Poll

I say:

Hands off!
- 18 (45%)
Away!
- 2 (5%)
How about Redding project?
- 9 (22.5%)
Why town control in not enjoyable like before?
- 3 (7.5%)
I like fair duel 1 vs. 1 and the case, when just after my victory another 10 people spawn near the grid.
- 8 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Hands off! - New Reno  (Read 18726 times)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Hands off! - New Reno
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2011, 12:42:23 pm »

For the last 4-3 days until wipe? Well I think that is a bit hard :P
Still not sure if wipe is exactly in 3-4 days though.
Hmm.. 30/08/2011 makes sense, because it has been year when server got last wipe.
Let's still wait month ;)
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2011, 02:50:43 pm »

For the last 4-3 days until wipe? Well I think that is a bit hard :P
Still not sure if wipe is exactly in 3-4 days though.
Hah! I don't know how could it even occur to you that wipe will be in the next 3-4 days. I believe it's gonna be yet another few months - that's more likely.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2011, 07:47:27 am »

I mostly just hate it when they either

A.  Go to another town in full pack with this roleplaying characters....  I mean, it doesn't really make sense to see a mob of mordinos in a place like BH afterall.

B.  Relog on their other characters right after they get killed...  I'm not gonna bother mentioning names.

or

C.  Bring overly high tier gear considering their roleplay.  They're already a horde of cripplers, with....  Ew for god's sake which is also awfully backward for their RP.

Other than that fuck all.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2011, 09:18:01 am »

All that you explained them doing is powergaming, except going to BH (guess there's reason for that aswell that we could argue over with 100 posts). Roleplaying without powergaming in this game is handing out free stuff and dying all the time because the ones who oppose the roleplaying use powergaming tactics. So either you get blasted by everybody and then there's no roleplay because you're dead all the time and without items. Or you fight back with metagaming methods with the tradeoff that your roleplay suffers. Or you roleplay in some private place with hand picked people but then the public can't participate in the activity.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2011, 10:37:19 am »

Hm I should drop post I think to show a way that could work out.
Lets put Mordinos back to small guns gather 10 non Mordino char with whatever gear and weapon you wish they are not Mordinos just hired guns who are there for the promsed wealth that they will get if they kill of the enemies of Mordinos.
I think it would work better and could be justified easier and let things closer to the original Fallout where Slavatores head the energy weapons.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2011, 06:19:54 pm »

All that you explained them doing is powergaming, except going to BH (guess there's reason for that aswell that we could argue over with 100 posts). Roleplaying without powergaming in this game is handing out free stuff and dying all the time because the ones who oppose the roleplaying use powergaming tactics. So either you get blasted by everybody and then there's no roleplay because you're dead all the time and without items. Or you fight back with metagaming methods with the tradeoff that your roleplay suffers. Or you roleplay in some private place with hand picked people but then the public can't participate in the activity.

agreed.

RP projects pop up a lot and most of them fail right away since they are just a few underpowered players trying create a dialogue based project with minimal means to defend themselves against an organized group or a few lone powerhouse characters. As soon as one of these projects emerges publicly they are A. told they will fail by much of the community and B. promised they will be targeted with raids to facilitate failure, which usually ends in a bath of RP blood. fine.

When an RP project (however loose the term may be) surfaces that can actually withstand these kinds of raids all of a sudden the raiders are up in arms about it, screaming that it's "not fair".

Well since when is the wasteland supposed to be fair? Isn't that just the opposite of the excepted wasteland motto? you know, the one everyone shouts in unison when its not their own ass getting death rained down on it?

I don't bitch and moan all over the forum when a retarded ape with a LSW mows me down for no reason, just because I decided to make a char that isn't 100% PvP and ended up RPing in the wrong place at the wrong time with a few other underpowered folks. Thats just the way it goes, and frankly I feel insulted when people who spend their time exterminating anyone they see start to complain about their own insignificant death here, and even worse start insinuating that there should be what? Rules? against gangs in Reno? what the shit is that? What are you expecting this thread to achieve? You think you will talk them out of it?

It doesn't matter if the Mordinos are good, bad, RP, PK, PvP, EW, SG, BG, gimped or powerbuilds. All that matters is that they are there, and if you don't like it then bring your own army and kick them out, but please stop whining about it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:21:32 pm by jonny rust »

« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2011, 06:59:15 pm »

frankly I feel insulted when people who spend their time exterminating anyone they see start to complain about their own insignificant death here, and even worse start insinuating that there should be what? Rules? against gangs in Reno? what the shit is that? What are you expecting this thread to achieve? You think you will talk them out of it?

I would even say, its funny as hell.

Dont forget roleplayers; You got to fight, for your right, to roleplay!

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2011, 07:07:28 pm »

I would even say, its funny as hell.

