"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 08, 2024, 04:28:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New trucks  (Read 6658 times)

Re: New trucks
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 03:45:39 pm »

The problem with these trucks is, that they have a different graphic style. They lack the hand-painted style that original Fallout graphics have and therefore look alien.

I think they could be made to fit. They're not so far off as they are. I think it's something in the lighting or colour that's making them stick out a bit. It's probably only a little tweak in photoshop to get them fitting nicely.

Hmm... So does 3d graphics have fit style with fallout 1 and 2 style?

We're trying our best to do so. I think the ultimate aim has to be for a 3D character to be able to stand next to a sprite, and it would be very difficult to tell which was which. Even if it's never perfect, we'll still try for "as close as possible". That final tweaking is some way down the line though - get it all working first, then continue to try and make it better and better.
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 04:10:30 pm »

The people working on them are trying their best to make them fit to this style. Your point is?

@ OP - why have you opened the thread in this forum here, when you don't provide any downloadlink? To show off? That you can do in other forums.

My point ?
The cars type hummer scout or buggie taken from FT, just does not match to this , and the 3D is just disgusting, and u will never match the sprites 3d with 2d it's just illogical. Most of people just don't want 3d because the game will loose the climate and many others, like critical hit when the flesh and blood flies around. So why not better to go other way and make the game more playable by adding some... world chat in pip boy? All people could talk to each other without problems (just better communication). That's my point.

the second
Why Ras opened the thread here? Let's figure it obout. Maybe he just wanted to show his work with those cars, and why u need this link to download this cars ? He is working on FO desert europe and wanted to show some cars with european style what u will be avaible to find there.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 04:19:01 pm »

My point ?
The cars type hummer scout or buggie taken from FT, just does not match to this , and the 3D is just disgusting, and u will never match the sprites 3d with 2d it's just illogical. Most of people just don't want 3d because the game will loose the climate and many others, like critical hit when the flesh and blood flies around. So why not better to go other way and make the game more playable by adding some... world chat in pip boy? All people could talk to each other without problems (just better communication). That's my point.

Ah yes, "blood flying around 'n shit" is truely what we need and should be first priority (it's not that there is already works done on particle effects, but shhh...) Also, yes for sure, it's better to scrap 3d completely and add a pipboy worldchat instead, truely this is a worthy compensation. It's also funny how you say it looks "disgusting" when it isn't even finished already. Ultimatively, no one forces you to play this game if you are utterly disgusted.

Why Ras opened the thread here? Let's figure it obout. Maybe he just wanted to show his work with those cars, and why u need this link to download this cars ? He is working on FO desert europe and wanted to show some cars with european style what u will be avaible to find there.

"Tools and Modifications" is not to show off stuff, but to share or request modifications with the community, thus the thread is in the wrong category.
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 04:23:18 pm »

Ah yes, "blood flying around 'n shit" is truely what we need and should be first priority (it's not that there is already works done on particle effects, but shhh...) Also, yes for sure, it's better to scrap 3d completely and add a pipboy worldchat instead, truely this is a worthy compensation. It's also funny how you say it looks "disgusting" when it isn't even finished already. Ultimatively, no one forces you to play this game if you are utterly disgusted.

"Tools and Modifications" is not to show off stuff, but to share or request modifications with the community, thus the thread is in the wrong category.

So if i will made hmm... some car by me and i don't want to share him because i get into it my work i cant' just even show him here ? It's a little weird. "Tools and Modifications" and i want to show my modification . Flash and blood  in 3d ? Please spare me.

I think better will be end this discussion cause is pointless.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:03:21 pm by Graf »

Ras

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 05:42:23 pm »

No one wrote me a link to the truck and no one wrote that he wanted to use them.
If someone asks then we'll talk :)
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.