"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 09:18:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More Functions for the Lock.  (Read 1105 times)

More Functions for the Lock.
« on: May 23, 2011, 01:43:09 pm »

I made my first locksmith character, and while I find lots of fun and cool things to do with locks and whatnot, I'm dissappointed that they cant be used to lock doors.  I was hoping to be able to keep areas off limits in my faction base wit the use of a lock, to no avail.

Or to completely lock off the gate to the outpost. Extra defense. Again to no avail.

If theres no reason why it shouldn't be implemented I think locks should be able to be used on the following:

Doors
Cars
Car Trunks

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
Re: More Functions for the Lock.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 01:58:19 pm »

I guess it's going to be implemented in some way. If you used search better you could've found it. But yeah no offense, not easy to find stuff with it.
Perhaps posters should be allowed to give threads some keyword clouds or something.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:59:55 pm »

what you tell would is ok, but it would stupid if someone could lock a trader in one town or another...
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 02:03:50 pm »

what you tell would is ok, but it would stupid if someone could lock a trader in one town or another...

True, but perhaps if guards guarded certain doors to make sure they werent tampered with. would prevent trolls from locking up the bank guy or something.

Also would be  interesting for town control. if some buildings could be locked up?
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 02:25:13 pm »

Also would be  interesting for town control. if some buildings could be locked up?

But only if there were restrictions that only chosen doors could be locked and still i can imagine someone being locked in a room for eternity or untill some GM appears ;)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 07:13:32 pm »

But only if there were restrictions that only chosen doors could be locked and still i can imagine someone being locked in a room for eternity or untill some GM appears ;)

Yeah, I can easily see how this CAN be abused. But if the proper precautions and measures are taken to prevent it, I believe it opens so many doors for locksmiths.  A whole new profession maybe?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 25 queries.