"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:19:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Armors vs critical hits after wipe  (Read 3251 times)

Re: Armors vs critical hits after wipe
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 03:18:33 pm »

Criticals arre OK, that is the reason why players play as snipers. If you remove criticals or lower critical chances, there would be less snipers and every player would play as BG, rocketeer... all characters would be the same...

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 03:27:09 pm »

Criticals arre OK, that is the reason why players play as snipers. If you remove criticals or lower critical chances, there would be less snipers and every player would play as BG, rocketeer... all characters would be the same...
same uhmmm you mean balanced oh noez :P

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 06:38:21 pm »

We already know stats on DR after change. It's still not known whether Sniper Rifle (or anything else) is going to do same or different damage, but you can be fairly sure that non-critical damage would still be way too low. The same applies to laser weapons as well, however you can note that they're exceptionaly weaker vs metal armors while somewhat better vs leather armors (though nobody knows what will you TC with).
Unless you think it should take more than 10 shots to kill one guy, criticals should be there.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 11:58:01 pm »

Critical hits are too often in current system. Almost 95% chance to get critical hit? Its like WTF.

Only when fineese sniper scores a direct eyeshot, which may be a bit tricky as most BG will have mad armor class after the update. Anyway, extremely high critical chance i required for succesful sniping and I see absolutely nothing wrong with it - as far as the critical effects aren't as devastating as they are now.

The only problem i could see is if it reduced leg/arm targeting by the same amount as aiming for the head/eyes and making it nearly impossible to critical against those body parts, as long as those values don't get reduced to non existence it should be fine.

It is possible that a critical chance penalty for wearing an armor will be different for each bodypart (actually it could be considered as a bug if it wasn't). It is plenty of work to balance it properly though. On the other hand, reducing a critical roll seems much easier and elegant solution, which would still grant snipers an essential critical chance along with a good, reliable damage multiplier instead of a lottery each shoot. Even a leather armor could give -20 to a critical roll which would assure 100% protection against insta kills and substantially decrease an efficiency of any other critic. If we reduce only a critical chance – the most devastating (and frustrating) critical hits will occur as always, just a bit less frequently, and it’s my opinion that such misfortune should happen only to non armored players.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:17:32 am by Elmehdi »
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 02:15:45 am »

I think having a 2 perks that cancel each other out is completely useless. So now we will have a "better critical" perk and a "lower critical" perk?

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 03:13:26 am »

With that logic wouldn't Lifegiver 10 cancle out BRD collectively?
To have a "Give me more health perk" and counter your "10mm smg bluesuit deathsquad-pro-elite-pk gank in protected towns".
power

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 01:28:05 pm »

After beginning to work on it, I think I will likely use both less crit chance and less crit effect. The reason being it is easier to make the different types of armour distinct from each other without just making it a sliding scale of "better".

I basically want to make it so Leather and Metal Armours are approximatly as useful as each other and form the main armours you will see in battle. To this end I've equalised the normal damage, left metal good vs lasers and increased the effect leather armour has vs explosives and flame. In a similar way I think I will have metal better at lowering crit chance and leather better at lowering crit effect.

Then there will be CA as a level above that and slight boosts upon CA for CAII, BoS CA, Enclave CA, Ranger CA (and unique abilities for Enviro Armour)

It is also worth having better critical perk and lower critical perk (or perks, traits and armours) becasue you then have an increased range of options.

better crits vs normal
better crits vs lower crits
normal crits vs normal
better crits vs lower crits

Options is the post wipe buzz word!
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 01:32:14 pm »

but if you think about the bluesuit itself... i mean, Critical Hits are too high for those. The beginner's (and other people) with low armor's will be ****ed up then

Ps. Solar, check PM
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 03:01:02 pm »

but if you think about the bluesuit itself... i mean, Critical Hits are too high for those. The beginner's (and other people) with low armor's will be ****ed up then

Ps. Solar, check PM

He just said leather armor will receive a good boost, most people can afford these. Also, I can't understand how some people can't even hang around in metal when we don't even loot anymore these metals cause we have too much of it. It's really not an expansive armor.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 04:54:33 pm »

With that logic wouldn't Lifegiver 10 cancle out BRD collectively?
To have a "Give me more health perk" and counter your "10mm smg bluesuit deathsquad-pro-elite-pk gank in protected towns".
Speaking of BRD, any plans to make it useful for single shots as well (eg. tactics version)?
"This is your forum."

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 04:23:56 am »

Speaking of BRD, any plans to make it useful for single shots as well (eg. tactics version)?
Single shots to be effective require 3D for reasons regarding animation speed.

in other words we need 3D for people to shoot fast enough for single shot builds to be effective.

At least afaik.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 03:37:12 pm »

Single shots to be effective require 3D for reasons regarding animation speed.

in other words we need 3D for people to shoot fast enough for single shot builds to be effective.

At least afaik.
It is fast enough, but I don't like getting 2/4 extra points damage when avenger will get 40x that much bonus from same perk.
In tactics it adds 15%/30% damage boost instead.
"This is your forum."

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 07:29:26 pm »

It is fast enough, but I don't like getting 2/4 extra points damage when avenger will get 40x that much bonus from same perk.
In tactics it adds 15%/30% damage boost instead.

Did it? Been a while since I played it, but the vault doesn't mention it.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fast_Shot

I was actually thinking of flattening out the damage boosts from crits and then adding a % boost to fast shot, to ensure fast shot was a better dps option and crits were made more reliable (as too much randomness seems to be a common complaint)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2011, 07:51:44 pm »

I hope you all talking about Bonus Range Damage and not Bonus rate of Fire, sometimes for some reason some people somewhat take BRD as BROF.
"This is your forum."
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 09:39:05 am »

Just don't forget about finesse pistol cripplers! They have shorter range then snipers, high AG/jet, and really need crits to have any chance to survive a BG encounter. Even with the critical system we have now it's very hard for pistol cripplers to compete.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.