"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 09:32:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Make command to bring server status info  (Read 4127 times)

Rascal

• FOnline2!
Re: Make command to bring server status info
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 11:45:56 pm »

It doesn't matter if I like "PKing" or not, it is still a metainformation your character should not have access to. I'd also suggest to alter your tone.

i loled hard xD
check frontpage of ur forum buahaha do i have to draw it to u ?

just admit that if that suggestion would be made by some of ur german freinds its gona be like : "ok its good" or in another words made by non polish user
its all about that again and as i can see i should just get in "i dont give a fuck about this servers future" mode like other players and dont make any suggestions couse its pointless if even to that obvoius good, simple suggestion (not only my opinion others players in that topic too, without any no votes) u say no... ehhh simply sad

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 11:47:57 pm »

You do realize that the forum is a completely different medium then the game?

Reading your second part of the post.. And you wonder why you're not taken serious?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 11:49:28 pm »

You do realize that the forum is a completely different medium then the game?
That is totally beside the point.  We still have this information, we just want to have it more conveniently.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 11:50:58 pm »

u are still blind surf ?

what again?

i have to draw it to u ?

It is not cool. Really.

Constructive discussion brings better results in my opinion. Let's stick to the facts. I like the idea as it brings us simple and handy feature. I've checked counter on the website at least dozen of times and there were many reasons for that like chcecking if it's safe to visit unprotected cities, or farm in crowded squares, or just out of curiosity or whatever. I see nothing wrong in allowing players to check this in-game instead of some external source. Usually in mmos such info is given during chosing a world you want to play on. It's not some secret number, and it would be just a little improvement. I suppose it would be used mostly by dedicated players, not by newbies, but  it seems good enough to me.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 11:51:23 pm »

That is totally beside the point.  We still have this information, we just want to have it more conveniently.

Good, next we can take that suggestion to the next level, make threads and posts readable in the game, because it is more convenient?

@ firehand: Thank you. This is the type of constructive criticism based on arguments I want to see.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 12:02:17 am »

Good, next we can take that suggestion to the next level, make threads and posts readable in the game, because it is more convenient?
it is not pertaining to a post...  It may be on forum but it is Server information.  Btw if you wanna see constructive criticism you should start making more yourself when you post maybe as well?  All I am seeing is trololol.
@ firehand: Thank you. This is the type of constructive criticism based on arguments I want to see.

He basically just summed up what we said surf....  really?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 12:35:48 pm »

Surf is trolling :p A poll would be a good idea. Personally I guess a chat command could be added like "time" or any other way to not make it even more alt+tab game
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 09:19:41 pm »

A poll wouldn't change anything. If there would've been the need to make it displayed for the players (the mechanic is ingame since a while for Admin/GMs already) then it would've been done already.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 10:43:50 pm »

A poll wouldn't change anything. If there would've been the need to make it displayed for the players (the mechanic is ingame since a while for Admin/GMs already) then it would've been done already.

Surf, a simple question: Since the mechanic is ingame for Admin/GMs already, why dont allow everyone to use it with the press of the buttons +who, or +whosonine?
In World of Warcraft it worked quite well. And you shouldnt even make it for zone, just a general server status.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 10:47:48 pm »

Surf, a simple question: Since the mechanic is ingame for Admin/GMs already, why dont allow everyone to use it with the press of the buttons +who, or +whosonine?
In World of Warcraft it worked quite well. And you shouldnt even make it for zone, just a general server status.
Becuz:

It only brings more meta-information which the game not needs.  (Even though everyone has access to it through less convienient means anyways.)

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 11:03:04 pm »

And so? It's just something that helps player. You could see current time ingame by opening the PipBoy, instead you press ? (dont negate, i know you do it)

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 11:57:09 pm »

Bunch of people does not represent whole fonline community. There are plenty of ways how to check players online ( I use win7 gadget checker ) and still having 200 people online does not mean anything. You could have more people gathered at PK sites when theres 150 people online than when theres over 200 people online.

Also dont forget about this
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 12:34:06 am »

Well yes , i would very much like this feature i always pay attention to how many players are in game , if i see 120 players i can already predict it's not the best time to go find players , would be very nice if I could use a command ingame to see that.

It's a small feature , nobody is asking for more and all do respect being sarcastic at this " level " seems like a troll , i mean everyone has to obey the rules right ?

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 05:31:06 pm »

Bunch of people does not represent whole fonline community. There are plenty of ways how to check players online ( I use win7 gadget checker ) and still having 200 people online does not mean anything. You could have more people gathered at PK sites when theres 150 people online than when theres over 200 people online.

Also dont forget about this

I know, but atleast gives you an idea of the chances f being PKed, and should quite useful. I'm not forcing anyone to implement this, i'm just argumenting my idea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.