioned it) and So far, hes doing progress pretty fast. Faster then what I've heard of the oblivion multiplayer mod anyway. I've tested VaultMP a few weeks ago with a friend. Build 123 I think it was, It was hilarious xD. I'd walk down to the lil town down below Vault 101, then I hear a random "Hey There" then turn around, Theres the second player character, then he disapears just like that LOL. Freaked me out nicely. I Read that the Chat system bit is coming up next :D or its already out, I have to check again... Theres no VATS or Inventory implemented yet (The Pipboy is off your arm at the start, and your wearing nothing). But its still interesting to try out.

Fizzle

• *Inactive* - Working on a Project.
    • Fizzle's  dreamland of  exploding teddies.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 03:15:36 am »

wow thats not to bad, i wonder how bad it'll lag cause of all the info. already in the games.
For those about to die I salute you with Honor and Respect.
If your going through Hell keep on going, no shit i dont wanna be luciphers bitch.
*Accused for tent raping when inactive* - Great.

Triskaidekaphobe

• Fear the number 13.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 03:35:08 am »

It seems the server is quite dumb-ass and only blindly copy/paste positions and orientations. I mean just have a look how does the second player warp all over the place.

Ok, it's early version, but I'd hessitate to call that usable.

As you mentioned, it's an early version. I'm sure it will be developed further or at least to the point where the animations are almost as smooth as in single player. Might take a while however, it seems like a very ambitious project.

barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 11:24:57 am »

It is for New Vegas too.

CaptOmg

• Killin' paladins.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 01:25:50 pm »

Does it work if you have a Fallout 3 in steam?

Triskaidekaphobe

• Fear the number 13.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 02:22:14 pm »

Does it work if you have a Fallout 3 in steam?

As long as it's the right version and it's uncut, then yes.

arathhunter

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 08:59:54 am »

As long as it's the right version and it's uncut, then yes.

actually.... I think he said that it doesn't work with the steam version. As he listed it as compatable with
-Fallout 3 (Minus the German Gore cut version)
-Fallout: New Vegas (Steam)

Not exactly how he said it, but thats how he listed it.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 08:21:48 pm »

FOnline: New Vegas

what not to love?

arathhunter

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 12:21:02 am »

Sounds great lag, Really :) Though the way its going to work is not how Fonline is like, instead its going to be like SA MP (The GTA San Andreas Multiplayer mod incase people don't know). Which means, that it's up the to server makers/scripters/etc. to have which features in the game, and good news, eventually it'll have mod support ;D, So you can have the Real Time Settlers mod in a server, or you could just simply remove all non-useful NPC's in towns and make all rooms/houses relockable for living in perposes.  Course, none of this is implemented yet. But from what I've rounded up so far from being in the forums and such is that. And I can't wait for it to be finished ;D,

I played/tested the latest build with a friend of mine here a couple days ago. Even though most things around us werent synced (damage, npcs, the other player shooting/hitting) It was still pretty awesome with seeing the Inventory working almost great so far and how synced the movements were. Course, it wasent perfect, sometimes the game would make him equip things that he wasent wearing when we passed through Cells (rooms/towns/the wasteland), though he did have the armor in his inventory, to fix it all he had to do was remove and re-equip the armor he was wearing, Also sometimes when my friend was close to a rail, he was standing right at the edge on the other end of the rail. Not completely perfect syncing I know, But so far Its still amazeing. And what I hear about the next build, Its going to be more synced better. I can't wait!  ;D

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 12:16:22 pm »

I played that with a friend . It was good but the animation don't sink and the VATS is not yet disabled.

arathhunter

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 02:59:57 am »

I played that with a friend . It was good but the animation don't sink and the VATS is not yet disabled.

I thought that VATs was already disabled, I couldent use it while testing it, and i've done the VaultMP at least 5-6 times with diffrent people, Couldent use VATs in a single gameplay.

Also, Syncing is going to be greatly improved in next update, its mentioned in the preview post and is going to be out at the 20th (2 days from now)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 08:44:28 am »

how about VATS don't stop time, it will be a better game
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 22 queries.