"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 07:53:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "Nice" game you got there.  (Read 3953 times)

"Nice" game you got there.
« on: July 05, 2011, 04:05:22 pm »

Hello,
I've recently started playing FO2238, and so far, this is what I figured about the game:
1) You'll die countless times for no apparent reason ( some guy will shoot you at a town, then die aswell, but he doesn't care ), you'll die because someone pushed you and you died from "toxic waste" in a middle of a town with nothing around you.
2) The community = 8-12 year old kids who cannot talk english AT ALL, instead of a simple answer to a question giving you : "EXIT THE GAME YOU SKINKY MOTHERF****R"
3) You'll waste hours to get some caps off brahmin SHIT just to have it stolen later, or.. by randomly dying like I stated in #1.

So that's about it, correct me if I made a mistake somewhere, and untill next time.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:07:53 pm by Enirox »
Don't run, you'll just die tired :S

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Re: "Nice" game you got there.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 04:12:51 pm »

Stay out of NCR. Try Hub for the beginning, less crowded but also less "trolled" city.

Precious things keep in your hands (weapon slots), they are invisible for thieves this way.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 04:44:20 pm »

You will die countless times leveling up in encounters from random pk's , you will die few times when you discover what is militia , when you will get a car your car will get stolen( possibly you will get killed he stumbles upon your car and waits for you to come back for extra loot) sooner or later , you most probably will get tent raped and die( don't ask what is it you will see ) sooner or later , when you see a timer that someone is taking a town if you enter you will die , if you shoot someone in a guarded city you will die , you will die when some random pk's will work together to shoot you in gaurded cities one guy 1 hex bursts you and other loots , eventually you will stumble upon RT or TB encounter traps and will die , if you decide to mine minerals and ore you will eventually die , when you will decide to trade or use merchants in unguarded cities if you don't die in the first times and you think it's relativly safe you are wrong you will die if you keep trading there , if you decide to level up near towns you will die even more , if you will take help from any random players who offers help you will most probably die , if you encounter a player on world map and he says " peace ? " run or take the chance to die. I missed something ....... maybe.

I learned all that the hard way when i started playing , one advice find a faction to join and make friends or die even more.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:49:38 pm »

Ok but still... you loose all your items when you die, and most of those deaths seem to be ... random.. so what is this game all about? Trying to get new items after each death? I don't get it.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 04:55:35 pm »

All the things i have mentioned how you can die , it is possible to avoid all threats if you know how. This game is about the wasteland it's harsh you know ;D  I'm too lazy to explain it all even moar writing than that.

If you really want help you can PM me , i usually don't care about new players having a hard time but you could be an exception.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:59:29 pm by T-888 »

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 05:10:46 pm »

Check this it should help You a bit.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 05:21:20 pm »

This game is harsh and this is one of the reason why its so cool. Its not another "hello kitty" WoW clone.
U have to get know game mechanics, envoirment etc. After that u wont gona have big problems if u gona play smart.
First advice to u is to gather 10 bramin hides make urself a tent where u can stash safely all ur items. Be prepared that every single player u gona meet in game wanna killu/robbu/trollu/tricku its postapo wasteland , not a farmville.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 07:05:49 pm »

Be prepared that every single player u gona meet in game wanna killu/robbu/trollu/tricku its postapo wasteland , not a farmville.

Not everyone ...

But this fact they cant understand, so dont give up Enirox.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

avv

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 07:23:13 pm »

I dare to say that the regular majority of players who fill the server population counter are actually totally reasonable and nice guys. You just don't meet them ingame that often. And if you do, they either shoot or run away without saying a word. They are on their bases or wasteland doing their stuff or behind their alts minding their own bussiness. There's hardly anything useful in ncr so mostly trolls and newbs go there.

In swarm alliance that consists over 30 active players I never hear that they are in ncr or hub except briefly.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 09:09:02 pm »

Ncr is a good place not safe but a good one if you play it smart you can get free armors and guns all thanks to the sucide attackers. For safety well you can go to Hub and Junktown both are nice to live in. You can visit Vault city too if you plan to be a crafter it could be a nice choice (Gecko mine) though be prepared the mine is often under the hand of armed guys who like to shoot miners. Btw if you decide to live in Ncr or Vault city you will probably see me around quite a lot.
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 12:23:40 am »

Well, I set up my base near NCR, but I still cannot understand this game. What am I supposed to do at the moment? I am level 3, got some armor, SMG. I should just go around encounters and kill scorpions etc.?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 12:30:34 am »

Well, I set up my base near NCR, but I still cannot understand this game. What am I supposed to do at the moment? I am level 3, got some armor, SMG. I should just go around encounters and kill scorpions etc.?

Some people like to play solo (get high tier stuff and lvl 21 alone), but I am not one of them, so I will advice to find a team/friends to play together.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 12:31:09 am »

try to lvl up (molerats are best for low lvl), try to find some friends. Loners have a very hard life here (especially if they are new).
u can make money by gathering junk crafting BB ammo from it and selling in NCR (its 1000caps per 1 cooldown i believe). Mine some ore and minerals create ureslf some ammo for smg (its very good low lvl weapon - 1hexburst killing almost all mobs nearby). First of all google "fonline wiki" and read all. Then read all sticked topic on this forum.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 12:54:00 am »

Ok but still... you loose all your items when you die, and most of those deaths seem to be ... random.. so what is this game all about? Trying to get new items after each death? I don't get it.
I think you've nailed one major problem that's been around for quite some time.

While I don't want blame anyone, and want to be as polite as possible, I still have to say much of the design is horrible.
It's by no means bad game, it in fact is quite decent Fallout game, problem is however nothing so far is polished or even appear fair. Just for example most of humanoid encounters are sure death if you even attempt to fight back and don't try to run ASAP, not that much because of them having guns and stuff, this was true back in Fallout as well, however those guys quite prefer bursting or aiming for eyes, which gives you little chance to do what you could've done in original games.

Second flaw is the fact you cannot possibly do any encounters in Real Time unless you have vastly superior gunpower to your enemies (talking about fighting critters), or exploiting some game mechanics.
There is no way you would go shoot some people in realtime alone.

Bearing those facts in mind, this usualy leaves you completly in mercy of other players in wasteland - you need every piece of information, as well as manpower possibly.
While it does not look so, the wasteland is still full of nice guys, and the fact you have hard time to identify is quite nice feature of the game. However once you find them, it is not over, you're left to horrible interface, and loosing party or even assembling it is really pain.

If ever game is going to be more learnable and somewhat friendlier in it's interface part, you could get used to it's unforgivenes. To be honest even death that costs you so much can be quite fun if you see it comming or at least know why it happened and what could have you done.

I won't comment PvP because that is right now entirely on players to decide.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 05:15:11 am »

3) You'll waste hours to get some caps off brahmin SHIT just to have it stolen later, or.. by randomly dying like I stated in #1.

Never shovel brahmin crap. This "activity" is added in game just for lolz.
"Look this looser shovel brahmin crap"

And remember - caps and stuff is nothing. What's important for you - is to level up your char.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.