"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:49:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mining with supersledge  (Read 1450 times)

Mining with supersledge
« on: February 07, 2010, 02:25:06 am »

Hey idk if it is possible to mine with a supersledge... never saw one  ;D but i tought about this...

Mining cooldown is pretty long(well if u got to gather 11 alloys it is) and i can understand it... from a logical point of view mining is hard... but if u use a supersledge to do it  :o since the hammer itself does most of the work would'nt it be good if it had a lower cooldown? It would even use one small energy cell / mining like normal use of it... well i think.

thats just a simple suggestion... but just a minute or 2 less then with a normal sledge would, imo, improve the need for supersledge and makes lot of people gather faster...

Oh and why can an enegy expert make all energy weapons but need to have 125% melee to make a supersledge?
Re: Mining with supersledge
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 02:48:43 am »

Oh and why can an enegy expert make all energy weapons but need to have 125% melee to make a supersledge?

1) Who said about energy expert? You can do that without any energy knowledge. ;p You just need 125% melee and 80% science.
2) And why just melee fighter need to put so much points to energy weapon to make super cattle prod? ;p
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 02:58:45 am »

ok, who talked about energy expert? well i did say it i think  ::)

i know u can make a suprsledge even if u dont have the proffession energy expert... i was just wondering how can i be able to craft a plasma rifle but cant figure out how to make a supersledge... but thats not the point... forget about the question and gimme ur opinion on the mining thing :D

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 03:27:38 am »

People will get Super Sledges pretty fast (stealing, killing others who are mining, bartering, bigger factions have their ressources anyway) so the old sledge will become senseless.
Don't get me wrong, I like your idea, but there have to be always reasons for some people to keep the "low tier stuff".

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 11:22:46 am »

yes it is possible to mine with it, just he doesnt have "use on" option, so you have to use it from your inventory. And i agree that you should mine faster with ss hammer :>

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 02:06:13 pm »

Faster? I'd rather say MORE, about 9 pieces.
The same could be applied for dynamite - blowing about 20 chunks of ore away, whose could be loaded on a teammates/brahmins/slaves.
Even if it won't be implemented anyway, since that would disbalance the resource gathering, i like the feeling of wallowing in a fantasy of seeing it implemented in game.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 12:47:37 am »

Yea i know it wont probably ( ::) ) be in game... but an amorer got the right to dream :D... and who knows maybe devs will find out that most of people gathering and waiting for cooldown need a lil help.

As for the :''people will get supersledge pretty fast and all'' well i gotta disagree... i mean it require 125% melee to craft one and as far as i know not too many character has melee build so... there wont be too many i think. There is just gonna be a greater need for it and people with melee character will have something to craft and selll like most of all others do. And just think about it for a second... knowing it reduce time to gather (or give more ressource i like that too  ;D )dont u think a supersledge price would make it interesting to craft/sell. And the idea of mining with dynamite is quite cool i think... i mean so far those only serves suicide bomber and those who craft em dont find any other use for em... so they blow themself up in the middle of NCR... if they could sell or use their product to gather lots of ressources i think there would be a market opportunity for explosives. Meaning less suicide bombing ( oh god i hear the celebration from here  :P )

Anyway thx for posting here guys. And feel free to let devs know that we want faster mining tool :D

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 03:24:11 pm »

would make the melee skills more wanted, and a high unarmed skill could dictate a smaller cooldown.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 07:36:24 pm »

I think this is a really good idea,and it makes sense too.I dont think you would ever have to worry about regular hammers becoming obsolete because it will always have a home with new players and others who cant afford a super sledge.Its just another upgrade,kinda like going from a primitive tool to sledge hammer.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 17 queries.