"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • August 20, 2024, 02:03:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Nerf Maraurders  (Read 1062 times)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Nerf Maraurders
« on: June 23, 2011, 03:49:47 pm »

Maraurders are overpowered, they burst you directly or hit you in the head and knock you out leaving you no chance to escape
also they are near NCR, no other encounter is so annoying, so please nerf them by making them do no burst adn no aim shots

avv

Re: Nerf Maraurders
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 03:52:47 pm »

Why only marauders? Press gang or mercenaries is the same. Basically any running and shooting encounter can be equally deadly.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 03:57:35 pm »

do they burst you directly?
or do they stay right next to NCR
or do they knock you out whorse than crazies?

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 04:58:40 pm »

one thing I have noticed about marauders which I think may be unique to them is that they seem to act instantly. Most NPC's and critters wait for a second in RT battle so the player has time to fully load the encounter but I have 'woken up dead' a few times with marauders from a premature burst to the face.

that's annoying. 

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 05:00:54 pm »

Marauders are really over powered, imagine if they still have p90 >.>

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 05:29:15 pm »

Marauders are nice way to farm 10mm around NCR. Nerfing them will just make them equivalent to Regulators, which need a boost, and nerfing will just make 10mm even easier to mindlessly farm. They've actually nerfed Marauders at least twice, once with the HKp90s since it was too easy to farm, and now there is usually only 1 10mm SMG per encounter, the rest have 10mm pistols.

One thing I can say is to slightly change the location of them. There should not be any Marauder encounter on the tiles that are bordering NCR, they could be a little farther out, not right against the outskirts.

one thing I have noticed about marauders which I think may be unique to them is that they seem to act instantly. Most NPC's and critters wait for a second in RT battle so the player has time to fully load the encounter but I have 'woken up dead' a few times with marauders from a premature burst to the face.
Works the same for all encounters, it was either a bad combination of lag, or you want to think there is a problem.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

zamp

• Huff 'n puff all you want I ain't falling.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 05:46:49 pm »

that's annoying.

You probably went into someone else's encounter and they'd already left

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 06:58:08 pm »

Mostly I agree with Lagmaster, though I think the biggest problem with the Marauders isn't their power but just their adjacency to NCR. They're everywhere around there, which can be frustrating to poor nooblings who don't have enough HP to withstand a couple potshots or enough awareness to avoid them. The gangs and mercenaries and such around New Reno and San Francisco are tough too, but those are considered more 'advanced' areas so people going to them tend to be of a higher level. So just moving them would solve the problem, I don't think a nerf of their weapons is necessary.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 07:02:46 pm »

Marauders bursting you isnt a problem if you have high PER or Cautious Nature wich are needed for properly PvE fights.

I think that the real problem is:
-They have closer bursters
-They have pistol criplers

so his attack way is even more dynamic than the one from other critters (like Rangers or Patrols)

lol if the reason to nerf Marauders is: "NCR is a n00b hole" then i suggest to give to marauders more power, maybe 3 bursters per encounter.
Maybe the Marauders are jobing with the NCR government with the extraofficial asignment of kill the scum...newbies deads is only colateral damage.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:07:33 pm by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 08:09:01 pm »

yeah. moving them is the best solution
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.