"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:45:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Strenght / handling weapon  (Read 1261 times)

Strenght / handling weapon
« on: May 25, 2011, 05:44:48 pm »

hi everyone!
i have question about handling weapon - if i have 6STR and i hold bazooka (require 7 STR) ,then how my skill (big guns) will be decrease/reduce?

20% ?

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
Re: Strenght / handling weapon
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 05:55:40 pm »

Yep, -20% per missing point of strength.

Oh also i think that it's -20% to chance to hit, and not to your skill. (so with a higher skill, you can nullify the strenght malus).

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 06:19:22 am »

Yep it reduces chance to hit. So you could compensate the malus with a higher weapon skill
or boost strength with psycho or buffout.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 12:20:43 am »

From what I've read I think most people go with compensating the -20% that a single lack of strength by simply upping their respective skill. Personally I think it's a little odd, I could be the best Rocketeer in the world but if I couldn't even pick it up... Ahh to hell with realism!  :)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 12:36:45 am »

From what I've read I think most people go with compensating the -20% that a single lack of strength by simply upping their respective skill. Personally I think it's a little odd, I could be the best Rocketeer in the world but if I couldn't even pick it up... Ahh to hell with realism!  :)

That make sense if you think about it. You are strong enough to pick it up (you can carry it in your inventory right?) You just lack some strenght to handle it perfectly, but if you are good enough with this kind of weapon, you can compensate this problem by a better skill to handle it.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 02:18:54 pm »

Well, you can pick it up, you can hold it, but think about the knock back and maybe the gun is quite heavy for you (6 strenght) but for a man with 8 strength it may seem very light. It's quite realistic in my oppinion.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.