"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:51:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Question to developpers  (Read 10009 times)

Question to developpers
« on: June 05, 2011, 10:14:55 pm »

Lexx just told us on this forum that he would agree on big attack in town.

We will talk about it with the GMs, so they don't interrupt this anymore. Exception obviously is, if guard / ai abuse is in progress.

So why GM keep on stopping those attacks on secure areas?

http://rghost.net/9541141.image

As far as I can see, people say "guarded town == no pvp in there" ... which I find wrong. Just because there are guards, it doesn't mean there can't be any pvp. I'll guess people don't do any real pvp in there, because of two reasons:

1. Reinforcements in some towns are too heavy and
2. Chance to lose items is a lot higher, because you have to pwn NPC guards before you can pwn bluesuits.

At 1: Towns like Klamath or Modoc would have far less reinforcements than the NCR or Adytum, so it wouldn't be a that big deal. If you can take out the guards in the map, you might as well be able to take out the reinforcement troops.

At 2: Well, yeah.

In any case, just because a town has guards, it doesn't mean you aren't allowed to fight in there. If you can take it up with the NPCs, fine... Hell, nobody (Devs + Game Masters) would care, if now a big playergroup enters the NCR and starts taking out the guards and "takes over" the town in some kind of way. As long as no cheats / guard ai abuse (like blocking in doors) is done, nothing speaks against it. If we would want to have no players fight in these locations, we would simply set them to "no pvp" and you couldn't activate combat anymore.

and especially this one:

If we would want to have no players fight in these locations, we would simply set them to "no pvp" and you couldn't activate combat anymore.

=> could you tell this to your GM please.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:23:18 pm by Cryofluid »
TTTLA for a New World Order

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Question to developpers
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:30:49 pm »

I will add that after that we tried to talk with this GM on IRC, he wasn't responding our questions and was trolling us without any explaination about why he done this.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:37:27 pm »

I lol'd at your suffering but yes this is bullshit. :-\
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:55:00 pm »

All I see is a few slapped people, big deal.
I think Gorlak did wrong. He should send an army of ncr rangers to the mine and let them smash you all instead.
That's what NCR would do with your silly gangs.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:58:00 pm by JovankaB »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 10:57:43 pm »

He should send an army of ncr rangers to the mine and let them smash you all instead.

There is a feature for that. It's called "reinforcements", it's implemented, and it's not GMs jobs to do it, like stated by Lexx.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Astarot

• Damn ! WTF ! Why you die so easily !
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 11:02:43 pm »

I think Gorlak did wrong. He should send an army of ncr rangers to the mine and let them smash you all instead.

Yes exactly, it was more fun. ^^
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:07:48 pm by Astarot »
" Low stuff on my 'cause I was tired of loosing BA " Caled

" Stay calm tomorow will be better you'll see ! " dskpnk
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 11:04:26 pm »

LOL Same thing happens to Section 8 when they take mine. Welcome to the party!

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 11:09:38 pm »

All I see is a few slapped people, big deal.

Actually, it would have been ok for us, if we had been defeated by NCR army of this kind of thing, we expected to deal with such consequences. Instead we were just blocked and had to leave without any explanation.
We wanted to test if it was possible for players to take place of guards in a guarded place. Too bad Ahbobsaget is so shy he didn't want to explain us what we did wrong...
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments

Jinxed

• Former Drago. Now TSAR initate
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 12:33:13 am »

Hell, nobody (Devs + Game Masters) would care, if now a big playergroup enters the NCR and starts taking out the guards and "takes over" the town in some kind of way.
Specially interested in this one.
I bet this operation could give some info about bugz/whatever else.
Or not. Anyway point is not about it - I am really interested why GM decided to stop it?
The indulgence of our lives has cast a shadow on our world
Our devotion to our appetites betrayed us all.
An apocalyptic plight. More destruction will unfold.
Mother Earth will show her darker side and take her toll.

It's just another way way to die.
(c) Disturbed
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 12:52:54 am »

Does anyone remember when NCR was raided by all sorts of gangs and some wise GM decided to spawn invincible defenders? :>

So, jovi, was that you?  :)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 12:57:15 am »

Gms have been fucking with players alot today....   First this, then the server message "Death to ncr" Hoax.  multiple ncr cases of continuos knockdown and sprite changes.  :P
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 01:04:26 am »

Gms have been fucking with players alot today....   First this, then the server message "Death to ncr" Hoax.  multiple ncr cases of continuos knockdown and sprite changes.  :P
I like this.. keeps game interesting. GM's need lol's too you know. :P

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 02:12:56 pm »

LOL Same thing happens to Section 8 when they take mine. Welcome to the party!

No. Grid camping is still not allowed and grid camping was the only thing that Section8 was doing.
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 05:10:41 pm »

No. Grid camping is still not allowed and grid camping was the only thing that Section8 was doing.

And they should all burn in hell for that. Game abussers!

You know, why don't the mighty devs and gm's just make the "guarded zones" into "no pvp zones". What is the purpose of reinforcements anyway? Is like having a man that didn't eat for a whole week and then give him an apple. After that, tell him not to eat it because is against the rules. Of course the guy eats it and then you tell him how wrong he was and that he is a scum. All that, when you could just not have given this guy his apple.

Section 8 just tried to have fun. If something can be done, we try it. Simple as fuck. We don't cheat and we don't use codes. We did exaclly what others did before us and what others will do after we will be gone. The problem of this game is that it has to many things that "are not allowed" but can be done very easilly. The bigger problem is that these rules are bended and followed to a point only if the dev/gm had a good night sleep or not. Sometimes you can stay in an 2 entrances location, sometimes you can't. Sometimes you can bomb people, sometimes you can't. Sometimes you can leave 40 mercs in Geko mine, sometimes you can't. Sometimes you can have mutants on auto fire, sometimes you can just have normal mercs whitch make the exaclly same thing like mutants (sorry for this, they haven't "fix" it yet). And the list could go on forever.

That's enough, I'm ragequiting! I'll go in Hinkley.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 05:21:32 pm »

The point of fonline should be constant game balancing. Killing in the process attempts of take overs or whatever. I would even suggest attack leveling where a steps of levels above some threshold wouldnt allow to atatck lower level char. But what is here to speak when the moders( there  are no developers here! ) are raising 130 eur..... Pathetic
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 25 queries.