"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 05:24:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What is light  (Read 7944 times)

Re: What is light
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 04:43:15 pm »

But energy is matter
E=mc^2
The equation you gave means every matter has its energy, not that energy is matter.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 05:02:47 pm »

i think that light is energy that is transfered wireless

think of the plants and eyes, they work with light like it is wireless energy
prove. give any information.

Let the Force be with You.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 06:12:41 pm »

prove. give any information.
photosintesis(or how plants eat "CO2 and Light" and shits "O2")
yay, we depend on plant shit!!!

other example: don't you feel more energyzied when the sun hits you wenn exiting a cold building?

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 06:43:53 pm »

The equation you gave means every matter has its energy, not that energy is matter.
Got me there, didn't think anyone would spot it ^^
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 07:25:51 pm »

other example: don't you feel more energyzied when the sun hits you wenn exiting a cold building?
bullshit  ;)
also cryptonite give power to superman.
if u come close to sun u ll be sunmaster.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:32:01 pm by Who Killed Bambi »

Let the Force be with You.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 09:57:10 pm »

No, I do not.  I just feel hot and want to get out of it...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 10:46:09 pm »

Light is this stuff made out of photons and that makes it a really funny thing.
Why is it funny? Well for one we don't know if photons don't have a tiny bit of mass after all...if they do then light can't move with the speed of light.
Everyone knows there's antimater, so protons have anti-protons, electrons have anti-electrons and so on. But photons have photons, they are their own antiparticles.
It takes any photon 100 mln years to get from the core of the sun to its surface, and only 5 minutes to get from there to Earth.
The Univers started 13.5 mld years ago, so if nothing moves faster then light then the cosmos should be 13.5 mld lightyears across? Right?
Wrong! In fact it is way larger.
Funny.
About 13.7 is closer than 13.5. Also, it takes a little more than 8 minutes for light to get to Earth, not 5.

And that would be radius of the universe, not the full diameter. It would 13.7 * 2, or 27.4 billion light years. But really, those are all theoretical models - some scientists would say it is a perfect sphere, some would say it is relatively flat, some would say it is hyperbolic. Some would say the matter expanded in just 1 direction, not in every direction. You can't say that it is larger than the speed of light allows it to be, though.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:11:46 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 11:07:09 pm »

About 13.7 billion, not million.
Actually the mld. stands for milliard not milion. And milliard is term used for 109 in large part of Europe (and billion stands for 1012)
U.S. billion = milliard
U.S. trilion = billion
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:09:41 pm by Mayck »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 11:11:22 pm »

Ugh, I hate those stupid differences. Why can't it just be the same for all countries, like basic numbers. Fixed my post.
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 11:12:37 pm »

Ugh, I hate those stupid differences. Why can't it just be the same for all countries, like basic numbers. Fixed my post.
It's called Nationalism.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 11:14:15 pm »

Heh, just like how US is stubborn and will never switch to metric because so many people are used to imperial.  :-\

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 11:17:56 pm »

Well, atleast for the metric system, I find it pretty funny that almost every country uses it, but which one doesn't? *drumroll*

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/Metrication_by_year_map.svg/800px-Metrication_by_year_map.svg.png

:P

The same goes for the fahrenheit system.. Most of the serious scientists don't use it. Read, no america bashing intended. ;)

EDIT: Ninja'ed me! But nice that you agree. :)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 11:21:03 pm »

Well, atleast for the metric system, I find it pretty funny that almost every country uses it, but which one doesn't? *drumroll*

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/Metrication_by_year_map.svg/800px-Metrication_by_year_map.svg.png

:P

The same goes for the fahrenheit system.. Most of the serious scientists don't use it. Read, no america bashing intended. ;)

EDIT: Ninja'ed me! But nice that you agree. :)

Well We have been trying to implement the metric system for a while now....  But it just... it just never sticks to us.  I think it's funny how america is Black instead of dark red.  Overdramatic anyone? :D.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 11:22:32 pm »

The same goes for the system you yankees use for dates. Here in europe and for a big part of the rest of the world, it is "Day/Month/Year", starting from smallest, to the biggest unit. Why do *you* have to use "Month/Day/Year"? :P It makes no sense! ;D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 11:25:01 pm »

The same goes for the system you yankees use for dates. Here in europe and for a big part of the rest of the world, it is "Day/Month/Year", starting from smallest, to the biggest unit. Why do *you* have to use "Month/Day/Year"? :P It makes no sense! ;D
Becus we are Specials!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.