Dont forget roleplayers; You got to fight, for your right, to roleplay!
And they quite fight for it xD

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2011, 07:46:27 pm »

Yes, making SG cripplers instead of EW cripplers is such a major difference, despite the fact having ew mordino is practically destroying the roleplay because there is only one faction within reno with hands on ew and that's the salvatores.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:48:09 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2011, 07:56:24 pm »

Yes, making SG cripplers instead of EW cripplers is such a major difference, despite the fact having ew mordino is practically destroying the roleplay because there is only one faction within reno with hands on ew and that's the salvatores.
Then just use imagination and change words "Mordino" to "Salvatore"!
or
It's 2255 now in FOnline, who knows what could be changed, may be Mordinos > Salvatores and started to co-operate with Enclave and now have thier light bringers! Since Jet is uncraftable, poor Enclave need supply for thier PvP apes and Myron, who's under control of Mordino, is the only source!

Jescri

• TTTLA
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2011, 08:04:06 pm »

A.  Go to another town in full pack with this roleplaying characters....  I mean, it doesn't really make sense to see a mob of mordinos in a place like BH afterall.
B.  Relog on their other characters right after they get killed...  I'm not gonna bother mentioning names.

or
C.  Bring overly high tier gear considering their roleplay.  They're already a horde of cripplers, with....  Ew for god's sake which is also awfully backward for their RP.

A. You are just mad to be killed in BH by Mordinos.
B. You are just mad to be killed in BH by TTTLA.
C. You are just mad to be cut in two parts with an EW shoot from Mordinos.

My solution -> try to play better  ;D :-* :-*
[My signature was too big, like Jescri's dick]

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2011, 08:09:13 pm »

There hasnt been a time Mordinos have killed me without getting killed.

In other words... everytime i've showed up at their door me and my mates have won.

So uh... all you saying right now is bullshit. :)

Only tttla have won battles.

p.s.  nyan troll again?  Try to be more original next time before you troll jescri.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:10:47 pm by Michaelh139 »
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2011, 04:54:11 am »

I agree with RavenousRat completely, this isn't a closed book where if you want to roleplay you have to follow the story to the letter completely, times have changed and if you actually take the time and effort to participate in the roleplay you may find out why these Mordinos have acquired this high tech weaponary. Players should be able to create their own story (revisit a story and go through it) or continue a previous story in this game and not just say "awww Salvatores are meant to have energy weapons gtfo crap roleplay", At least these players are doing something. It might be a bit difficult to roleplay with them if they shoot you on sight or you shoot them on sight for what ever reason but if you manage to join in the roleplay then you will be able to understand what is going on but if you choose not to then its your problem, go and make your own roleplay if you think you can do better. - This is just some of my thoughts on RP.
It's not expected of players to be in character all the time and a player shouldn't just be restricted to Virgin street because he had Mordino in his name and he occasionaly rped there.

If you wan't to just fight, kill players and not roleplay then thats fine, I love to do that as well its one of the great aspects of the game, I get killed too when I am defenseless and I don't mind one bit but expect me to come back and punish you. If you can't handle many players on your own then bring some of your own friends to even the score, otherwise come back at another time.

I would also like to add that roleplay can be purely textual and weapons, clothing, location and player name are not required and are completely optional but when they are factored in it adds greatly to the roleplay experience and these Mordinos have chosen to use energy weapons and tied in a story with them but you will never understand what it is unless you participate and ask questions to them directly.

If you want to have a battle with them or anyone else then thats totally fine but dont come back crying and whinging after you opened fire on them and they fought back or brought backup and you got what was coming to you. Get some friends in game with you and settle your beef ingame.

Its really saddening when people who haven't made a single attempt or effort to role play try to hate on someone elses roleplay and then tell them how to do it.

Ofcourse you might get killed straight away for no reason but every one knows this and if they don't stop then fight back or leave, its a feature and risk of the game.

But this is all just my opinion ^^ Wastelanders have a choice to do what they want :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:02:06 pm by Simon »
Keep your head down, your eyes open and your mouth shut.

avv

« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2011, 10:04:33 am »

There hasnt been a time Mordinos have killed me without getting killed.

In other words... everytime i've showed up at their door me and my mates have won.

That's because you catch them off guard while they are just hanging around inside. I've fought them too and it's easy to jump on them but after that they come back re-armed and organized.
In organized pvp you only go inside unprotected towns when you either wanna camp, attack or start a tc timer, there's no such thing as hanging around in virgin street because that gets you killed.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2011, 08:56:02 pm »

That's because you catch them off guard while they are just hanging around inside. I've fought them too and it's easy to jump on them but after that they come back re-armed and organized.
In organized pvp you only go inside unprotected towns when you either wanna camp, attack or start a tc timer, there's no such thing as hanging around in virgin street because that gets you killed.
Actually when we defeated mordinos once they came back re-armed and organized and we were just standing around the virgin street and we still beat them back...  twice in fact if I remember correctly, I remember two counter-attacks.  I was a semi-tank so I would always try to take most of the aggro and died :(.  I honestly can't remember specific weaponry but it was all in tier 2 or above for both sides.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:58:29 pm by Michaelh139 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 25 queries.