"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 09, 2024, 07:17:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: New Vegas: shit or not shit?  (Read 42859 times)

Re: New Vegas: IMHO shit
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 02:46:14 am »

Although to be honest I think we remember fallout through rose tinted goggles. There wasn't really that much dialogue, the combat system is half done and pretty simplistic and shit is pretty ugly.

Yeah, some of the dialogue, particularly in F1 is pretty poor.

You think you can come here without challenge?
This, the home of your deadliest enemies? We will
see you dead. I will personally tear your heart
out of your chest and eat it before my proud
warriors
- Garl

I represent a threat you don't even understand. Do you really
 want to risk our wrath
- The Vault Dweller

Oh Garl. You such a flat character. It reads more like generic medieval RPG dialogue than grungy badasses from the future.

And yeah, the combat past a certain level is just shooting the eyes the eyes the eyes. Hey, that'd kind of be like FOnline now, wouldn't it?

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 02:51:20 am »

The dialog-uber-ness from Fallout 1 and 2 is the way you can do shit. You have more than one way to get something done and this is the greatness in that many other games fail.

Problem is that many people fail for "the real thing". As example, some say that Fallout is 2D graphic and everything else is shit, etc.. but it's just wrong and stupid.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 02:25:55 pm »

I do not know why u people are hating on f3 so much, yes it was short , yes the story lacked some f1 and f2 story's, and yes Bethesda gave 2 % to f3  unlike oblivion which they gave 98% of them selfs and time, But still we have a chance to play our favorite game in the future, maybe our kids too. I was so happy when it came out, i thought the story was good,the graphics the world was shit, no random encounters, too easy or too hard, but it was worth dipping in the environment and tasting some f3 in a beautifull  3d world.   

So please stop hating on the game, if u hated it so much then why are u talking about it?

of course that they cannot make any 2d games anymore ..... no 1 would play them except  maybe 10000 of us.... if even that much, still not enough.

so it think its a good thing there making a new one.... hopefully by then ill have a good pc to run it :P
U were born to live.......But u die to come to me....

czzzzz.....up

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 02:29:53 pm »

Beautiful? The graphics in FO3 were ridicolous and looked like shit.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 02:55:03 pm »

\

HAAHHAA are u fuckin serious bro, i mean im not no high tech guy i rather depend and like old games till 2003 .... but if ur saying graphics and envirment were shit what world do u  live in? what do u think about lets say oblivion? same engine  what kind of game od u play maybe on pc it was shit but ps3 and xbox 360 was good for me, i dont know what kind of pc do u have hahaha or a ps 6 hahahaahahah

czzzzz.....up

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 03:01:08 pm »

Oblivion was not that beautiful too. Just filled with "teh bloom" and shiny things everywhere.
Everything that was in FO3 was just brown, everything. Than the ridicolous animations of the characters, the low poly textures etc. etc. Also, it seems that shadows were also bombed away bye the nukes in the capital wasteland. There aren't any shadows in the game (except those from the PC).
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 03:45:51 pm »

Oblivion was not that beautiful too. Just filled with "teh bloom" and shiny things everywhere.
Everything that was in FO3 was just brown, everything. Than the ridicolous animations of the characters, the low poly textures etc. etc. Also, it seems that shadows were also bombed away bye the nukes in the capital wasteland. There aren't any shadows in the game (except those from the PC).

Yea you are right about that, but maybe im just used to older graphics since i have a shit computer. every time i play newer game i wish they have shitty graphics so i can play it.... lol

czzzzz.....up

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 04:18:51 pm »

Yeah, it's all just smudgy textures and misplaced lighting.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 04:19:39 pm »

once upon the time, games were made with heart, they were hard, have great stories and atmosphere, but graphics wasn't so important...

now games look increadible, they are beautifull, sometimes it looks like real world, or even better, but there's lack of story in that and dump duplicating ideas. FO3 is very typical example of this.

hundreds of playing hours, but nothing special in gfx (and this games are still playable! I've spent 2 weeks on deuteros in december):

and games IMO for max few days (then be boring or ended):

summary: looking good shit is better than candies looks like shit
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:34:16 pm by baaelSiljan »
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

Reconite

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 04:21:46 pm »

FO3 is very typical example of this.
IMO no, Fallout 3 copped out on both aspects. The gameplay, story, SPECIAL, combat and graphics all pretty much sucked ass. The only thing that made it so popular is that it was so completely dumbed down and kiddy, full of "Rock-It Launchers" and "Fatman" mini-nuke launchers that kids were all over it, and that it was designed for consoles and extremely over-hyped.

