I not like
- 2 (28.6%)
Dont know
- 0 (0%)
I am here just to troll
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: account system IG  (Read 1691 times)

account system IG
« on: July 09, 2011, 06:04:42 pm »

i know everyone has been talkin about this.

and you know ill be writing same s...t again, but there is a little 'candy' in  the suggestion.

1. you register your ingame account with your email... whenver you wanna play, you have to login with your email (and custom game password of course)
2. when youve logged in, you have max 2 slots of characters to play (cant create new builds more than two & cant play other people's characters unless you know their email and game password)
3. wheres the candy? well, there should be "unlockable" awards... which are really hard to gain, but will never get wiped even if wipe happens (characters get wiped, but not your account with awards)
4. awards are such as +1 more free slot for new character (3 max chars) for playing in game 100 hours for example.
5. "this can be still abusable with multiloggings and other things" well, if theres awards which are hard to gain, theres no point to register emails to play with few computers same time (unless few people play, not one). secondly, you cant log into mail (Ingame) with two computers (itll say "youre already logged in") this will prevent multilogs atleast... or make them harder.

any more ideas?

EDIT: READ THIS: as ive said that it wont allow more than one computer to log into game account (email&custom password), it will nerf dual logging and prevent fast relog, how fast relog? well, the server will check which computer is signed with email, and it will check when last character was logged out, so, you cant have copied exe (yes that works too sometimes) or hacked exe work anymore. (new feature: you get timer which tells you when youre able to log into another character, so you will know surely when youre able to log in to other one).

NEW EDIT: this account system should have hard gainable rewards, which for you would wanna keep account, lets say... you unlock somekind of game achievemt, all of your characters unlock new crafting recipe (when 3D era is done) for example, elegant suit and hat seperated. OR those elegant suits can be sold for example in new reno, but, with your achievements, you have recipes(or skills or schematics, whatever) to dye them into another color[required: elegant suit & white dye = white elegant suit, etc], wasteland cant be bad if its more colorful ;) because clothes stay clothes.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:23:30 am by Haterade »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
Re: account system IG
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 06:17:00 pm »

::)

We sure need account system, but your vision of it just makes account management frustrating. Why to force people to have only 2 slots ? Everyone will make make more accounts and if restricted, they will try to bypass it by any means.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 08:01:07 pm »

with unlocking achievemts you get one more slot.. (depends how many slot awards devs would wanna put).

why frustrating? your email would be stored in your client. you just have to type password, then you can freely choose which character you wanna play.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 08:10:28 pm »

Got a suggestion for said unlock that would make it so i wouldnt just have.
Accounts 1+2 with unlocks lets say cmbt accounts
As many crafting alts as i want and not bother with unlocking stuff.

The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 08:44:25 pm »

Like getting a free email address could cause any problem ...

With current crappy bases/factions system, you need to keep at least one "leader" to add/remove dudes from terminal per one base. And that's just one of many cases where alts are, well, a must.

Account system could have use in registering nicknames people like to keep, and to prevent trolls from stealing them.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:46:05 pm by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 09:28:20 pm »

Optional accounts with achievements could do the trick. If you want to gain some advantages - use the registered account, if you don't want to - use the unregistered account and get no advantages.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 10:34:44 pm »

Optional accounts with achievements could do the trick. If you want to gain some advantages - use the registered account, if you don't want to - use the unregistered account and get no advantages.

but then again... dual loggers will rule the wasteland... everyone who has internet, has an email too...

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 10:52:32 pm »

Account system could have use in registering nicknames people like to keep, and to prevent trolls from stealing them.

We were thinking about something along those lines.

Also, no limits - if the gameplay itself is prone to alts, no account system will help and thus shouldn't be used to fix the problem.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 01:19:22 am »

no this isnt about destroying such thing as alting, but to limit it... i like idea when someone wrote (too lazy to check) that combat characters should be limited and crafters chars should be unlimited, but theres bad side, its impossible to script... but, im not the boss here, so you devs, yes you, can increase character slots for accounts... lets say 1 main and 4 alts...

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 02:20:19 am »

no this isnt about destroying such thing as alting, but to limit it... i like idea when someone wrote (too lazy to check) that combat characters should be limited and crafters chars should be unlimited, but theres bad side, its impossible to script... but, im not the boss here, so you devs, yes you, can increase character slots for accounts... lets say 1 main and 4 alts...

Solar already stated there shouldn't be need for crafter alts next wipe, or at least less. Limiting number of chars is pretty lame, if it's to abuse a game mechanic, it will be done anyway, but it will prevent and annoy regular playing (I have something like 8 combat chars (*main char*) different). Why shouldn't I have 10 different chars, some with different RP?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 08:41:53 am »

Well personally I have only one combat char didn't made him lvl21 he started to bore me beside shooting and killing he can't do anything else and that makes using him boring. I prefer mixed chars.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 09:07:46 am »

"unlockable" awards... which are really hard to gain (...)
such as +1 more free slot for new character (3 max chars) for playing in game 100 hours
lol'd

Did you mean '10,000 hours' by any chance?

beside shooting and killing he can't do anything else
1. Make him use mentats
2. He can do everything now
3. ???
4. Profit

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 11:21:41 am »

100 real time hours is not that easy to gain, for hardcore fonline gamer it can take more than week, for regular it can take a month. but if youd like, it could be 200 hours then.. pfft

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 11:53:30 am »

Yes i want system like this.
I want decrease number of those multiloggers :(

Also after this people can be peace from my base rape actions which makes me sad :(
100 hours is too easy to get (I play mostly 15-18 hours fonline a day)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 12:16:52 pm »

BRILIANT!!!!!

i was thinking to sugest something like that with max 3 chars/ player, but some sort of acount IG award system(where rewards are new char slots) it will be aweeeeesome!!
so lets say after 10 awards you have a new slot, than at 30 awards other one, then at 60, then at 100 etc...

but still, there are some brothers that play FOnline, so the 1 PC 1 acounts is a no go, but logging in with other acount will require 10 min cld(same as char change)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 24 queries.