"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 01:07:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Goon-Heaven  (Read 4196 times)

Goon-Heaven
« on: May 12, 2011, 02:52:05 pm »

Goon-Heaven is one of fonline servers I play on and sure could use some help ;)
I'm looking for players that don't mind Russian text and enjoy PvP and PvE.
Requirements are simple, headset or headphones/microphone, understanding English and lots of free time to play :)
We got mumble or you can pm me your Skype/windowslive.
Few screenshots just to peek in how it is:

Y0ssarian

• incredible
Re: Goon-Heaven
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:53:33 pm »

Are you a bro?
power

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 08:26:55 pm »

looks interesting
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 08:34:24 pm »

What's the actual difference between this and other servers(i.e. Requiem or TLA)?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 10:11:08 pm »

Annoying russian text is annoying.

Though I suppose I've memorized it all in english by now...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 10:16:01 pm »

Annoying russian text is annoying.

Though I suppose I've memorized it all in english by now...

So everything which is not in your mother tongue is now "annoying"?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 10:19:44 pm »

So everything which is not in your mother tongue is now "annoying"?
It's annoying that I do not know it yet.  And considering this, it would be annoying playing a game totally made of russian text.

So yes and no...  Because I do not know any other language than my own, but if I knew the language, I would not find it annoying.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 10:25:12 pm »

It's annoying that I do not know it yet.  And considering this, it would be annoying playing a game totally made of russian text.

So yes and no...  Because I do not know any other language than my own, but if I knew the language, I would not find it annoying.

I really don't want to provoke or anything, but isn't that a bit... Small minded? If, hypothetically, someone would make a game in suaheli, in his mother tongue, for other suaheli people, and then someone comes in and says "hey, you know, it's really annoying you don't make that in my language in the first place" - this sounds ok for you? :D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 10:30:54 pm »

I really don't want to provoke or anything, but isn't that a bit... Small minded? If, hypothetically, someone would make a game in suaheli, in his mother tongue, for other suaheli people, and then someone comes in and says "hey, you know, it's really annoying you don't make that in my language in the first place" - this sounds ok for you? :D
Well, for one, yes... it makes absolute sense.  If you cannot understand this language and you hear it's a really good game and you want to play it but cannot because of this then yeah it is very annoying and you should ask the developer if he can make a different languaged version.  Honestly converting languages isn't that hard especially if there isn't that much text and voice acting wouldn't be too difficult either because if it's a popular game you got the money to translate it and not only are you making this guy happy but your opening your game to a whole new set of people which = more $$$.  It's not small-minded at all, I do not see how it is.  It's simply annoying you cannot understand this language at the time, what do you expect a person to feel?  Ashamed?

Of course this is not a pay-to-play game, so I'm not actually complaining just pointing it out from my own view.

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 10:33:14 pm »

Well, for one, yes... it makes absolute sense.  If you cannot understand this language and you hear it's a really good game and you want to play it but cannot because of this then yeah it is very annoying and you should ask the developer if he can make a different languaged version.  Honestly converting languages isn't that hard especially if there isn't that much text and voice acting wouldn't be too difficult either because if it's a popular game you got the money to translate it and not only are you making this guy happy but your opening your game to a whole new set of people which = more $$$.  It's not small-minded at all, I do not see how it is.  It's simply annoying you cannot understand this language at the time, what do you expect a person to feel?  Ashamed?

Of course this is not a pay-to-play game, so I'm not actually complaining just pointing it out from my own view.

I agree.
My current In-game name is Colan.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 10:34:59 pm »

How about, you know, learning the language instead? Do you see any russians for example whining here that the 2238 game is mostly in english? Do I , as a german complain that the game is in english? Do I feel ashamed? No, why should I. I just try to learn stuff in order to understand better what's going on. If you really want to play a game so bad and it doesn't support your english, then that's the only option if you don't want to whine or bitch about something. Also, we aren't only talking about commercial games here, small indie or fandmade games don't have the funds to pay voice actors to do different languages, most translations mostly suck aswell.

I see where you are coming from and agree partly, but "annoying" isn't the word I would choose for something like that.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 10:36:46 pm »

How about, you know, learning the language instead? Do you see any russians for example whining here that the 2238 game is mostly in english? Do I , as a german complain that the game is in english? Do I feel ashamed? No, why should I. I just try to learn stuff in order to understand better what's going on. If you really want to play a game so bad and it doesn't support your english, then that's the only option if you don't want to whine or bitch about something. Also, we aren't only talking about commercial games here, small indie or fandmade games don't have the funds to pay voice actors to do different languages, most translations mostly suck aswell.

I see where you are coming from and agree partly, but "annoying" isn't the word I would choose for something like that.
ok, "Inconvienient" good enough?

Now enough nit-picking let them have their thread.
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 04:11:24 pm »

There's no need to know the language at all, just game mechanics, where and how to play. You have everything in pictures and numbers  ;D
I'll ask the dev for that server to do translation to English. PM me if you want to play. Game experience is much more like other mmorpg's where you can play alone like singleplayer, or you can go pvp in certain areas. Losing items is not a pain there's tones to weapons/ammo if you know where to get them.

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 05:14:53 am »

Goon-Heaven is one of fonline servers I play on and sure could use some help ;)
I'm looking for players that don't mind Russian text and enjoy PvP and PvE.
Requirements are simple, headset or headphones/microphone, understanding English and lots of free time to play :)
We got mumble or you can pm me your Skype/windowslive.
Few screenshots just to peek in how it is:

this server is amazing, i play it alot, i am with the RED TEAM
OMG marko its u :D, and i think its the red team im on :D
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 08:59:18 pm »

this server is amazing, i play it alot, i am with the RED TEAM
OMG marko its u :D, and i think its the red team im on :D
That´s how 12 years old child is talking.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.