"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:58:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Old times  (Read 3940 times)

manero

• FO:Reloaded
Old times
« on: June 26, 2011, 03:08:18 pm »

Remember second season? I mean:

No crafting cooldown
No gathering cooldown
Easy farming
Fast speed on world map
No TC timers

What was wrong? Why devs decided to change it? What was the reason for that? :) Post your opinions.

avv

Re: Old times
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 06:04:01 pm »

No crafting cooldown

But we had cooldown for single metal part at one point. So after every metal part or gunpowder you'd have to wait like 5 seconds.

No gathering cooldown

But no use on feature on sledge. You had to use the drop down menu to mine and after 500 ores it broke your fingers.

Easy farming

It's still easy.

Fast speed on world map

Cheap!

No TC timers

Whats so special about this?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 07:13:46 pm »

Game was cool but not time-consuming. Now can be cool but its also very time-consuming in compare with the old one. So what was the point of this changes if game is not cooler than was and is more time-consuming? I dont see ANY progress.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:18:20 pm by manero »
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 07:47:37 pm »

You can call it time-consuming , i call it more challenging and reasonable that's " coool " for me , if easy is " coool " for you well you are a casual player. I couldn't tell it more simple
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 07:57:23 pm »

Time-consuming isn't "harsh" or "more difficult", but boring.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 09:01:14 pm »

Time-consuming isn't "harsh" or "more difficult", but boring.
Exactly.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 09:05:40 pm »

manero, if you don't like it don't play it

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 09:07:07 pm »

manero, if you don't like it don't play it
That's very Short-sighted.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 09:33:04 pm »

Cooldowns are there to balance things but turns out there are so many ways around them. And non-cheating guys suffer again. Back in WWP times we had a guy who tripplelogged and mined with all 3 chars at the same time. We told gms about him like 3-4 times, but the guy always returned.

That's very Short-sighted.

But sadly rather usual answer here to everything critical.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 09:48:53 pm »

Cooldowns are there to balance things
They don't balance shit. After wipe everyone is poor and naked but after few months cooldowns don't stop anyone from making BA carpets. If that's a case why make cooldowns in the first place?
guy who tripplelogged and mined with all 3 chars at the same time. We told gms about him like 3-4 times, but the guy always returned.
That's what you get for boring cooldowns. Instead of for example making ore weight much more so people would have to put some effort in mining (bring a brahmin) they set cooldowns that only piss people off.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 02:51:02 pm »

Instead of for example making ore weight much more so people would have to put some effort in mining (bring a brahmin) they set cooldowns that only piss people off.
I still remember 12-minutes cooldown between every piece of rock dig, non-cumulative. Now THAT was harsh. So I can say this
I dont see ANY progress.
is a false here. At least for "settlers" guys, like me :>

Wipe ago there was like 100.000 registered characters with average count 500 people playing. This gives 200 alts per one player.
Now there is 75.000 registered chars (my fresh alt made two days ago has ID 74114) with average 200 people online. This gives 375 alts per one player.
Now how dare you to speak about lack of progress? :>
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 03:17:08 pm »

This server has died for long time. Cooldowns, cooldowns and cooldowns for everything and everywhere are fuckin' boring and destroy gameplay. Cooldowns are good for usable skills but not for everything.

Cooldowns are there to balance things
Balance what? Cooldowns support alts - that's your balance.

I suppose someone must host old FOnline.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 07:08:16 am »

cooldowns is why i dont craft i craft 4 things then must wait another hour to craft 4 more things  >:(. waste my time. farming is faster and easyier. fallout is a combat game not a simulator of waiting to craft and gather.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 08:11:52 am »

Isn't 2nd season when everyone hang around Modoc instead of NCR? Those were good times..

avv

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 08:27:50 pm »

Balance what? Cooldowns support alts - that's your balance.

I never said they work. Their purpose was to limit and balance the ammount of stuff but it just doesn't work.

cooldowns is why i dont craft i craft 4 things then must wait another hour to craft 4 more things  >:(. waste my time. farming is faster and easyier. fallout is a combat game not a simulator of waiting to craft and gather.

Agreed here. I haven't crafted basically anything except some craft-only items like expanded lockpicks. It's much funnier, easier and less time consuming to farm encounters or pickpocket BoS, sell their crap and buy whatever usable there is in shops. I even got 2 farmer alts: mutant/sf farmer and raiders farmer.
Basically all my BAs are from pvp. All my buffouts, psychos, mentats and superstims are from reno or other drug shops.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.