"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 09, 2024, 09:32:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Where the void itself resides  (Read 2153 times)

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
Where the void itself resides
« on: June 09, 2011, 10:52:28 am »

Blue was on her knees in front of them. Damn those assholes, laughing at her, pointing their guns and spears at her head.
We'll have mu-mu-much f-fun with ye d-darling girl one of those... those things with a single tooth remaining in his mouth stuttered at her.
They slowly approach her...
What did I think about doin this job! Stupid! You don't go near this place the elders always told us. But the pay is pretty good... Well,
what should i do with all the money when im dead?

She looked around her like a maniac, death approaching one slurping step at a time.
Then she saw it, covered with dust. In a blink off an eye she pulled the rusty hatch open and dived into it, not caring what might be there.
Anything would be better than what those creatures had in mind with her.

With a loud crack she fell into something that felt like crates, even though she didn't feel much except of pain in that moment, shattering it.
She jumped up, her whole body burning from pain and her head spinning like crazy. Away! Away from here, she needs to get some distance between her and her pursuers.

In the dim light of the sewers she escaped to, there was not much to see, but enough to run.
Thousand thoughts of what kind of unknown evil lurks down here in the darkness shot through her mind.
Well better not run into a giant something...

She couldn't hear the slight sound around her.

After a while she stopped at a crossroad of the sewerage system and peeked into the darkness of the way to her left.
When she turned around to the right she was paralyzed.
Two glowing eyes stared at her. She couldn't see anything else, no body, no head. And there was no sound, like she was deaf.

With sheer violence she tried to force her body to move, to turn away and run but it was too late.
She felt a breeze touching her cheeks, so wonderful like the coolness of dusk after a hot day in the desert wasteland.
Then half of her head flew through the air, leaving the rest of her body standing there for a second, then collapsing to the ground leaving
these forsaken shafts in silence again.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:25:11 pm by Andr3aZ »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Re: Where the void itself resides
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:18:46 pm »

awesome Andy! keep it up

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 05:06:30 pm »

I liked it :)

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 05:38:54 pm »

Thanks guys! this is my first try on storywriting in a foreign language and I must say its pretty difficult to describe the story like you would do it in your native language.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 06:20:54 pm »

Thanks guys! this is my first try on storywriting in a foreign language and I must say its pretty difficult to describe the story like you would do it in your native language.

It's true, but for example when I first wrote Words in english and then translated to spanish after that (Palabras). Sometimes I find easier to "think" Fallout in english, it's strongly based on what used to be the American mentality, about the nuclear holocaust and stuff.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 06:23:01 pm »

It's true, but for example when I first wrote Words in english and then translated to spanish after that (Palabras). Sometimes I find easier to "think" Fallout in english, it's strongly based on what used to be the American mentality, about the nuclear holocaust and stuff.

Same goes for me. Fallout doesn't work in other languages for me, also writing stuff for it in english is much easier for me then to write it in my mothers tongue.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.