"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 05:34:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Increase encounter rate for high level critters  (Read 5665 times)

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
Re: Increase encounter rate for high level critters
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 04:37:04 am »

s'not the case deja, i just have a weak character, i play with a doctor and his endurance is low, i had 4 mercs with me at one time but that does me no good when im dead after the first volley of gun shots from a 10 band raider group does me in 4 shots in and im dead + i just lost my mercs.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 04:40:31 am »

Guess you're just unlucky? When I run with mercs real time, they run at the enemies and draw fire and as long as I don't shoot first or move forward, I generally am not the target. I've done this bluesuited with no weapons and been just fine.....

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 07:32:01 am »

by largely broken i mean the only people that seem to be enjoying the ridiculous amount of enemies are people who have 200+ hp and CA MKII along with a complement of incredibly expensive guns. for any normal player running into a band of raiders is a death sentence, there is no way to escape battle even if your in turn based.
I have 100+ HP, I'm using combat shotgun and wearing combat leather jacket - I can handle myself with 8 raiders, which isn't easy, but possible.
I think the best way for you to see this would be to start a new character and just try to make it from ncr to modoc without dying.
And then, when you will get some xp and skil, game would be boring as Sims, because you will not meet any challenging encounter or even none encounter.

Catch me at NCR, I'll try to help you with the begining.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Aricvomit

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 07:56:08 am »

for the love of god, i was playing pre-wipe i probably know just as much about the game as you. No one seems to grasp the fact that its a situation that anyone would have trouble with. I have a lvl 19 character, my doctor happens to be like lvl 5 or 6 but the thing is his endurance is really low. I dont need help, im not doing anything wrong, i just think the encounter scenarios should be set on an average of characters levels, not just randomly waltzing into 10 raiders.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 08:22:34 am »

for the love of god, i was playing pre-wipe i probably know just as much about the game as you. No one seems to grasp the fact that its a situation that anyone would have trouble with. I have a lvl 19 character, my doctor happens to be like lvl 5 or 6 but the thing is his endurance is really low. I dont need help, im not doing anything wrong, i just think the encounter scenarios should be set on an average of characters levels, not just randomly waltzing into 10 raiders.
OK, I get it.
But notice this - I'm taking two 1-level players for do some hunting, I lead. I'm high level player, so we meet only large packs of Raiders, Centaurs, Caravans with Big Guns and bunch of Yakuza. What can beginner do with Desert Eagle or 10 mm Pistol, while shooting Centaur? Shit in pants, and throw this shit to enemys eye, causing critical-shit-hit? That's my point - our small group can meet as Geckos fighting Scorpions, as Raiders vs Junktown Scouts, and we can choose what to fight with, and what not.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 08:25:01 am by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Aricvomit

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 10:55:32 am »

to be honest its much easier to do quests to level early on, as long as you have a rounded out character, if your just a pvp character pve is the only option to start leveling because most pvp characters have no charisma making it impossible for them to barter or do quests or craft so they're pretty stuck in one roll.
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 07:03:50 pm »

Even with 1 cha and 2 int you can pop 2 mentats and do all the quests.

Aricvomit

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 11:10:31 pm »

Really? even convincing doc johnson to stop selling jet and the balthas brahmin quest.
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 03:49:24 am »

Balthas im too sure, I think you need 6 cha. As for stopping him from selling jet, why do that when you can get 2k xp getting jet from new reno?

Aricvomit

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 01:18:07 pm »

you can still do both, i have. you get 900 xp or something from convincing doc johnson and i you can still do the dangerous dan mcgrew quest, also rewards are sometimes better, with a 10 chr i get a sawed off shotgun every time i do the mister wright reno quest.
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 02:19:55 pm »

for me encounter system is great now. sometimes hard sometimes easy. and you cant make 437842237 ammo now because of some cooldowns on caravans. all what can be done to encounters is: buildings on the map(like farms, houses etc) : )

Aricvomit

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 11:41:33 pm »

yeah but you also walk around with a minigun 24/7, so of course its going to be easy for you.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.