"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 12, 2024, 10:03:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: A city where the newcomers are welcome  (Read 8705 times)

Re: A city where the newcomers are welcome
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 06:44:15 pm »

I think that the people the first spawn quest send you to should give you a similar quest to katjas 10mm quest as this teaches how to find junk/flint etc and how to craft. Which, other than party mechanics are really the only things you have to learn if you already played the fallout games.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2011, 06:55:14 pm »

It's not that I don't appreciate a bit more accessibility, but as said, such a town would be useless as new players wouldn't learn anything there. They have to learn it in the "reality".

Exactly this.

The only difference between this game and another MMORPG is that you actually need to make some effort to learn the ins and outs. A protected town would actually encourage rage quitting I think because they get to level 5 thinking they're great, take one step in the Den and get blown away.

In WoW for example the character is pushed through a number of quests which constantly tell him he's the 'Saviour of the Land'. All you do in essence is travel from one town to another performing the exact same quests under the banner of 'Saviour of the Land'. FOnline isn't like that. You're just another guy who happened to make it this far after the Great War.
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2011, 01:32:12 am »

Surf, you do bring up a good point that the learning curve is there.  And a town that teaches the basics of gathering and so forth won't increase people being able to survive in the wastes.  Sadly it has a lot to do with the fact that unless you're in a large gang or really lucky, you won't survive anyway lol.  I wish I had a better idea other than the ones already ignored in other places.  But at least people are trying.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2011, 10:01:23 am »

The only thing needed would be a NPC like Lorraine (was that her name?) from Boneyard in each of the starting locations. She basically tells you everything you'd need. If people still complain that they don't "get" the game then it's them to blame, and no "loss" as you've written here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.