Crysis is 2007, look at that:

The graphics in Fallout 3 are pretty shit for a Q3 2008 game.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:27:46 pm by Reconite »

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 04:25:45 pm »

yea execpt cryisis was being made for at least couple of years... and its a fps  hard ot combine a fps/rpg with those kind of graphics maybe stalker made it .... but the gameplaY IS pretty shitty

czzzzz.....up

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 04:52:00 pm »

New New Vegas info sounds great.
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 04:59:54 pm »

where You have found any more info? bethblog is quite and only saying "soon more info"
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

Reconite

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 05:01:15 pm »

New New Vegas info sounds great.
Agreed, but I'm still a bit sceptical on Area 51.

I'm glad for "hardcore mode", groin shots, geckos, smarter Super Mutants, Hoover Dam, Caesar's Legion vs NCR though.

@baaelSiljan: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Rumor:_First_New_Vegas_news_from_magazines_emerge

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 05:03:07 pm »

There is an optional hardcore mode, the character needs to drink water, ammo has weight, healing isn't instant etc.

Normal mode is more similar to Fallout 3 gameplay.

The storyline is focused on the New California Republic vs. Caesar's Legion (slavers from the east) vs. New Vegas residents.

You are not a vault dweller but are given a Pip-Boy by someone who is one.

There is a screenshot of a vault suit as well.

There is an assault rifle looking like the M4, as well as a new big gun with a backpack, held like a minigun.

There are special moves for melee weapons in VATS - specifically a move for a golf club called "Fore" which seems to be a groin shot.

The Hoover Dam is in the game and is supplying electricity to the city.

There is a quest to rescue a ghoul from some super mutants. The ghoul can then become your companion

The Geckos are back.

There are both dumb and intelligent super mutants, including the elite Nightkin. On at least one occasion you can convince them to fight amongst themselves.

Some super mutants look similar to the ones in Fallout 3, while others are new. There is e.g. a female super mutant with a 1950s hairstyle who apparently is one of their leaders.

Screenshots include a guy with a beard and straw hat, a ghoul and an NCR Ranger.

The only picture of New Vegas itself is concept art and not a screenshot.

Some location screenshots include a huge model dinosaur advertising a hotel, some satellite dishes, an array of solar panels

A character generation shot showing a "vigour machine" instead of the skill book

NCR base is the McCarran Airport, Caesar's Legion is based in the Vegas Strip, while super mutants are based in a place called Black Mountain.

There is also a town called Fremont and another called Primm. A topless reuve is mentioned as being in the latter. Area 51 also appears.

NCR Ranger armor is similar to a brown combat armor with sleeves, there are concept arts of a Ranger.

Skils have a bigger effect on conversation choices. E.g. someone with a high Explosives skill may be able to have a coversation about explosives where appropriate.

There is a Reputation system in addition to Karma.

First-person action RPG with the same engine as Fallout 3.

Set in the Mojave wastelands. Vegas didn't get many nukes. More intact buildings, as well as desert vegetation. Vegas itself is mostly intact.

You don't play a Vault Dweller (or descendant of one) but a courier, left for dead and saved by a friendly robot.

Vegas itself is mostly intact

Both karma and reputation are tracked. If I'm reading it right there's separate reputations for each of the settlements, as in 1 and 2.

All dialogue options are shown to all players, regardless of whether you have the stats to succeed or not, though there's no punishment for failure.

Bartering is not just lower prices but negotiating for better rewards.

Weapons also now have knock-back upon death, with shotguns sending people flying.

Followers can be managed through a context-sensitive menu, with orders like "follow", "stay" or "attack".

Goddamn it I'm getting excited.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.